Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,640 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Turkish Airline Abandons Teenage Passenger - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Turkish Airline Abandons Teenage Passenger (865 Views)

Dana Airline Abandons Passengers At Abuja Airport For 14hrs / Is It Ok To Fly To Dubai Via Turkish Airline? / Passengers Assault Turkish Airline Staffs Over Rescheduled Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkish Airline Abandons Teenage Passenger by omoajiri(m): 9:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
Mods please lets give this its deserving wide publicity to at least force Turkish airline to put an end to this.
Who knows who will be the victim next time.

TURKISH AIRLINES ...... this airline is a classic definition of pure extortionist capitalism. My family bought fully flexible business class tickets for an extended cross continent trip this summer. BECAUSE i knew that we had baggage and work / life could disrupt the schedules, i opted to pay for fully flexible business class seats which were sold at a hefty premium.

Then turkish airlines proceeded to demonstrate their crass disregard for empathy or honor.

first, their ground staff messed up my son's ticket & despite them realizing it was their fault, my family was held hostage until we paid $500.00 for the privilege of suffering and being placed on the next flight!

Then my daughter was returning unaccompanied (because I couldn't join her), they refused to provide any ground assistance EVEN THOUGH the travel agent confirmed BEFORE WE BOUGHT THE TICKETS that there would be no issues as any sensible airline provides unaccompanied minor services; THEN her connection from JFK was delayed and they left for lagos without her, THEN ABANDONED and REFUSED to assist a 14 year old STUCK AT THIER AIRPORT! I had to personally fly 14 hours return AND PAY THEM for new tickets to rescue her.

The worst part was meeting others with cheaper tickets who were adults and simply placed on the next flight that brought my daughter back. I guess they only mess with the weak or those who don't seem to create problems. Unfortunately, i prefer to cause them pain by making sure their incompetence has no hiding place.

I thank God that i could afford to sort it out and had friends who had friends in istanbul who took care of her overnight (thanks to Omowunmi, Binty, Ara, Gozie, Martin and Emin). I shudder to imagine what could have happened with a young girl stuck in a strange land through no fault of hers!

Anyone force to fly TURKISH AIRLINES be prepared for crass ground service, zero customer care and barely disguised efforts to fleece you. Yes, you can repost this message. I hope it gets widely circulated and TURKISH AIRLINES realizes that messing up Customers is bad for business.

#copied from a friend's Facebook post
Re: Turkish Airline Abandons Teenage Passenger by lafflaff123(m): 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
Ok
Re: Turkish Airline Abandons Teenage Passenger by soberdrunk(m): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
Bros you must be a real gentleman, i trust myself and my crase, ordinary 'local flight' i dey create awareness for 30mins delay talkless of when i buy 'business class', it will have been on CNN "Breaking news!!" Nigerian man disrupts the whole airport" angry
Re: Turkish Airline Abandons Teenage Passenger by BlackDBagba: 9:52pm On Sep 10, 2017
Copied from a friends facebook post.... Not need to rant undecided
Re: Turkish Airline Abandons Teenage Passenger by Andy2274: 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2017
So unfortunate but I will let you know that if your daughter is 14yrs old, she is not an unaccompanied minor. Unaccompanied minor are children from 12yrs and below. She was supposed to be treated as YPTA(young passenger travelling alone) and you suppose to make proper arrangement for her on arrival and plead or talk with the airline to take care of her. YPTA passengers are within the ages of 13 to 18yrs, children are 0-1 year or so while UM(Unaccompanied Minor). Please next time you have to make proper arrangement for your children especially when it is a connecting flight.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Nigeria Immigration do Exhorts People Coming To Nigeria-Aroms Aigbehi / The Real Reason Why Airlines Dim The Cabin Lights During Take-off And Landing? / The Dangerous Flaws in Boeing's Automated System.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.