Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Religious Universities : Adding To Unemployment Rate In The Future - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Universities : Adding To Unemployment Rate In The Future (630 Views)

Kumuyi Seeks Support For Church’s Plan To Check Unemployment / How Adeboye is contributing To Unemployment in Nigeria / Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Universities : Adding To Unemployment Rate In The Future by folorunso86(m): 7:09pm On Sep 09, 2017
Oluwatuyi folorunso's table .........;...
Enough of Universities in this country. A friend of mine who is a season Scholar recently told me that establishment of universities by churches in Nigeria is a way of creating employment. This he said to make me reason along with his support of this "ungodly" focus of our modern churches. I have always and I will continue to go against church establishing university. A narrow minded man will quickly agree that this social group - churhes are helping in creating job but I say capital No to this. Churches are only and will end up increasing the rate of unemployment by doing this. Someone may like to ask me how. Let us assume a new establish university absorb 1500 workers, academic and non academic staff inclusive. Yes, this is very good !!!! But at the long run, such school will end up producing graduates that will be rooming around looking for job. This will be done every year !!! After collecting tithes and offerings, churches establish schools that will not be affordable for there members even the less privileged. If indeed, any church wanna help us out of unemployment in this country, then I will suggest that it is better to establish companies, factories, plants. These have the tendency of creating employment permanently without any long run side effect. Universities is like secondary schools. You see them in every streets, villages, town, cities producing fruits that are half baked. The few tertiary institutions we have should be upgraded .......
Re: Religious Universities : Adding To Unemployment Rate In The Future by menstrualpad: 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
Myopic argument. Babcock university is grooming global workers. Not your unfortunate public school.. Like OAU where male executives gather to beat a female vice President of the Student Union Government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Universities : Adding To Unemployment Rate In The Future by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
menstrualpad:
Myopic argument. Babcock university is grooming global workers. Not your unfortunate public school.. Like OAU where male executives gather to beat a female vice President of the Student Union Government.

grin
Re: Religious Universities : Adding To Unemployment Rate In The Future by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2017
Before the creation of religious universities, there has being poverty in the land.There's rare cheap religious universities in the world especially from the Christian foke. Secondly you hide under religion to address an issue but you forgot we have Islamic universities, why would you centre on tithe and offering?. Thirdly these religious universities standards aren't the same with secular ones because they teach religious principles and morals.This can be attributed to covenant university Nigeria were they made it compulsory to a large extend for students to attend chapel for prayers. Poverty will always be there no matter what the government does but it can only reduce. Developed countries have religious universities, yet still have poor citizens how much more developing country like Nigeria.
Re: Religious Universities : Adding To Unemployment Rate In The Future by hakeem4(m): 10:56pm On Sep 09, 2017
folorunso86:
Enough of Universities in this country. A friend of mine who is a season Scholar recently told me that establishment of universities by churches in Nigeria is a way of creating employment. This he said to make me reason along with his support of this "ungodly" focus of our modern churches. I have always and I will continue to go against church establishing university. A narrow minded man will quickly agree that this social group - churhes are helping in creating job but I say capital No to this. Churches are only and will end up increasing the rate of unemployment by doing this. Someone may like to ask me how. Let us assume a new establish university absorb 1500 workers, academic and non academic staff inclusive. Yes, this is very good !!!! But at the long run, such school will end up producing graduates that will be rooming around looking for job. This will be done every year !!! After collecting tithes and offerings, churches establish schools that will not be affordable for there members even the less privileged. If indeed, any church wanna help us out of unemployment in this country, then I will suggest that it is better to establish companies, factories, plants. These have the tendency of creating employment permanently without any long run side effect. Universities is like secondary schools. You see them in every streets, villages, town, cities producing fruits that are half baked. The few tertiary institutions we have should be upgraded .......
feran15 what is this one saying like this ? cry
Re: Religious Universities : Adding To Unemployment Rate In The Future by folorunso86(m): 11:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
[quote author=asuustrike2009 post=60301537] Before the creation of religious universities, there has being poverty in the land.There's rare cheap religious universities in the world especially from the Christian foke. Secondly you hide under religion to address an issue but you forgot we have Islamic universities, why would you centre on tithe and offering?. Church Shld b making profit
Re: Religious Universities : Adding To Unemployment Rate In The Future by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 10, 2017
[quote author=folorunso86 post=60302574][/quote]
And they did they tell you they're making profit? Someone on this forum analysize the cost of running one of such universities and found out that they're not making profit they way we think. You haven't answer me,why centre on church only?
Re: Religious Universities : Adding To Unemployment Rate In The Future by folorunso86(m): 7:33am On Sep 10, 2017
asuustrike2009:

