Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

The Legend, Don Williams Lives On - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Legend, Don Williams Lives On (441 Views)

Don Williams - Lord I Hope This Day Is Good / The Legend Of The Rainmaker – Majek Fashek / Don Williams Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Legend, Don Williams Lives On by majamajic(m): 8:17am On Sep 09, 2017
US country music singer Don Williams - who enjoyed great success with his easy-going singing style - has died aged 78.
The Texan native passed away after a short illness, his publicist said.

Williams began his solo career in 1971, amassing 17 number one country hits.
His songs, such as Gypsy Woman and Tulsa Time, were covered by many other singers - including Eric Clapton and Pete Townshend. Williams was known as the gentle giant of country music.

Other hits included You're My Best Friend, I Believe in You and Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good.

In 2010, he was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41209608

Cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Legendary Connect With Kissbwoy Imydee / Ogbe By SOVA Ft Norskid Nd JC Jones Hit Track / Inspired Gospel Songs With Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.