Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! (2725 Views)

Dear Family, A Depressed Soul Needs Your Advice. / Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? / Urgent Help Needed Pls. My Wife Wants To Get Pregnant! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by stan4b(m): 11:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
Her husband just bought a company in Malawi early last month. He didn't tell her at first that he was going to buy a company outside Nigeria,it was after he has bought d company that he told her.
The problem now is,my friend,who happens to be the wife of the man,she's still in school. She's a student of the university of Benin and she's also a final year student. Her husband is asking her to leave her school and relocate with him to Malawi.
Please,my fellow nl ur advice is really needed. Should she leave her school cause of her husband? Her husband has already told her he can't live her alone in Nigeria,because she's four months pregnant for him.
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Swiftboy(m): 11:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
Why cant he wait till she finish her schooling? Why would she waste her effort in school. I smell something fishy!

1 Like

Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by pickabeau1: 11:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
Let her visit to see how the place is

But she shd finish her education here,
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by stan4b(m): 11:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
Swiftboy: Why cant he wait till she finish her schooling? Why would she waste her effort in school. I smell something fishy!
She once told me that her husband just likes doing things the way it pleases him,cause he has money.
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by stan4b(m): 11:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
pickabeau1: Let her visit to see how the place is

Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by frankj1(m): 11:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
hmmmmmmmmm..........after all this yrs in schnow the husband want her to abandon her suffering true out all this yrs to Malawi.......what ever it's let her try nd finish first b/4 any other thing.
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by stan4b(m): 11:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
pickabeau1: Let her visit to see how the place is

That's the problem,the man doesn't want her to continue her education in Nigeria again. He has raven gone to inform his parents about everything,but the girls parents wants their daughter to complete her education in Nigeria.
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Swiftboy(m): 11:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
I think the man's a jackass! He's not even considering her feelings.
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by pickabeau1: 11:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
stan4b:
That's the problem,the man doesn't want her to continue her education in Nigeria again. He has raven gone to inform his parents about everything,but the girls parents wants their daughter to complete her education in Nigeria.

So sh goes to a country she has not being before, no education, pregnant,,,

ripe recipe
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
Awon okunrin imi baje sha.some men can be so selfish.so when she is almost rounding up her studies,she should relocate.if she was his sister,will he do that or if it was the woman that built a house without informing him.infact the next thing that will come to his mind is that one sugar daddy somewhere built the house for her and will likely not go there.tufiaaaakwa for some men's level of selfishness.hiaaaannnn.

Always me,myself i,my womans life must revolve around me.her plans must be secondary to mine,her ambitions must be after mind.smh.mshewwww
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
Really? Your friend needs advice? As in, it's actually up for debate to her? Some of these women need to be flogged. She should pack up her education and follow him now! Will I follow her to suffer when she gets there? Mtshieew!

3 Likes

Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by stan4b(m): 11:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
ileobatojo: Really? Your friend needs advice? As in, it's actually up for debate to her? Some of these women need to be flogged. She should pack up her education and follow him now! Will I follow her to suffer when she gets there? Mtshieew!
I don't knw if its relevant or not,but she was a virgin before she got marry and they got married last year.
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 07, 2013

5 Likes

Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by bellong: 7:48am On Oct 07, 2013
stan4b:
I don't knw if its relevant or not,but she was a virgin before she got marry and they got married last year.

Virginity has nothing to do with applying the brain. Not all virgins are wise, infact, some of them are stupid thinking all what they need to be good in life is to be a virgin.

Your friend's husband is selfish, arrogant and inconsiderate while your friend seems to me to be someone who can't take decision except whatever she is told. The issue should not even come up for discussion, she should be able to do what is right without anyone telling her.

She is in her final year and she is four months pregnant. The university does not even issue a certificate of attendance to people who left in their final year. The same man telling her to leave her school will tomorrow be the same person that will insult and reduce her to nothing for not having any degree qualification.

What are the hidden intentions of the husband? Is it to make her "qualificationless" so she can easily be subdued and controlled. Your friend is already making up her mind to become a full time house wife, I pity her. A man that has no patience for her to graduate, I wouldn't know the kind of patience he will have when the storms of life hit their marriage.

Well, if your friend is bent on leaving for Malawi, I would that you advised her to take a session leave of absence due to her pregnancy. At least, she will still have hope of completing her studies if things do not work out as expected.

1 Like

Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 07, 2013
stan4b:

Please shush with the virgin thingy! Ain't nobody got time for that emotional virgin blackmail.

Your friend needs no advice. She is an adult capable of making sound decisions. If she likes, let her stop her studies and follow her "rich" husband to Malawi (of all places sef).

That is how abuse starts.
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by gidjah(m): 8:37am On Oct 07, 2013
dat man is so heartless, bought a whole company? but wait o! y in malaria!! sorry malawi? hope there won't be trouble tomorrow, ?? ds dats theres bin lots of trouble ova power n fame n ownership in african countries. bak to ur original post, let her ensure she finishes her sch o!, save if she can get transcript frm naija, but what if d man is ready to terminate d marriage coz of ds, what will be our other side of d ADVICE? ??
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 07, 2013
stan4b:

Well she needs to toughen up! Would she be happy wasting all the years she spent in school so far to go and be a housewife with zero career prospects in a far away land? She won't have a degree to fall back on when things go belly up. As it is she has no say whatsoever in what goes on in their house. So what makes her feel being in a totally dependent situation in a foreign land with a baby is a good move? She needs to toughen up and think! He's just starting a new business too, meaning they are likely to have money problems when they go. Let him go and get settled over there instead of carrying two extra mouths to feed to an unknown land. If your friend had absolutely nothing doing in Nigeria, that's a different matter. Let her complete her education, have her baby among family and friends. After that she can start working on her relocation.