And they did they tell you they're making profit? Someone on this forum analysize the cost of running one of such universities and found out that they're not making profit they way we think. You haven't answer me,why centre on church only?
. I said religious groups. However it is not a debatable matter that churches have the highest number of private own universities in Nigeria. Are you aware that T. B Joshua has also be given approval to establish university?
Re: Religious Universities : Adding To Unemployment Rate In The Future by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 10, 2017
folorunso86:
. I said religious groups. However it is not a debatable matter that churches have the highest number of private own universities in Nigeria. Are you aware that T. B Joshua has also be given approval to establish university?
Why stress on church if you don't have interior motive. So if T.B Joshua built a university is anything wrong about it? Please let the church be
Re: Religious Universities : Adding To Unemployment Rate In The Future by mrwonlasewonie: 8:22am On Sep 10, 2017
@op you're being sentimental. Look at it this way,if covenant university or Bowen university employs like 1500 academic and another 1500 non academic staffs at various levels and they produce graduates, won't this graduates turn around and be the ones to produce factories,industries and all that.please stop the blame game.as a matter of fact I think the spring up of private university will reduce unemployment particularly in rural areas and reduce the rural urban migration. People living in the outskirts of urban area working in rural areas won't see the need to go to Lagos or portharcourt to look for a hob

By the way do you realise that it was the presence of covenant university in ota that made ota more cosmopolitan and developed. Private universities on it's own naturally generates,attracts and upgrade small scale businesses to big ones

The saloons around the school environs there that were only having 2-3 customers in a day will now be having the influx of students and staffs coming for their services and before you know it the once upon a time small business is now having branches all around and employing more staffs

Landlords are making money because students and staffs will pay for hoise rent annually, supermarkets will multiply themselves naturally, boutiques and restaurants will multiply themselves so sir stop saying what you don't know or have evidence about

Look at Babcock university for example established in a village in Ogun state-ilisan remo.ilisan was a village.an underdeveloped and crude village.its now a semi urban area with businesses springing up and people establishing businesses and business centres where they have to employ people

So imagine the influx of religious private universities springing up in every nook and crannies of underdeveloped rural parts of Nigeria,their first priorities will definetly be their church members that will employed and of course that will reduce unemployment at it will make people loose interest in flooding Lagos pH or abuja since their jobs and buisnesses /family are in rural areas

Then again government cannot independently reduce or eliminate unemployment. They need the support of you and I and that's where the religious institutions come in to establish universities as a way of educating youths and generating employment for qualified men and women

We have secular private universities and religious private universities. These are institutions that reduce unemployment asides the financial institutions, fashion ,food and media industry. Moreover The religious institution is part of the society. They have to contribute their own quota to the reduction of unemployment in the society and reduce the decadence and rot in the society through religious schools hence the establishment of secondary schools and universities

More so it's not chicken Change to run any kind of business in Nigeria how much more a university in Nigeria where standards have to be put in place so what do you expect? To make any institution functional,money,a lot of money has to be involved for it to be efficient. The reason why public universities or federal universities aren't efficient is not even because they have inefficient staffs it's because the money to make the institutions functional and efficient or make the university not strike is always eaten up by corruption

Even you that you're criticizing private universities and saying they will trigger unemployment in the future, what business have you established yourself. If you have established any business, however big or small you will know establishing universities where you need to put in working facilities,employ thousands of people will run into billions of naira.not to talk of paying staffs,building of staff quarters,hostels ,classrooms,toilets etc

Just build a bungalow in Nigeria whether you won't spend close to a millions of naira talkless of a school.they need to chatge nillions of naira not necessarily for status sake or attracting only big man pikin but to keep it working.the computers,laptops,air conditioners,electricity,painting,etc is not N50.

Do you know how much debt Ben Bruce is still paying for that his silver bird business? talk is cheap abeg

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religious Universities : Adding To Unemployment Rate In The Future by feran15(m): 9:24am On Sep 10, 2017
folorunso86:

Lool your reasoning is flawed. So public universities dont produce people that go about looking for jobs too? What about the people that dont get admission every year? Dont they go about looking for work too?
Dont take out your frustration out on the church and meet your government to upgrade the universities so that there would be no need for private universities. By the way, Covenant university has a construction company, oyedepo owns a publishing house, a power plant and provides alot of jobs .

Start a company and give the millions of youths outside jobs if you think you can do better

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Jonah's sign and Joel's antidote in the aftermath of the American Eclipse / How I Feel When People Say I Use Church Money To Fly Private Jets –oyedepo /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.