Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them (65658 Views)

Nigerians Are Good In Creating Problems And Later Blame The Government. / Welcome To Your Home Of Absolute Solution To Life Problems And Body Illness. I / Excess Selfie Is Linked To Body Image Disorder, Mental Health Problems And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them by TemiAlabi: 10:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
At times DSTV normally malfunctions due to some connection, technical, signal or hardware problems. Fixing these problems at times is no a rocket science, especially the minor problems that may arise. But at times you may need a Dstv Technician if you try fixing them to no avail. Below are the common issues that may arise with your Dstv and its solution.
DSTV ISSUES (PROBLEMS) AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

SMART CARD PROBLEMS & COMMON ERROR CODES

Never ever remove the Smartcard from a DSTV Decoder that is still on. If Dstv asks you to remove your smartcard and wipe the surface make sure you switch off your Decorder before you do this. And if for any reason you have to remove the Smartcard from your Decoder make sure you turn it off as well.

Error E04 – Please insert Smartcard. Your smartcard may have been inserted incorrectly. Remove the Smartcard, wipe with a soft dry cloth and re-insert. If message re-appears, reboot. If problem persists then the decoder and/or the Smartcard might be damaged and should be tested.

Error E05 – Unknown Card. The incorrect Smartcard is inserted or the Smartcard might have been inserted incorrectly or has collected dust. Remove the Smartcard, ensure that it is free of dust and re-insert it with the chip facing downwards and the arrows facing the decoder. Reboot the decoder.

Error E06 – Smartcard Error. Remove the Smartcard, wipe with a soft dry cloth and re-insert. If message re-appears, reboot. If problem persists then the decoder and/or the Smartcard might be damaged and should be tested.

Error E07 – Checking Smartcard. The decoder is checking the Smartcard. If the message is still displayed after 30 seconds remove the Smartcard, wait for the error code and re-insert the Smartcard. If E07 reappears, reboot your decoder. If E07 reappears, the decoder/Smartcard might be damaged and should be tested.

Error E16 – Service is currently scrambled. Transmission might be temporarily suspended. Check that there are no outstanding payments on your account. The service needs to be reset from by MultiChoice. Call the Contact Centre

Error E107 – Decoder and Smartcard currently not paired. This message usually appears on new decoder. You should call the Contact Centre to confirm if the account has been created so it can be activated.

See Also – DSTV Nigeria Subscription Plans, Packages and Prices – MultiChoice

SCANNING PROBLEMS ( SIGNAL PROBLEMS)

Not Scanning. Here the decoder searches for signal on various frequencies without connecting to any of the bouquets. The problem is caused by a change in the dish (signal) position; this can be solved by a dish realignment or Cable disconnection between the decoder and the LNB or a bad LNB or In rare cases a faulty decoder can be tested and verified by connecting another dstv decoder to the same signal or the decoder to another verified signal..

Scanning for too long. In this situation The decoder takes too long to scan and after scanning may experience pixilation (picture cracks) or signal disconnection on some stations. This problem is caused by low signal strength to the decoder and can be rectified by dish realignment or in cases where a single LNB signal is shared to 2 decoders by disconnecting the other decoder.

Not Scanning the full no of Bouquets. Here the decoder connects to less than the usual no of bouquets it usually scans. This problem in most cases is usually a malfunctioning problem and can be rectified by doing a FACTORY RESET.

MALFUNCTIONING DECODER

In this scenario the decoder might be going off and coming back on intermittently, in some cases changing between SCAN and 1 on the face of the decoder.
A lot of these malfunctioning problems can be rectified by doing a FACTORY RESET on the decoder. Below is how to do a factory reset

DSTV FACTORY RESET

Press MENU Scroll to ADVANCED OPTIONS and Press OK

Next Go to DISH INSTALLATION and Press OK Enter Pin Code 9949.

Next Go to RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS and Press OK twice.

Doing FACTORY DEFAULT results in the change of every adjusted setting on the decoder like the TV settings (MODULATION & UHF CHANNEL).
Doing too frequent FACTORY RESET may result to damage of your Decoder so only reset your decoder rarely and in stubborn cases.

