Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

See How MTN Now Deduct People's Airtime Without Sending Any Message - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See How MTN Now Deduct People's Airtime Without Sending Any Message (2351 Views)

Sit In Your Room, SELL In GHANA/KENYA Without Sending Or Buying A Single Product / How Mtn Are Scamming Us With Their Double Data / How MTN Call Assist Works? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How MTN Now Deduct People's Airtime Without Sending Any Message by mrNEMZY(m): 9:21am On Sep 11, 2017
I noticed recently that when ever I recharged, I get deducted. The most annoying is that I just bought #2k airtime to subscribe,and #34 was deducted from it.

I got fed up and called MTN, and the customer care representative told me that #2 is deducted from my account each time I dial a code for mobile banking.

The issue is that since today I have been trying to recharge directly from my bank account, and each time I got this error message "connection problem or invalid MMI code" (note : this error message is due to MTN network,and if you dialed the code on another SIM, it will go) . I tried recharging from my fidelity account, no way,I switched to my UBA account still the same error message.

I eventually had to go out and buy the recharge card and MTN saw it fit to deduct my airtime for something that didn't even work, saying that I dialed the mobile banking code 17 times,and that it is one of MTN's hidden charges. This makes me think that MTN intensionally give the error message, so you will have to retry and then they will deduct from you each time.

Please have anyone else noticed this or is it just my sim?, also for those using other Networks, are you deducted anytime you dial *904# or another banking code?

Also please if you know have any info on how I can switch my mobile banking to my airtel line tell me, because it's telling me that my account have already been registered in another SIM.
Re: See How MTN Now Deduct People's Airtime Without Sending Any Message by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 11, 2017
These guy have their ways of deducting our money for no reasons. Something must be done AGAIN!
Re: See How MTN Now Deduct People's Airtime Without Sending Any Message by fran6co(m): 9:41am On Sep 11, 2017
same experience esp that uba mobile banking with mtn sim. it hardly connects.
Re: See How MTN Now Deduct People's Airtime Without Sending Any Message by JideSM: 8:51am On Sep 12, 2017
mrNEMZY:
I noticed recently that when ever I recharged, I get deducted. The most annoying is that I just bought #2k airtime to subscribe,and #34 was deducted from it.

I got fed up and called MTN, and the customer care representative told me that #2 is deducted from my account each time I dial a code for mobile banking.

The issue is that since today I have been trying to recharge directly from my bank account, and each time I got this error message "connection problem or invalid MMI code" (note : this error message is due to MTN network,and if you dialed the code on another SIM, it will go) . I tried recharging from my fidelity account, no way,I switched to my UBA account still the same error message.

I eventually had to go out and buy the recharge card and MTN saw it fit to deduct my airtime for something that didn't even work, saying that I dialed the mobile banking code 17 times,and that it is one of MTN's hidden charges. This makes me think that MTN intensionally give the error message, so you will have to retry and then they will deduct from you each time.

Please have anyone else noticed this or is it just my sim?, also for those using other Networks, are you deducted anytime you dial *904# or another banking code?

Also please if you know have any info on how I can switch my mobile banking to my airtel line tell me, because it's telling me that my account have already been registered in another SIM.

Hi mrNEMZY, so sorry that this happened. I will like to use this medium to inform you that I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are discussed and resolved. Please send your mobile number via E-mail message to enable me look into this. Regards

(1) (Reply)

Distributors Needed Across South-western States / 66 SIDE HUSTLE IDEAS For Making Money Off The Internet / Longrich Business Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.