Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? (8799 Views)

How To Check Your MTN, Glo, Airtel & 9mobile Phone Number On Your Mobile Phone / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by massmediang: 11:21pm On Sep 11, 2017

I bet you did not know that that was a mental illness caused by the anxiety you often express when you discover that you have left your house without your phone or you forgot it somewhere. Sometime you feel like a part of your major body organ has been caught off. Other times you feel like an incomplete human being.

Well, you are actually killing yourself with a mental ailment called nomophobia. British research came up with this concept and have done studies to explain its causes, symptoms and cure. Nomophobia is the fear of being without your phone or losing your signal. A person who suffers from nomophobia is referred to as a nomophobe. Are you a nomophobe? Do you know what it does to your health? Please read this!
For more, see:
http://massmediang.com/do-you-know-that-the-fear-of-being-without-your-mobile-phone-is-a-mental-illness-called-nomophobia-see-causes-symptoms-and-effects-and-how-to-treat-this-ailment/
Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by ridwan4u(m): 11:53pm On Sep 11, 2017
Tell me something, this oyinbo ppl self .

7 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by emmybliz(m): 7:22am On Sep 12, 2017
Op, so what you are saying is, we are all mentally ill?

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by holysainbj(m): 7:23am On Sep 12, 2017
OP so if i dey fear make dem no steal my phone na illness? OP come and kneel down oya say after me
"Any of my village people using my brain to think, die by fire �,die by fire" keep saying it

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by nalizzzy: 7:23am On Sep 12, 2017
na so
Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by stepo707: 7:23am On Sep 12, 2017
Story
Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by Hotzone(m): 7:23am On Sep 12, 2017
U just did d worst by telling me not to hug and pamper my precious iPhone!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by doctuw(m): 7:24am On Sep 12, 2017
Really?
Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 12, 2017
So communicatng is now a mental illness....
Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by 2shure: 7:25am On Sep 12, 2017
Wen sars stops u and asks 4 your mobile phone
Anr dia usual af u heard of internet scam...
Na dia u go believe say men
Nokia torchlight pay u.
Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by youngreva(m): 7:26am On Sep 12, 2017
hahahahahaha so every thing now is mental problem,idonbilivit
Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by SweetJoystick(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2017
Rubbish, mental illness kor mental diseases ni angry
Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by olayinkajnr(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2017
Una do come again. Na Una sabi

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by internationalman(m): 7:28am On Sep 12, 2017
That moment when you re traveling from Benin to Lagos and u re already at Ore b4 u realise u left ur phone at home...

4 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by jhydebaba(m): 7:28am On Sep 12, 2017
Really shocked
Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by tens4real(m): 7:28am On Sep 12, 2017
so wats the cure? NONSENCE!!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by jhydebaba(m): 7:29am On Sep 12, 2017
So i can not cry over my phone in peace again

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by NCP: 7:30am On Sep 12, 2017
Ok

In a related study, it was discovered that a NLer that doesn't log on to NL may suffer psychological trauma of missing out all the fun for that period.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by seunny4lif(m): 7:30am On Sep 12, 2017
i have been without Internet mobile for over 3 months before.
Nokia touch was my brother during that time

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 12, 2017
ok what happens in the case of ( u are expecting a contract call worth alotta money and you forget ur phone) while you already far away already and u start displaying in the bus, its a mental disease abi?? it's just normal because some people can't survive without their phone as it's their office. its not always about social media addiction.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by benosky(m): 7:31am On Sep 12, 2017
Tell me
Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by Celestyn8213: 7:33am On Sep 12, 2017
When my wife is around I don't care about my handset cos she's my phone. But when she's not around , that is when I feel uncomfortable without my phone not fear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by digoster(m): 7:34am On Sep 12, 2017
So you mean I have a mental illness undecided
Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by Shortyy(f): 7:42am On Sep 12, 2017
Then we are all mad.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by Nomfanelo99(f): 7:42am On Sep 12, 2017
give me a good book and I'll even forget l own a phone.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by femo122: 7:43am On Sep 12, 2017
grin
Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by tyson98: 7:43am On Sep 12, 2017
NCP:
Ok

In a related study, it was discovered that a NLer that doesn't log on to NL may suffer psychological trauma of missing out all the fun for that period.
Omo I can't do without nairaland in a day oo

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by leobrownish(m): 7:44am On Sep 12, 2017
the moment you start having the thought that you can info without your phone, it means you have mental disorder too, cause in the epoch we are right now, phone is part of our everyday activity, infact in our blood. cause without a phone you become useless to the world. infact without a phone how do you know their something called nomophobia, sey you go d skool go confirm ni ...... abeggi, cut the crap. phone is everyone's best pal.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by fait10(m): 7:45am On Sep 12, 2017
Op u wan spoil nairalamd market shey

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by symbianDON(m): 7:46am On Sep 12, 2017
no-mo(re)-phobia....that one good na grin the fear of not viewing nairaland is called nonairaphobia...I swear that one bad gannnn

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? by lovethchioma(f): 7:48am On Sep 12, 2017
Are you saying that I'm mentally ill ?

massmediang in not more than 2pages prove to me why you think I'm mentally ill backing your points with examples. You must be able to convince me otherwise I'll show you your way out of Nairaland.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Enjoy PES Mobile Online? / NOKIA Come Back With NOKIA C1 See Specs And Pic / In Need Of Help With Itel 1503

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.