Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse (22379 Views)

Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" / How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by stevecantrell: 8:21am On Sep 11, 2017
Ive always loved his sense of humor..
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 11, 2017
Throwback:

I'm a fellow toilet seat spectator of morning news.

#flushingmytoilet.
hahaha, do not forget to wash your hands�
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by AngelicBeing: 8:32am On Sep 11, 2017
cool
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by zoedew: 8:33am On Sep 11, 2017
Not unexpectedly though! We are still unresponsive to the potentials of Tourism as an economic endeavor capable of sustaining a viable economy!
The typical fellow with the greenback has an annual budget for vacation and shops around for where to spend it.
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by OboOlora(f): 8:34am On Sep 11, 2017
Awwwww, nice interview by my mentor and godfather. He was the Patron of our KB club in LUTH, his sense of humor is 100%. Miss u papi, ur lil baby is making u proud here in John Hopkins smiley

2 Likes

Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by Intrepid01(m): 8:43am On Sep 11, 2017
OboOlora:
Awwwww, nice interview by my mentor and godfather. He was the Patron of our KB club in LUTH, his sense of humor is 100%. Miss u papi, ur lil baby is making u proud here in John Hopkins smiley

You're in John Hopkins?...Ooh dear God pick up my call....I'm happy for you....How is it going by the way?
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by Ozone1304: 9:03am On Sep 11, 2017
beaversticks:
excursion way back 2003
Meltidon nursery and primary school ?
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by zoedew: 9:07am On Sep 11, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
08:05

Reading this on a toilet seat

I'm not working today, I'm off

some barnies up the pecking order

but hey, I can't get too twichy now...there's the sudden rainfall to worry about.

Do be careful though! I once lost a Nokia N9 to my WC induced by the blissful grunts that accompany the big job!!
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 11, 2017
zoedew:

Do be careful though! I once lost a Nokia N9 to my WC induced by the blissful grunts that accompany the big job!!
I'm always a step ahead...I always think about my it, so I'm careful enough

1 Like

Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by Adekdammy: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2017
What a lovely place to behold nature, remembering those days at Cdssikeja in the 90's, always going there for excursion.
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by lumeneng22: 9:39am On Sep 11, 2017
Kidnappers no dey for there?
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by mexioni(m): 10:02am On Sep 11, 2017
Then, my wife used to be Human Resources Manager of Gulf Oil and Chevron. Whenever expatriates were going home, on retirement, leave or secondment, she would have to organise presents for them; Benin bronzes and things like that. That helped us to acquire a lot of artworks and appreciate them too.”

That was men knew the kinds of women to marry, today na slay Queens them dey pursue upandan
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by allcomage: 10:13am On Sep 11, 2017
kudos to you prof.I have been there several times. it's now I confirmed it because the place has the aura of east Africna settings. I took my girl friend from jos to the resort .she was so happy that her p**y was at my beck and call till she left.10yrs after she still asks about whispering palms.
if not for traffic gridlock, it will be my weekend
getaway.
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by olashas(f): 11:12am On Sep 11, 2017
I have been there. Nice place.
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by joinnow: 11:14am On Sep 11, 2017
I told them that Africa is beautiful; it’s just that we have bush men, bush politicians running Africa; that’s why everything is upside down.” grin
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 11, 2017
so the op couldnt think of including pics with this news? shior
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by laudate: 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2017
millhouse:
The founder of the popular resort, Whispering Palms, Professor Olufemi Pearse, speaks about its beginning, and the country’s arts and hospitality industry in this interview.

IT’S a cool Sunday afternoon and the founder of Whispering Palms, a scenic resort in Badagry, Lagos State, Professor Olufemi Pearse, is in good spirits.

The 85-year-old retired Professor of Medicine has just had a drink with the American Ambassador, who, on returning from a visit to the Akran of Badagry, had espied the resort’s jetty and stopped by to see what was happening.

“Se e ri oko ti man yen gbe wa,” meaning did you see the boat the Ambassador brought? He asks the artist Nathaniel Hodonu and I in Yoruba but we tell him no.

“O solid (It’s solid). I told him I would be willing to buy it whenever they want to dispose it and he was a bit surprised. He has taken my contacts though,” he continues as he leads us to the newly added games section of the resort to start our chat.

Dressed in a faded beach shirt, brown trouser, boots and fez cap, Professor Pearse’s nondescript appearance would make you take him for an old hired help instead of the visioner of the resort conceived 36 years ago but which opened its doors to guests a decade later.

Witty and quick to poke fun at himself, he’s delighted that the objectives of the resort have been realised, especially since people didn’t think he would succeed.

“Our vision has been well realised. We are happy that we are making Nigerians happy. This is a beautiful country, but we don’t seem to know it. We are showing Nigerians that it’s a beautiful country. When we came here in 1981, people said the man must be crazy. He’s a professor; he has read too many books, he doesn’t know how to spend money. He’s wasting money in this bush but now they say something different. It’s a matter of mission fulfilled for us.” ......
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/people-called-crazy-i-started-whispering-palms-prof-pearse/

Here is what it looks like: wink

[img]https://topetempler.files./2013/03/t1.jpg[/img]

Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by laudate: 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2017
prettyboi1989:
so the op couldnt think of including pics with this news? shior

Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by laudate: 1:24pm On Sep 11, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
And no single picture ?

Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by laudate: 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2017
rozayx5:
Pix please

Poor report

Here is a video about Whispering Palms. Hope it helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxf5fEIVWXw

1 Like

Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by delpee(f): 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2017
So beautiful! Kudos to Prof.
Re: People Called Me Crazy When I Started Whispering Palms —prof Pearse by ChiefAzubuike(f): 8:08am On Aug 01, 2018
OboOlora:
Who dash afonja ewedu leaf.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Millionaire At 29, That’s Five Years Late! / Naira Drops To 251/dollar, External Reserves Now $29.7bn / Tony Elumelu Meets With Bill Gates In France. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.