Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers (13600 Views)

FG Offers Placement To Ukraine-based Nigerian Students Amid ASUU Strike / Don Davis' Medical Report Silent On Sexual Abuse At Deeper Life High School / FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by Jode(m): 8:34am On Sep 11, 2017
Silent meeting??... How come we are hearing about it undecided
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by highness25(m): 8:34am On Sep 11, 2017
JothamPerfection:

source http://punchng.com/ASUU-silent-on-meeting-to-consider-fgs-offers/
thunder fire ASUU and fg both with their children
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 11, 2017
Emily22:
Abeg 2 more weeks.....futa don frustrate my life
lols grin grin take heart bro
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by wildchild02: 8:37am On Sep 11, 2017
Arrant Nonsense

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by adajoe555: 8:50am On Sep 11, 2017
Mikee7:
Students in public universities have already started looking for job and starting business, something that could even be better than completing their degree, while I'm here having class from 9-6 pm angry

like me

1 Like

Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by shogsman(m): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2017
Bleep olla dem
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by shogsman(m): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2017
massinola:
Every Nigerian who passed through a public Nigerian university is certain to add additional one year to his /her required years of study. This has got no other explanation than the routine ASUU ritual in the name of strike.
It has become a norm for ASUU to go on strike at least twice every year. This has made it impossible for Nigerian youths to have smooth, hitch free academic session. One must pass through this frustration before graduation all because ASUU and Federal government have refused to put the future of the Nigeria youths first before their selfish interests.
The annoying part of it all is the way ASUU always use this emotional blackmail of fighting for the well being of the students in other to draw public sympathy. ASUU knows that once they go on strike, parents will start talking, media will start talking, NGOs will start talking, human right activists will starting talking, thereby making sure the government have no choice but listen to them. So, ASUU has continued to use the Nigeria youths and their academics as leverage to get whatever they wanted from the government.
The Nigeria government also from time immemorial has vowed that Nigeria youths must never have a good education by constantly neglecting the educational sector to rot to death. Why? The answer is not far fetched, they use our collective resources to send their words to the best universities abroad and allow the tax payers children to suffer the degenerated educational system in the country. They don't want any poor man to challenge them for power tomorrow. They rule us now and pave the way for their children to rule us tomorrow. Wickedness and selfishness if you asked me.
ASUU and her members are not in anyway better off from the Nigeria government. The same ASUU who always claim to fight for the interest of Nigeria students are the ones who turn around to frustrate, harass, victimize, extort, and molest the same students they claim to fight for. So many of them are so heartless and wicked that most students who graduate from universities with 2:2,3rd class, and 2:1, did not just do that because that's what their capabilities can get them, but because one lecturer vowed that if you don't dance to his tune, he must show you. They are everywhere in our institutions. ASUU knows this and continuously protect these bad elements because they are all in it. If you make mistake and report any of them, you just dugged your own grave as other lecturers will frustrate you to death. So, what are the evidences that show ASUU has any good intention for the students?
This fracas with the federal government has lingered so much that it's time for Nigerian students to take a stand and say enough is enough. ASUU will declare strike, still be collecting their salaries (not against that though) for six months plus while the students waste in idleness at home. At the end, ASUU will claim to have negotiated with the government, collect their share of the national cake and kpam, the strike is suspended. Till next year, and the cycle continues. The last time ASUU went on strike, some billions of naira were released to them. Please in all honesty, who amongst Nigerian students noticed any change infrastructure wise, instructional material wise, lecture presentation wise and so on as regards the money released to ASUU. They shared the money and now we are on another strike.
Again, ASUU has started another negotiation and have been given some offers too. They have gone to discuss with their members on the offer by the federal government. I know for sure they will accept the offer, collect the money, share it and suspend the strike. Next year, another strike will be declared and the cycle continues.
Aside the gross negligence on the part of the Federal government with regards to our education sector, ASUU members are also the major contributors to the rot in our education. They are too crude, lack information and the will power to deliver in their duties. Most of them are only good in playing demi god in their different departments. If there's anything ASUU should do for the students, it's to curb the excesses of their members, train them to know they are to guide students and not to scare them with their reckless utterances. Aside that, even if the government injects all the national budget into the education sector, we will still remain where we are.
I call on ASUU to as a matter of fact reject any offer that doesn't fulfill the so called 2009 agreement if they actually have the interest of the Nigeria students at heart. Why did I say this? I said so because, it is of no use telling us you have suspended the strike when you and I know that another strike looms in the nearest future. So ASUU should settle this madness with the government once and for all. They should stop kidnapping the Nigerian students and using us to demand ransom from the government. Settle this 2009 agreement, make sure it is fulfilled before calling off the strike. Don't accept any offer that will lead to another strike. That's my take. Nigeria students are tired of the game ASUU and federal government are playing with our future