Your friend is married to a wicked and unreasonable man. She needs to be very calculated in her moves.
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Ngokafor(f): 8:45am On Oct 07, 2013
@op a married woman's place is with her husband so she should quietly follow him to Malawi.Didnt she know what she signed up for when ran and got married while still a student?..she should have waited till she's done with school or at least in final year before getting married,besides she's four months pregnant now so how does she want to go round all that with a here-today-gone tomorrow husband?..

....am not even going to waste my energy abusing the man because he simply wants his wife and baby with him in Malawi,is that such a crime?...please tell your friend to follow him since he is insisting..or else he may get there and jump shipoo!..i don talk my own.

...as for her parents insisting on her finishing school..seriously?...i dont think they have that right anymore cos she's married!...they should have insisted she finished school first before marrying her off.

1 Like

Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Ninapha(f): 10:03am On Oct 07, 2013
Ngokafor, are u for real? Nawah oo.

Op, well this is marriage and na deep sense person dey take drive safe. I wd advise her to discretly differ her education and join him. Atleast a year dat woul give her ample opportunity to give birth and be around to understand the man motives. If he is sincere with his motives and u are able to secure another admission, gudluck if not come back and complete ur studies here. Best of luck.

NB, u are not in bondage, it is a union bound in love!
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by degurl(f): 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
@Ngokafor, I want to assume you are being sarcastic.

@topic, op believe it or not, once she makes the mistake of quitting her education whether she defies it or not and relocates to Malawi with the husband, that will be the end of her schooling in Nija.
The husband may not allow her start over even if she want to.

Beinh married does not turn a woman into a slowpoke. She should think with her head.
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
I don laff tire here!

Here we go again.
Waoh!

Poster, make she pack follow am naw.
No be wetin she sign?

And the parents? Wetin be their own.
They completely washed off their hands d day she got married.
Is the man abusing her? No.
So what's d problem?
Malawi here I come o!
Nonsense!
(what do u get when material things r the first consideration in marriage. The guy's xter has been intact from day one,but was ignored. I wish her luck.
She might need it.
Where is malawi located pls?)

1 Like

Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by pickabeau1: 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
south easten afrika...
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
Lol grin grin @ being a virgin!

** continues reading comments ***
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
OP,

1. What is the mans net worth.
2. What is her CGPA. Is it less than 1.5 grin

You answer to this will determine my response. cool

The is no point finishing school if she is already a failure tongue

1 Like

Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Ngokafor(f): 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
degurl: @Ngokafor, I want to assume you are being sarcastic.

@topic, op believe it or not, once she makes the mistake of quitting her education whether she defies it or not and relocates to Malawi with the husband, that will be the end of her schooling in Nija.
The husband may not allow her start over even if she want to.

Beinh married does not turn a woman into a slowpoke. She should think with her head.

..Believe it or not,i meant everything i posted...now what?...besides i hope you are not suggesting she defies her husband and stays back with biggy belle cos i no understand this your grammar undecided
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Ngokafor(f): 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
Chillisauce: OP,

2. What is her CGPA. Is it less than 1.5 grin

You answer to this will determine my response. cool

The is no point finishing school if she is already a failure tongue

grin grin grin..you don come again ba?..abeg i no fit laugh where i dey..
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
Chillisauce: OP,

If he had plenty money lying around, I doubt he would be relocating to Malawi. cheesy

2. What is her CGPA. Is it less than 1.5

grin grin
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by stan4b(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
Tanx u all for ur comments
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by LarrySun(m): 9:32am On Nov 22, 2013
frank j: hmmmmmmmmm..........after all this yrs in schnow the husband want her to abandon her suffering true out all this yrs to Malawi.......what ever it's let her try nd finish first b/4 any other thing.
Happy birthday to you, Frank.
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by GboyegaD(m): 2:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
The man isn't heartless however, it will be silly if the lady accepts such from him. You don't wake up in the middle of the night and throw your efforts over something worthwhile into thin air. The advantage she has here is that the guy never involved her ib such a great decision, thus insisting on finishing her education before joining him isn't a bad idea.
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
chaircover:

here we go again! What has virgin got to do with the matter at hand?

A husband of less than a year takes such a great decision behind your back and we are talking about virgin. He bought a whole company in Malawi, not a loaf of bread at Agege!!! Where was he when he was negotiating on the sale? were you not in his house and his bed every night? only to suddenly out of the blue tell you his decision.

A husband who knows that you are in your final year in school asks you to up and leave school. Has he found you a school in malawi? and will you be continuing from where you left off in Nigeria? Wont the stress of the move affect your studies on top of the pregnancy? Should he be even moving you now that you are 4 months pregnant?

Some marriages really make me "fearful" I tell you

Madam tell your friend to better put her foot down and finish her education . . .I dont know the man, but based on this story alone, She is going to have a long long bumpy ride with this one and although I dont pray for this, she may need that degree at some point to put food on her table, when the man shows his true colours.

I didnt comment on the should undergraduates marry . . .Its late, but my answer is NO NO NO! IMO a woman should be fully cooked in all areas before getting married, cos once you are married, its no longer Me me me but US! This thread is a good reason why one should at least have a first degree or workable skills before taking the plunge.

I hope she escapes this malawi plan.
Re: Pls,my Friend Needs Your Advice!!! by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
stan4b:

[size=14pt]It is relevant if she is a virgin of the brain, that means Her brain has never been put to use before[/size]

When she gets to Malawi she can tell them shes a virgin they have special allowances for virgins and a job too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Sex Is Hotter / I Need A Divorce..someone Should Pls Help Me / Staying With Your Husbands Brother,how Wise Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.