Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,828 members, 7,813,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

University Of Ibadan Vs OAU ILE Ife..discipline Level. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Vs OAU ILE Ife..discipline Level. (502 Views)

University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike / OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / ASUU STRIKE: University Of Ibadan Terminates First Semester. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Vs OAU ILE Ife..discipline Level. by menstrualpad: 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
Can you imagine this happening in UI?

Recuperating Vice President of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Students Union, Miss Jacob Tosin Grace has given her own account of the violent clash at the Central Executive Meeting of the Union on September 6th, 2017 during which she was alleged to have been involved in a fight with Social Director, Adedayo Emmanuel.

Our correspondent who went to the Seventh Day hospital, Lagere where Grace is receiving treatment met her in Ward four of the hospital, lying on the hospital bed with bruises on her face, breasts and supported with a Plaster of Paris.

She said she has been avoiding the Student Union’s building due to the threats and harassments from several persons but decided to attend the meeting to discuss the money disbursed to the union.

“A meeting was convened for members of the executive council and the meeting ought to hold by 5pm but didn’t start until 7pm and it held in the President’s office. Before the meeting, I had not been going to the Students’ Union Building because there have been threats against me- both sexual and oral from persons I do not want to specifically mention.

“We discussed the N3.8 million subvention the management released to the union and the issues raised at the meeting were basically hinged on capital projects which I have been vehemently against. In fact, I was against the purchase of the bus bought by the Union president a while ago and I did release a statement dated 1st of May, 2017 condemning the act.”

At the meeting several items on the agenda was discussed. Some of them bothered on construction of relaxation centre, construction of a staircase along the school’s Architecture studio-Alumni hall axis, and refurbishment of the union’s library. However, issues of the packages of the freshmen which were proposed at the rate of 1.4 million were rejected. Grace said since the Union President had failed to initially disburse funds for her concerning the freshers packages for the newly admitted students, she stood up and asked to be excused.

“I was tired at the meeting because I had an exam that morning and fatigue was setting in. I wanted to take my leave but the Director of Socials, Adedayo Afolabi Emmanuel, (Lamba) stood at the door preventing me from going out. Lamba and I have not been talking for months and this is not unconnected to the alleged bus saga and plans by some executive council members to facilitate my suspension based on the flimsy allegations that I had plans to impeach the president.”

“I pushed him out of the way telling him I wanted to leave; but he slapped me, beat me, hit me on the breasts, head-butted me, and tore my cloth. None out of the remaining six executive council members came to my rescue although the only person absent at the meeting was the Assistant Secretary General. They held me and my clothes were already torn. I was looking for an instrument of self-defense and somebody handed me a bottle.

“I hit the bottle on the table, it didn’t break, I hit it on the floor and it did break. I picked up a piece of it to scare Lamba but the Union PRO, Okediji Simon collected the bottle from me and Lamba beat me again for the second time.”

Grace who is still nursing several bruises from the wounds inflicted on her in the fight stated that no member of the executive was willing to help her or stop Adedayo Emmanuel from inflicting more injuries on her until the Speaker of the House rescued her.

“The Welfare director left me and the remaining CEC members inside after I broke the bottle while the Union PRO, Zuma collected the broken bottle from me though I never planned on using it. I was shouting until the Speaker of the Parliament forced himself inside and took me out of the president’s office. I couldn’t support myself anymore and was getting unconscious, so I was rushed to the University Health centre.

“On getting to the Health centre, I could not be attended to because I needed a security report. I ought to be transferred to OAU Teaching hospital but they co
Re: University Of Ibadan Vs OAU ILE Ife..discipline Level. by menstrualpad: 2:27pm On Sep 09, 2017
angry
Re: University Of Ibadan Vs OAU ILE Ife..discipline Level. by DRPAIT123(m): 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Solved: "Admission For Students With Failed Jamb, Jupeb And A Levels" / Post Graduate Students Accuse OAU Of Systemic Fraud, Exploitation / Education, The Gap Between The Rich And Poor Students.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.