Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Oau Union Clash: "I Defended Myself With A Broken Bottle To Avoid Rapè." Sug Vp - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oau Union Clash: "I Defended Myself With A Broken Bottle To Avoid Rapè." Sug Vp (1119 Views)

Stray Bullet Kills Final Year UNIZIK Student As Gunmen And Nigerian Army Clash I / Woman Stabs Her Relative On The Head With A Broken Bottle For Shaming Her Son / Man Stabbed To Death After Bringing Bottle To Fight Neighbour In Onitsha. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oau Union Clash: "I Defended Myself With A Broken Bottle To Avoid Rapè." Sug Vp by TheBlessedMAN: 11:38am On Sep 09, 2017
The Vice President of Obafemi
Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
Students’ Union, Tosin Jacob,
says she resorted to using a
broken bottle to defend herself
during a clash over N3.8m
because she feared she might be
sexually attacked.
The clash occurred during a
meeting on the utilisation of
N3.8m recently disbursed to the
union by the school
management.
Jacob, popularly called Emerald
on campus, explained that she
was scared of being mobbed or
gang-raped, alleging that she
had earlier been threatened
sexually and physically.
According to her, she had initially
attempted to escape from the
meeting in which the clash
occurred but that the exits were
blocked against her.
It would be recalled that Jacob
and the Social Director of the
union, Adedayo Emmanuel, had
engaged in a bloody clash on
Tuesday evening.
While Emmanuel, popularly
known as Lamba sustained a
minor injury, Jacob is currently
admitted at the Seventh Day
Adventist Hospital, Ile-Ife, after
being allegedly head-butted by
Emmanuel.
She shared her story on hospital
bed on Friday, lamenting that
other members of the union
executives connived against her
over her stand against financial
mismanagement.
Jacob, who complained that she
was molested and assaulted in
the meeting, noted that she
might have suffered more
injuries without self-defence.
She said,
“There was a gang-up. I was
detained against my will,
taunted, overpowered and
severely beaten by
Emmanuel in the presence
of the president, Ibukun
Oyekan, and other union
executives.
“The meeting started a few
minutes to 7pm. The major
issue for discussion was
how to spend the
N3.8m.There were all kinds
of phantom projects being
proposed and I was
convinced that these
projects were just ploys for
the diversion of the fund.
“I disagreed with most of
the deliberations. The
president also instructed
that all exits be locked and
that I had to be a part of
the meeting at all cost.
“I began to raise my voice
that I was being held
against my will. I insisted I
was leaving, and at that
point, feeling threatened
and unsafe, I got into a
struggle with Emmanuel at
the door.
“In order to make me
comply, he pushed me
aggressively several times
and at some point hit me
and pulled me back. While I
was being man-handled, I
became conscious that I
was the only female in the
room. The other union
officers were all males and
were in agreement and I
was the only one opposing
their plans in that meeting.
They taunted me as
Emmanuel hit me.
“I began to scream in alarm,
people around the students’
union building heard my
voice and made attempts to
force their way in, but they
were prevented by the
president who told them
that everything was okay
and that a meeting was in
session. At this point I
became desperate and no
longer felt safe at all.
“I began to look for
anything around me to
defend myself with.
I eventually got hold of a
bottle because that was the
only thing I could lay hold
on in self-defence. People
were banging on the door
outside so as to come to my
aid until the speaker of the
parliament found a way to
force his way into the room
to salvage the situation.
“In the meantime, I had
been head-butted, while
the bottle had been
collected from me while
Emmanuel kept hitting me. I
sustained injuries in the
arm, legs, face and the
chest. My nose was
bleeding when I was being
carried out of the scene and
rushed to the health
centre.”
It would be recalled that the
union executives earlier been
accused of misappropriation
when it used a previous
disbursement of N3m in June to
purchase a bus, that was said to
be worth N900,000.
http://leereports.com/oau-union-clash-defended-broken-bottle-avoid-rape-sug-vp?utm_content=buffercf3df&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

mynd44, lalasticlala
Re: Oau Union Clash: "I Defended Myself With A Broken Bottle To Avoid Rapè." Sug Vp by TyushTal(m): 11:40am On Sep 09, 2017
Her situation be like;

