Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,753 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:20 PM

Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League (24480 Views)

Bet9ja Officially Partners With The Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL) / Plateau United Received For N50,000,000 For Winning The NPFL (Photo) / Plateau United Fans Give Thanks In Church With The Nigerian League Trophy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by shammah1(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
Yes o
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by solid3(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
It wasn't Plateau United's first time of winning the trophy.
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by woodmood: 12:31pm On Sep 10, 2017
solid3:
It wasn't Plateau United's first time of winning the trophy.

It is their first time of winning the league and not the first time of winning the FA cup.
They are separate competitions,
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by Samusu(m): 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by chiiraq802(m): 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2017
Congratulations to dem though.....
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by lordsharks(m): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2017
permsec:
El kanemi... Thunder fire una ooo
Even if MFM had won d match, they won't still lift the cup cos Plateau also won
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by malton: 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2017
illuminated93:
Jos, a city I will visit someday. I've met some well mannered humans from that city.

Word. The people are well behaved and eager to please. I'm sure you will like it.

1 Like

Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by naptu2: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
naptu2:
Worth watching again. Sikiru Olatunbosun's wonder strike for MFM against Enugu Rangers at the Agege Stadium in Lagos. It was CNN's goal of the week.

I watched an interview that DBN had with him yesterday and he talked about how happy he is that continental football is returning to Lagos for the first time in more than 13 years. He has always dreamt of playing against teams like Zamalek and Al Ahly. I assume that they will play their continental matches at the Teslim Balogun Stadium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZZ92_lMw3M

1 Like

Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by naptu2: 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
All Stephen Odey's goals in the 2016/2017 NPFL season (before he moved to FC Zurich).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBsUFsM6yts
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by mmsen: 1:17pm On Sep 10, 2017
Dablack1:
Liverpool will rule England Like this one day

neverwalkalone

This nonsense does not belong in this thread.

Congrats Plateau Utd. I wish you well in the Champions League next season.

Please reinforce your squad as much as possible.

1 Like

Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by comrChris(m): 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
When do this league normally start self, we only hear about it at the last day
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by naptu2: 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2017
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by eezeribe(m): 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2017
cr7rooney10:
Congrats thats d reward of hardworking ,sucess will nver comes to an indolent.
Supu!!!
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by joshmee4real(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
The guy lifting that Trophy in the Second pics shuld be 48 this year
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by mfm04622: 1:28pm On Sep 10, 2017
BestySam:
Looks like our secondary school inter-house sports trophy.

Another potential incompetent representative in the Caf champions league along with MFM.

But what's my business??

What were the "competent" ones looking at when the "incompetent" ones were winning the league?
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by datwall: 1:28pm On Sep 10, 2017
Nigeria nation cup league results week 5

Mid west vs West Central 6
Northern nigeria 1 vs Central nigeria 3
South west 7 vs sambisa 1 ( far East nigeria)
Lagos 5 vs Abuja 1

Nigeria nation cup league results week 6

South west 3 vs central nigeria 1
Northern nigeria 0 vs mid west 4
Abuja 1 vs sambisa 3 ( far East nigeria)
Lagos 1 vs west central 3
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by mfm04622: 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
Can someone tell me the relegated teams please. Thanks in advance
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by purplekayc(m): 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
What happened to MFM fc?
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by naptu2: 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
purplekayc:
What happened to MFM fc?

MFM needed to win in Maiduguri and hope that Rangers defeat Plateau United in Jos. The matches ended

El Kanemi 2-1 MFM (in Maiduguri)

Plateau United 2-0 Rangers International (in Jos).
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by naptu2: 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
mfm04622:

Shooting Stars Sports Club, Abubakar Bukola Saraki, Remo Stars and *probably Gombe United.

*The match in Gombe was abandoned due to crowd trouble.

Enyimba ended up third on the log.
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by ufuosman(m): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2017
Congratulations to dem
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by Reference(m): 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Jos.
Truly cosmopolitan

Wonderful place, lovely people....fond memories...and before I forget, produces exceptional footballing talent, arguably the beat in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by begwong: 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2017
BestySam:
Looks like our secondary school inter-house sports trophy.

Another potential incompetent representative in the Caf champions league along with MFM.

But what's my business??
So stewpid and dumb remarks. Must u comment? Onyioshi!
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by begwong: 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2017
Badboiz:
League just dey start for better place, for here e just dey finish.
No wonder u ate 3rd world. You hardly appreciate wat you have at home.
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by begwong: 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2017
gsparks01:
50 million for the whole team o. That's someone's weekly wage after tax. The league would get better hopefully.
U no dey Shame? No be your mates tax be that? Better leave your agbero work go join them for yonder biko!
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by limitless777(m): 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
Dablack1:

neverwalkalone

Bros U think say we still get Hope?
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by alfredo4u(m): 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
Sahaboi:
first to comment

I pity you.

Try again
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by Reference(m): 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
Badboiz:
League just dey start for better place, for here e just dey finish.

I think there is a long term plan to catch up with Europe. If they can restart before the year's end that will go a long way. The LMC has done a fantastic job of reorganising our league-scape. Once upon a time it started April and ended late November with lots of turbulence all the way but with CAF seriously thinking of aligning its calendar and the need to give our teams enough game time before the continental club games begin this is a right move and hopefully the results will show sooner than later. We do need to get back to the summit of African club and country football.

1 Like

Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by begwong: 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
mfm04622:
Remo stars, gombe united and Abubakar bukola saraki boys I guess!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by begwong: 2:11pm On Sep 10, 2017
Congratulations plateau united ✔ Wishing you success in your international outings as you represent Nigeria.
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by seguno2: 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
Dablack1:

neverwalkalone

Yes, walk with your fellow citizens not with racist, neo-colonialists who don't care about your existence.
Re: Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League by Sydney17(m): 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
The sport minister is from plateau state, and from no where plateau United is Nigeria champion! Hmmmm just curiously thinking aloud ni o! Congrats coach Kennedy boboye! I think its time u get more recognitions

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4.7 Billion People Watched Euro 2020, With Over 300m Watching The Final (Photo) / Mario Balotelli's Daughter Pia (Pictures) / Diego Costa Handed 8-Match Ban After Red Card Vs Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.