Wetin be d summary of all this lyrics bro
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by Stanyvic(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2017
Emily22:
Abeg 2 more weeks.....futa don frustrate my life
Hehe! Frustration at its peak.
Great Futarian, we got no choice than to endure

1 Like

Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by TourismMan(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2017
stinggy:
ASUU will always hide under conditions such as "improved learning for students, grants for indigent students, poor hostel facilities for students, poor funding for academic researches" to press home their largely selfish financial interests.
Grant these their requests and you'll see that the same students they said they fought for will soon protest the bad conditions of their hostels yet the schools won't do anything than drive them out and declare mid-semester break. Before resuming back, students will be made to sign undertaking and levied huge amount as damages even if nothing gets spoilt in their protests undecided

Are you a malabite? You spoke like a true Unical student.
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by jessibabe02: 10:02am On Sep 11, 2017
ASUU agrees with FG to suspend strike FG to release N220 billion before end of October

imminent end to the ongoing strike embarked by the Academic Staff Union
of Universities, ASUU, emerged early today, as the union has accepted
some proposals put forward by the Federal Government in line with some
of its demands.
clcik link for more udate and full stories on ASUU [url][/url]http://showcase9ja.com/2017/09/11/ASUU-agrees-with-fg-to-suspend-strike-fg-to-release-n220-billion-before-end-of-october/

Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by sxyno10(m): 10:20am On Sep 11, 2017
Na wa o... ASUU dey cursed o
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by sxyno10(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2017
Kindly check this out friends... It's so amazing
http://vjvoredrdyra.loan/7269156520523/
make money with your MB. just give it a trial.
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by joburiel(m): 10:32am On Sep 11, 2017
massinola:
Did you read what I wrote?
sad
massinola:
Did you read what I wrote?
Nope
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by CHARLYX9: 11:19am On Sep 11, 2017
Jode:
Silent meeting??... How come we are hearing about it undecided
if your intention was to make a humour out of this statement am sorry to say that you missed it.The topic says "ASUU silent on the meeting with fg" which means that they are still not in agreement with fg's opinion and not what you thought it to be e.g "ASUU had a silent meeting with fg".my 2cents
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by asawanathegreat(m): 11:23am On Sep 11, 2017
Abegi u people should do and call off d strike let our children resume school for d interest of Nigerians. Thank u ASUU chairman.
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 11, 2017
For your Educational news update and Follow up about ASUU news
check: https://mystudybase.com/
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by samwise180(m): 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2017
ASUU should call off this strike and let the final year students graduate
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by CioAngels(f): 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2017
Government is the problem we have in all sectors, their children are all in schools abroad with money stolen from our common wealth, so they don't care if you are in school or not. Another reason they careless is that, they want to cripple public schools becos many of them owns private universities. I believe we should face the government by telling them to stop stealing what we all own. Now, the youth, the day you stop fighting and dying for politicians that is the day the government will stop the ills against the students and the youths becos the fear of what are they thinking next will unsettle them. You campaign and fight for two-pence-a-penny and once they get into office you are left to rot. The youths should sincerely stop being used by politicians with there blood money, this why they don't take your issues seriously. ASSU, please consider the students and go back to the classroom.
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by CioAngels(f): 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
Government is the problem we have in all sectors, their children are all in schools abroad with money stolen from our common wealth, so they don't care if you are in school or not. Another reason they careless is that, they want to cripple public schools becos many of them owns private universities. I believe we should face the government by telling them to stop stealing what we all own. Now, the youth, the day you stop fighting and dying for politicians that is the day the government will stop the ills against the students and the youths becos the fear of what are they thinking next will unsettle them. You campaign and fight for two-pence-a-penny and once they get into office you are left to rot. The youths should sincerely stop being used by politicians with there blood money, this is why they don't take your issues seriously. ASUU, please consider the students and go back to the classroom.
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by nwaokikeabiama: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2017
mosefin19:

type of scam:; impossible to withdraw money

It is very easy to withdraw money. what was the amount you earned and I will guide you on how to withdraw it
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 12, 2017
Mikee7:
Students in public universities have already started looking for job and starting business, something that could even be better than completing their degree, while I'm here having class from 9-6 pm angry
What is the name of your secondary school again??
Re: ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers by Mikee7(m): 7:54am On Sep 12, 2017
reminiscing:

What is the name of your secondary school again??
Babcock oh, they want to kill us with lectures

(1) (2) (Reply)

John Rudeh, Nasarawa Student Declared Missing After Fatal Palliative Stampede / Cultism In Nigerian Schools: Causes, Consequences, And Prevention / University Of Abuja Honours Pastor Kumuyi With Honourary Doctorate Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.