Someone who's about to be roasted, and then, went ahead to rub palm oil on her body
Re: Oau Union Clash: "I Defended Myself With A Broken Bottle To Avoid Rapè." Sug Vp by SuperSuave(m): 11:45am On Sep 09, 2017
She might be making this up to defend herself against the initial story of how she started the brawl or she might be saying the truth. angry
Re: Oau Union Clash: "I Defended Myself With A Broken Bottle To Avoid Rapè." Sug Vp by oluwayimika123: 11:54am On Sep 09, 2017
I think dier is a conspiracy against d VP being d only female member amongst d excos not trying to justify her act Buh how can d oda excos continue to watch dem while d whole fracas was going on without intervening until she got badly injured knowing DAT d she won't b able to defeat d Socials.
Re: Oau Union Clash: "I Defended Myself With A Broken Bottle To Avoid Rapè." Sug Vp by lardeipo(f): 11:54am On Sep 09, 2017
just imagine this uni students claiming 2 b 'leaders of tomorrow', planning on how 2 share millions of naira with camoflage of executing plans 4 d school. Just imagine! and our honourable president will b claiming 2 fight corruption where he is. its just like cutting weed from d stem instead of uprooting it. Corruption didnt start frm our senates nor representatives alone its starts frm our homes.
Re: Oau Union Clash: "I Defended Myself With A Broken Bottle To Avoid Rapè." Sug Vp by lardeipo(f): 11:57am On Sep 09, 2017
oluwayimika123:
I think dier is a conspiracy against d VP being d only female member amongst d excos not trying to justify her act Buh how can d oda excos continue to watch dem while d whole fracas was going on without intervening until she got badly injured knowing DAT d she won't b able to defeat d Socials.
selfishness.
odas might hv agreed 2 share d money among already.
Re: Oau Union Clash: "I Defended Myself With A Broken Bottle To Avoid Rapè." Sug Vp by TyushTal(m): 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2017
OP... I can't find where she mentioned rape yet

SuperSuave:
She might be making this up to defend herself against the initial story of how she started the brawl or she might be saying the truth. angry

I think she's telling the truth, her statement is even more detailed

But this is my perception. Since she claims she and the DOS haven't been on good terms

The DOS probably confronted her with an illogical mindset(the type of, God, let this girl do yamayama today), that she couldn't have interpreted as a joke.

From another source where I read the news, she claims the other members present were making provocative comments
And the president was said to have made demeaning comments like " Leave them alone, it's two fighting". This is what happens when unionism heads the opposite direction. The house was full of clownssss

They joked with such a sensitive matter
And you know, girls are very sensitive to words, she got angry the more, picked a bottle in defense

And the DOS guy be like (welhidone, God don catch you today. Iwo yo igo ti emi) grin
It was that excuse, the DOS used to beat her up
Re: Oau Union Clash: "I Defended Myself With A Broken Bottle To Avoid Rapè." Sug Vp by HumanistMike(m): 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2017
The female is being typical by playing the rap.e and molestation card...albeit in a stupid way. How was she going to be rape.d in such a gathering? She's over reaching here.

She tried to be a bully by attempting to commit murder so her only refuge is to claim self defence.

The DOS should file charges of attempted murder on her. She has to be taught a lesson.

No female should attack a male. A well raised female will never fight a man. There is never a reason for a female to attack a man with a broken bottle.

This is what happens when these guys allocate a slot to a female. There should be no affirmative action in politics. That female VP got that slot because of her gender. This causes the wrong people to win the elections. ALL SLOTS HAVE TO BE OPEN TO BOTH GENDERS. NO SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Woman Suffocate Her New Born Baby And Threw Him In The Garbage In Delta Photos / #endsars Is It The Job Of SARS To Arrest Yahoo Boys Or Efcc / Cult War Resurfaces At Rivers State University,one Shot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.