Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) (42597 Views)

Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) / Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by adoyi81: 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2017
NairalandSARS:
Not enough damage... Disappointed.
May u should create ur own catagory 10 hurricane then u can get maximum destruction cool
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Emerikoss: 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2017
rydow:

Why must it be the black Boy. Everyone was looting.

Even the poster on FB didn't state a Race or Color. Stop this assumption. It wouldn't help U
So those 2 boys in the picture are not black?
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by AFONJACOW(m): 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2017
nah them find trouble come, must they live beside oceans all this unoccupied desert in North No be land Ndi Ala
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2017
The effects of natural phenomenon...
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2017
More accidental cars for my brothers to send home and make cool money
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Jacktheripper: 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2017

Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by emperormossad(m): 10:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
Originalsly:
Why do you think the "White Media" would highlight White looters? Texas was hit....you really think were Black looters that caused the governor to broadcast his stern warning? As seen in pics.... Island ravished by Irma....predominantly Black population... do they rush in water and emergency supplies?...no...they rushed in troops to prevent looting. Hurricane Katherina...Florida.... disaster...Ninth Ward..Blacks...people trapped...death and devastation....National Guard called in to police the victims because of 'looting and gang activities'....no reloef nor rescue rushed in. Texas....White population affected.... billions immediately passed in Congress... to rescue and rebuild and compensate. Open your eyes.... or before you know it. .. you'll be brainwashed by the media.
@ topic...nice pics...gives us an insight into the devastation. But millions?...only Cuba and Jamaica have a few million people...... all those other islands affected by Irma don't have a combined population of half a million!
Guyana alone has a population close to 800,000. Get your facts right.
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Originalsly: 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2017
emperormossad:

Guyana alone has a population close to 800,000. Get your facts right.
Is Guyana an island?....and was Guyana affected by Irma? FYI..Guyana is in South America.
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Akuneshiobike(m): 3:55am On Sep 11, 2017
Thank goodness that we barely suffers this nature of disaster in this part of our world.
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:21am On Sep 11, 2017
Explorers:
British Island
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by twonizy(m): 7:07am On Sep 11, 2017
Flooded vehicles fall on Nigeria soon
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 11, 2017
marsoden:

Why are the looters always or mostly blacks?

Lol, generally it's mostly blacks living in the Caribbean.
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Ugosample(m): 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2017
Originalsly:
Why do you think the "White Media" would highlight White looters? Texas was hit....you really think were Black looters that caused the governor to broadcast his stern warning? As seen in pics.... Island ravished by Irma....predominantly Black population... do they rush in water and emergency supplies?...no...they rushed in troops to prevent looting. Hurricane Katherina...Florida.... disaster...Ninth Ward..Blacks...people trapped...death and devastation....National Guard called in to police the victims because of 'looting and gang activities'....no reloef nor rescue rushed in. Texas....White population affected.... billions immediately passed in Congress... to rescue and rebuild and compensate. Open your eyes.... or before you know it. .. you'll be brainwashed by the media.
@ topic...nice pics...gives us an insight into the devastation. But millions?...only Cuba and Jamaica have a few million people...... all those other islands affected by Irma don't have a combined population of half a million!

Abeggi

It's a simple thing

Because blacks are more economically disadvantaged; they are more likely to loot.
period

It has nothing to do with "white media"
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Ugosample(m): 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
ajl:

You are assuming that poor White people do not loot. You are damn wrong. I have lived in North America for quite awhile. A poor man is a poor man irrespective of skin colour. As there are black looters, there are Hispanic and White looters.

It seem the White man has done a good job in making Black people to never see themselves in a good light. I remember taking a bus to catch a train to my place of work. I was standing right beside the driver who is Black and likely of Carribean origin. He asked where I was heading, I told him I was heading to the local university. The next thing he said shocked me but I was not surprised. He said where do I work there, that does the university have a bakery or something like that that I work in. He was not expecting someone of his own colour to do the kind of highly technical job I hold at the institution. I would not believe that he said that because I was in a pair of jeans. He surely would not have said the same if I was White.

A lot of Black people need help to free themselves of their badly damaged psyche. Here you see some of our people born and bred on the streets of Lagos, Enugu or elsewhere trying to sound American.

At least I agree with you on one thing

Black people need to work on themselves, and strive despite being born black, which is a disadvantage (argue all you want; that's the truth; without sentiment)

With more and more blacks building themselves up, and our communities up, the stereotypes will fade away over the decades.

But hey; our people are short sighted and selfish

1 Like

Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by emperormossad(m): 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2017
Originalsly:
Is Guyana an island?....and was Guyana affected by Irma? FYI..Guyana is in South America.
Thank you sir, but I hope you know hurricanes do not come alone. The storm generated got there, yes it did. But let's not deviate. The proximity of both regions give me cause for concern (Caribbean and S/America); I may be wrong.
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Originalsly: 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2017
emperormossad:

Thank you sir, but I hope you know hurricanes do not come alone. The storm generated got there, yes it did. But let's not deviate. The proximity of both regions give me cause for concern (Caribbean and S/America); I may be wrong.
Abeg.... don't be miseducating readers. How did the storm affect Guyana or any South American country?
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2017
Originalsly:

Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by emperormossad(m): 10:03pm On Sep 12, 2017
Originalsly:
Abeg.... don't be miseducating readers. How did the storm affect Guyana or any South American country?
There was a storm there last week. I'm not educating you oo oga, my comments are not for you. Just go past them ok? Go to those interested in educating readers. That's not my aim here.
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 13, 2017
lovelygurl:

Even dolphins were saved grin

Yes and that is a major lesson to be learnt on this post. LIFE OF ALL CREATURES IS SACRED!!! And we must all stand for one another in COMPASSION.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ISIS Claims Responsibility For Kabul Airport Suicide Bomb Attacks(Pix) / Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter / See The Countries That Recognize Hamas As Terrorist Organization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.