Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,306 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London (30307 Views)

A Collection Of Disney Princesses Wearing Ankara Dresses... Art by Bbstar / 'This Is Nigeria' Art By Toni Kuyinu (Photos) / Wizkid vector Art By Brilliantng Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by Oye0404(m): 9:10am On Sep 11, 2017
more of this should be showcased to the world and not the usual bad news that makes the round... Nigeria ain't as bad as we make paint it.
Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by olamil34(m): 9:11am On Sep 11, 2017
wahoo
Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by colossus91(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2017
hmmmm!,
Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by femmy2010(m): 9:13am On Sep 11, 2017
lovely
Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by Gangster1ms: 9:16am On Sep 11, 2017
I love art

1 Like

Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by Elfaris(m): 9:20am On Sep 11, 2017
janellemonae:
As part of its lagos@50 celebrations, the lagos state government commissioned paintings under the Falomo bridge in ikoyi. This was done by the famous painter, Polly Alakija.

What most people dont know is that the boats she hung underneath the bridge were painted by students from different schools across lagos. These are:

1)Akande Dahunsi memorial school
2)New hall school lekki
3)lagos state model college badore
4)Doregos academy

The artist just announced on her instagram page that these boats have now been moved to the River Thames in london as part of a lagos to london showcase. Congrats to the talented students.

Pictures below:
OK o. They should look at it quick quick and bring it back for us here in Naija. before we start hearing that they've started doing art slavery.
Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by potbelly(m): 9:23am On Sep 11, 2017
And I thought professionals did that... shocked
Nice one... cool
Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by zolapower: 9:49am On Sep 11, 2017
feldido:
Wow... Very unique piece of art
We good
that must be okorohausa picture na.
Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by olaezebala: 10:06am On Sep 11, 2017
good job
Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by Jaqenhghar: 10:21am On Sep 11, 2017
pweshboi:
I've never doubted the immense human potentials we've got in this country. Our problem is just ourselves and the acceptance of being divided by "these politicians" across our religion and ethnic lines. Good one to the NIGERIAN STUDENTS
I think its time we stopped blaming politicians and blame ourselves. Tribalism is in each and every Nigerian. Nigerians are the most intolerant people on earth
and Nigerians as a whole have never been appreciative of human potentials or the long term benefits. We will put wealth over human capacity anyday thats why the developed countries excel. They invest in their human capacity knowing very well that humans create wealth. Over here we havent been able to connect the dots thats why educatiin , health and virtually every sector meant to improve human capacity is stagnant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by Orpe7(m): 10:34am On Sep 11, 2017
Afongas be doing nigeria proud since the 1800s

1 Like

Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by Dexema(m): 10:52am On Sep 11, 2017
By the time these guys finish with lagos, art would be a part of our everyday life without us even knowing it.

1 Like

Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by pweshboi(m): 10:53am On Sep 11, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

I think its time we stopped blaming politicians and blame ourselves. Tribalism is in each and every Nigerian. Nigerians are the most intolerant people on earth
and Nigerians as a whole have never been appreciative of human potentials or the long term benefits. We will put wealth over human capacity anyday thats why the developed countries excel. They invest in their human capacity knowing very well that humans create wealth. Over here we havent been able to connect the dots thats why educatiin , health and virtually every sector meant to improve human capacity is stagnant
Exactly my point, I believe you'll see where I stated clearly that the problem is "ourselves" and no matter how much we try to shy away from the truth our politicians are 60%liable for what the country is experiencing today. How do u expect investors to operate in a corrupt ridden system and you expect all to go well. Ask MTN and the likes how they've been striving in this country and hear how much the politicians have gone in making us lack when it comes to good services. Not to talk about other sectors. Yes we are not expected to blame politicians all the time but for change to happen then alot has to be done in both ways.
Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by wheelie(m): 11:32am On Sep 11, 2017
Yaaaay! My Alma Mater..@ 1st Picture..

janellemonae:
The students hard at work painting

@lalasticlala, Mynd44, this deserves the frontpage.
Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by ademijuwonlo(f): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2017
Nice

1 Like

Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by alexie4real(m): 2:13pm On Sep 11, 2017
Always repping akande dahunsi memorial high school....up school

1 Like

Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 11, 2017
Nice
Re: Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London by Icon79(m): 4:04pm On Sep 11, 2017
OK. If you say so.

O pari

repogirl:
Wow! Stunning!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn 3D Animation. Step by step. GET GOOD VIDEO TUTORIALS / Mermaid Washed Ashore In A Beach At Benin. Photos / Photographer Uses $32 Toy Car For Audi $50k Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.