PICTURE CRACKS

Picture cracks usually occur due to a low signal quality. It normally occurs during rainfall or chronic thunderstorm but if it persists in clear sky conditions or light showers it is likely your dish has slightly shifted from the signal position and needs realignment. You can contact a dish installer to realign your dish into signal position.

REMOTE CONTROL

Recent DSTV remote controls are meant to also function for decoders used in the extra view facility. A common problem that occurs from irregular pressing of the remote control buttons is the red remote control light blinking on TV2 [exit] instead of TV1 Here the Remote Control Unit (RCU) will not function on the single view decoder. This problem is solved by:
Pressing SHIFT After the SHIFT Blinks
Press TV1.
The red Remote control light now blinks on TV1.

NO TV SOUND

If there is no sound on your TV connected in RF as is common in extra TVs connected from the decoder you can restore the sound by:

Press MENU Go to ADVANCED OPTIONS and Press OK

Next Go to TV INSTALLATION and Press OK Enter the Pin Code 9949 and Press OK

Then on RF MODULATION Press OK and on MODULATION use Arrow key to change to PAL G or PAL I and Press OK

Next Go to ACCEPT THESE SETTINGS and Press OK Press EXIT 3 times to clear the screen.

PARTIAL OR OVERSIZED PICTURE ON TV SCREEN

In this scenario you might experience an irregular picture size displayed on your TV Screen, you can rectify it by:
Press MENU Go to ADVANCED OPTIONS and Press

Next OK Go to TV INSTALLATION and Press OK Enter Pin Code 9949

Then Go to ASPECT RATIO and Press OK, use Arrow key to change to either (4:3) or (16:9) and Press OK

Next Go to LETTER BOX or CROPPED PARTIAL and Press OK then Go to ACCEPT THESE SETTINGS and Press OK. Finally press EXIT 3 times to clear the screen.

OR
You can instantly change the Aspect Ratio by
Press SHIFT and TV GUIDE by pressing these buttons you can toggle through the 4 Aspect Ratio Control (ARC) options and choose the most appropriate for your viewing

NOT SEEING CHANNELS

If you are not watching your regular channels on your decoder it is likely you are not on your usual bouquet. You can check to rectify this by
Press TV Select Ku Africa and press Ok.

If this option (Ku Africa) doesnt display
Press MENU Scroll to ADVANCED OPTIONS and Press OK

Next Go to DISH INSTALLATION and Press OK Enter Pin Code 9949.

Then Go to SCAN ALL NETWORKS and Press OK

You can then Press TV to select the Ku Africa bouquet.

ACTIVATION/RECONNECTION PROBLEMS

To avoid your dstv reconnection problems it is advisable to make payments before the due (expiry) date of your subscription. Althogh reconnection problems of this kind are rare.
For reconnection (activation) after payment you can either:
Call any of the Customer Care lines; 08039003788, 012703232, or 012806877.

OR
You press 0 (To speak to an Agent) at the voice options, and wait for response. But before you do this have your smart card number and payment details ready. Also make sure your decoder is on and tuned to Channel 114 (Africa Magic).
After activation, leave it on the Channel (114) for about 5 minutes before you change it.
The customer care line is open between:
8am-9pm, Monday-Friday.
9am-6pm on Saturdays (12 Noon – 6pm on environmental Saturdays)
12 Noon – 5pm on Sundays.
Note: Not open on Public holidays.
Read Also – Gotv Nigeria Subscription Plans, Packages, Channels and Prices

DSTV DECODER WONT TURN ON?

If your Dstv decoder wont turn on just know that the decoder might have got burnt by incessant power outages so make sure you connect your dstv to a stabilizer.

OR
You can also create an SMS with the format: RA [1st 10digit of smart card], example RA 4123456789. And send to 30333 or 08036393788 with your registered phone number (phone number registered with subscriber account) while your decoder is on.

DSTV MOBILE PHONE NUMBER REGISTRATION
To register your mobile phone number, send an email to: dstv@nigeria.multichoice.co.za or call the Customer Care line.
You can also check the due date of your subscription (i.e. when it expires). Create an SMS with the format: DD [1st 10 digit of smart card], example DD 4123456789. Send to 30333 or 08036393788.
Note: Calling the Customer Care line for activation is the most reliable means of activation.

