Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,722 members, 7,827,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? (2712 Views)

How Do You Cope With Being A Wife, Mother And Career Woman? / Help! My Wife’s Mother And Her Friend Are Having My Babies / Who,s Suppose To Take Care Of My Newbaby, My Mother Or My Wife Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by ayomifull(f): 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2010
I have a colleague who is so stressed and ‘sick’ and need to take some time off to rest. She is not willing to take time off because according to her she won’t even be able to take the rest she need at some as the kids won’t let her be plus she still has to do the usual house chores. I then advised her to take an holiday somewhere like Northern Ireland and relax for like 3 nights, she laughed it off saying I should not even think of it as her husband will never allow such.

I do take holidays alone, my husband takes holiday alone and then we also do take holiday together with the kids so it was kind of funny to me that a man will not allow such. She is a very hard working and responsible lady and me think she deserves some private time to relax her head.

Is it really not proper please?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by baybbootz(f): 9:03pm On Feb 25, 2010
There is totally nothing wrong with taking a well deserved vacation,from what you have written she deserves it.
I think she should come to a compromise with her husband,and decide who will take over her duties
Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by Chykason(m): 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2010
Baybbootz, to some extent i agree wiv you. But to talk of who takes over her duties: u c marriage from a biz point of view.
As for me, personal holidays above 3 days is not my type. Temptations are plenty. Promiscuity. . It all depends on perfect knowledge of ur partner. .from the husband's side, the wife's side, even from children's side. Is there any need going into details? lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by baybbootz(f): 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2010
maybe i do.
cause i feel one partner is being cheated out.Am sure the dude would take his own deserved vacations with out any obstruction.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by Chykason(m): 11:16pm On Feb 25, 2010
Dearie,
you'll make a mean women rights activist.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by Chykason(m): 11:17pm On Feb 25, 2010
Dearie,
you'll make a mean women rights activist.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by baybbootz(f): 11:26pm On Feb 25, 2010
oh ok. tongue tongue
That is besides the point though,not the issue at hand.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by Outstrip(f): 5:04am On Feb 26, 2010
I personally do not see anything wrong with it. She too might not be comfortable with her husband doing it though. That's probably why she will not consider it.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by spoilt(f): 3:40pm On Feb 26, 2010
A woman can take a short holiday with her girls. C'mon, the man and family needs will strangle you eventually. Day in and day out you are only looking out for the family. 3 days in a calendar year to relax and have fun is not going to make heaven fall.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by otawa: 11:25pm On Feb 26, 2010
I do take holidays alone, my husband takes holiday alone and then we also do take holiday together with the kids so it was kind of funny to me that a man will not allow such. She is a very hard working and responsible lady and me think she deserves some private time to relax her head.

Lucky you. Holiday alone in a strange city when you are married woman.

is that what you did in Dubai? you alone.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by ayomifull(f): 6:14pm On Mar 01, 2010
otawa:

Lucky you. Holiday alone in a strange city when you are married woman.

is that what you did in Dubai? you alone.

I went to Dubai with my husband and kids, that was a family holiday but we do take personal holidays. We have no prob with it absolutely smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by coolier(f): 11:06pm On Mar 01, 2010
There's nothing wrong in a wife/mother wanting to take a holiday alone, but then some husbands might not allow it. His religion might forbid it or his principles against it. Different strokes for different people!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by Reference(m): 5:55am On Jul 03, 2014
Nothing wrong with that in principle. Its all about the personalities of the individuals concerned. Loose people are loose everywhere, even in church while straight folks will avoid corruption no matter where they are. I've had occasion to find myself lodging in seedy hotels on my business trips. What I see doesn't move me, not with what I came for looming large.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by ifyalways(f): 6:36am On Jul 03, 2014
There's no wrong or right answer in marriage affairs as each marriage is unique, has a different foundation and principles. Each man should do just works for him or her.

I've gone on short vacations with my besties, SIL's and alone. Truth is, I didn't really enjoy it so much and ran back home as I missed my boys at home.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by shaybebaby(f): 7:28am On Jul 03, 2014
How about finding someone to babysit the kids for the three nights and the lady and her man should go together, lawd knows I need to get away from my baby and be alone with my man wink. Now that is the real sh1t!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by blank(f): 10:57am On Jul 03, 2014
Once in a while, i take a weekend off. Away from kids, husband, family, work. I go to like a spa, eat all the junk food i want to eat and read books especially detective books and just lounge. I don't even receive phone calls except just to check on the progress at home. My husband is not a big fan but i need to be able to decompress after so much stress. I still go on family holidays and also go on romantic weekends with my husband. However, the best time is just me, my jacuzzi, sweet red wine, snacks and a good book. Heavenly.

That is me sha. Not everyone is the same.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by Acidosis(m): 11:09am On Jul 03, 2014
Do to others what you can accommodate smiley
Re: Is It Wrong For A Wife/mother To Take Holiday Alone? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 03, 2014
G

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Pressure / Please, Your Advise / 7 Things Women Must Stop Doing To Eachother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.