If you experienced the issues in the above scenarios and you applied the solution attached to them without getting results please try no further before you cause more damage. Contact a Dstv Dish Technician.
Source.http://www.techepedia.com/dstv-issues-problems-and-how-to-fix-them/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them by Nwaohafia1: 7:39am On Apr 08, 2018
okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them by DoubleN(m): 11:08am On Jun 14, 2018
Please assist. I am currently on my 5th Explora decoder.. Yes, 5th one!

Each time, the HDMI port on the decoder just stops working. Every other thing is fine and pictures can be displayed from the RCA port.

The first time it happened, I had 2 decoders linked together and both of them got affected. Not only that it damaged the HDMI ports on the TV's as well and the LNB. I had the decoders swapped and got a SMART LNB and the same exact thing occurred however the LNB survived.

The decoders got changed again but this time, we had to change most of the RF cables in the house, Change all the HDMI cables and the TV's and got a Surge Protector for one of the TV's.

Guess what? The issue still happened again only that it affected only the decoder without the Surge Protector. The decoder got changed and we included a surge protector. However, the issue just reoccurred!

I am really confused as to what the issue can be.

Both Decoders are connected to UPS's which are connected to Central Servo Stabilizers.

Kindly assist house.

Thanks.
Re: DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them by mumayo: 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2018
DoubleN:

Each time, the HDMI port on the decoder just stops working. Every other thing is fine and pictures can be displayed from the RCA port.

The first time it happened, I had 2 decoders linked together and both of them got affected. Not only that it damaged the HDMI ports on the TV's as well and the LNB. I had the decoders swapped and got a SMART LNB and the same exact thing occurred however the LNB survived.

The decoders got changed again but this time, we had to change most of the RF cables in the house, Change all the HDMI cables and the TV's and got a Surge Protector for one of the TV's.

Guess what? The issue still happened again only that it affected only the decoder without the Surge Protector. The decoder got changed and we included a surge protector. However, the issue just reoccurred!

Both Decoders are connected to UPS's which are connected to Central Servo Stabilizers.

Kindly assist house.

Thanks.
have you been able to resolve this issue? Am having a faulty LNB as well
Re: DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them by arireirede: 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2018
Pls.help me out?I was trying to recharge a decoder on firstmonie platform nd due to network problem my money was deducted thrice,what should i do?
Re: DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them by esthernnamdi55: 10:23pm On Feb 22, 2019
I subscribe for family bouquet plan (#4,000) today but I was unable to watch aany channel. So I checked my account on dstv easy self service and was told I have to pay another #2,000 which I did. Only the access bouquet plan (#2,000) channels started showing. I then decided to do a factory reset and now only 4 channels are showing. It so bad that Dish channel is not working. Help!!!!
Re: DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them by Tocheagle(m): 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2019
Can I insert my DSTV card into the new StrongHD decoder I just got, and will it work?
Re: DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them by babyoy(f): 10:25am On Dec 08, 2019
if one does not subscribe for dstv 4 fourteen months what happens .
Re: DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them by Tehillahpaul: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2020
I need help pls...... My Dstv has good strength and good quality about 95 / 90 but picture won't display well and wont even boot normal, it takes many times of switching of from the way sucker before it will start booting well. It reboot on its own. My technicians came and did all they could yet still rebooting and when comes up, pictures cracking always.
Is my decoder bad or what?
Can it be fixed?
Pls I need help.
Thanks
Re: DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them by Oluwabengz(m): 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2020
DoubleN:

Kindly assist house.

Thanks.

The TV connected to the Explorer might be the culprit. If not, it might not be unconnected to village pple grin.... Thats a joke oo
Re: DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them by Bennycollins: 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
My account fails to show days after renewal of compact subscription. I was directed by customer care agent to remove, clean and re-insert the SC which I have done twice both no success. The message on the screen still says my SC may not have been properly inserted. Please help.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Dies After Misstepping While Alighting From A Bus [Photos] / Ijaw Man Catches Shark In A River, Poses With It As Villagers Look On. Photos / Pythons Fight In Australian Woman's Bathroom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.