Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes (20358 Views)

Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window / Naira Falls To All-time Low Of 527 Naira To A Dollar / Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by 2shure: 9:12am On Sep 12, 2017
I rem some months back
Dollars was 480
I feel poor now.
Men na to shaply go unlock my iphone 32k to 40k 8k difference..men nawa o.
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by cymontempler: 9:16am On Sep 12, 2017
Been waiting for this kind of news.

Long time coming... Hoping it will be $1/1000 by December.

Afterall, Nigerians have good coping mechanism with inflation and dollar scarcity.

It's Doubling Time...
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 12, 2017
Good news
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by jaxxy(m): 9:20am On Sep 12, 2017
Why Because they want to fund their fraudulent campaigns

It better not and shudnt even happen unless we, cbn allows it by allowing unwarranted increasing demand for dollars. I think its wrong to use dollars for electioneering at all moreso at the expense of the economy
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by Officialzoe: 9:25am On Sep 12, 2017
make e reach abeg. we wey get dollar, make e increase
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by Babachukwu: 9:48am On Sep 12, 2017
priceaction:
All these jungle mushroom newspapers self. Newspapers of doom. It won't happen. We have heard enough of these hardship. That's why fg has to trade with caution in dealing with the Igbos and her alley ( nd militants) because that's the only thing that can really crash naira for now .
I know some day your sense will be restored
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by Joshmedia1: 10:02am On Sep 12, 2017
R
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by IdeyFindWife: 10:29am On Sep 12, 2017
KEVIND:
Its expected because what CBN have been doing thus far is window dressing to keep the Naira stable.

Meanwhile, leadership should be by example but what we have now is 'do what I say but don't do what I do' by APC led govt.

Example:

WHERE ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE BUHARI THAT PRESENTED HIMSELF TO HIS GULLIBLE SUPPORTERS AS A "POOR" MAN WITH NEVER GROWING 150 COWS?
Let me help you with factual information:
1. Fatima Buhari (daughter) is in Stratford, Uk.
2. Nana-Hadiza (daughter) lives in Buckingham.
3. Safinatu Muhammadu (daughter) is in Arden University, UK.
4. Halima Buhari (daughter that is not so intelligent) just finished law school in Lagos and has gone back to Leicester, UK.
5. Yusuf Buhari (son) is in the university of Surrey, UK.
6. Zahra Buhari (daughter) married but still visiting from her surrey duplex in the UK.
7. Aisha Buhari and Amina Buhari (daughters), both just got admissions into Surrey University and British school of Lome.
While APC could still have something to say against Governor Fayose whose children school in Nigeria.
#APCHypocrisy

zombies nor dey hear word till they fall off-cliff.

2019 election approaches, you will soon see APC gloves off on electioneering irregularities and zombies excusing the same things they condemned in previous administrations while the almajiri goat-herder army votes cows-chickens-and-all to stampede Buhari into power to panel-beat Nigeria into oblivion!
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:51am On Sep 12, 2017
do u say N400. . .days an overstatement. .it will reach N450 by Sept 30, 2018 . . mark my words
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by uruego(f): 10:56am On Sep 12, 2017
Mr. bADLUCK IS BACK....................... BUBU IS UNANIMOUS WITH BACKDLUCK undecided
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by stilldoingokay(f): 11:14am On Sep 12, 2017
Capsule101:
I don't support dis motion it would not come to pass...we won't spend too much on d election we re not in Jonathan's regime dis is BUHARI

you're not alone
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by LordAdam16: 11:39am On Sep 12, 2017
abescom:
I won't mind honest. It may sound selfish as I earn in dollars but would ordinarily have wanted it to crash but of what significant effect does a crash have on prices of commodities?

The stupiid marketers have till date refused to reduce the prices of commodities that jacked up when the naira was circa 500 to a dollar. My $1000 that was worth 500k has reduced to just 365k but I still buy stuffs at the price I was buying when it was 500k.

When you were typing to your heart's content that you wanted it to crash earlier this year, you didn't remember you were a freelancer abi?

Just look at yourself.

Everybody looks after his/her own interests. So don't call the marketers "stup*d." In fact, another hike in prices is in the horizon thanks to the imminent minimum wage increase. That your 365k would be worth a whole lot less, when wage increases and marketers hike their prices accordingly.

A free float would have kept the rate at circa N400 which is good news for everyone. Now we're all looking at a possible dive to 300-330, which is bad for everyone except the government since it makes them look good and importers who are making a killing already, because most political stalwarts already have their stockpile of dollars that they bought when CBN was selling billions of dollars at dirt cheap rate.

As a freelancer, brace yourself, sh*t may hit the fan.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by LordAdam16: 11:52am On Sep 12, 2017
dvee2:
I beg to disagree, Buhari will not open the CBN vault as Jonathan did. The little dollars would come from Atiku, but that won't cause a Major value change up to 400 naira. Beside the CBN governor is under instruction to pump dollars as at when required

Buhari doesn't spend sh*t. He didn't spend in 2015, he wouldn't spend in 2019. It's his henchmen that would do the spending in 2019, like they did in 2015.

Look at Edo. Look at Ondo. Pay attention to what will happen in Anambra. Common single senatorial rerun in Rivers, the party gave Amaechi N5b (aside money spent by other stakeholders individually), and you think 2019 would be different.

Between February and August, the CBN sold above $10b at dirt cheap rate, that's almost N4t. Do you think all of that was for legitimate reasons?

The naivety that many of you show is shocking.

There'd be lot of dollars to splash in 2019. The economy is recovering and there might be a wage increase in 2018, all of these mean more money to spend. How it would affect the exchange rate is anyone's guess.

-Lord
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by LordofNaija: 11:57am On Sep 12, 2017
Newbiee:
All these shenanigans about dollars and other sabotaging activities would stop after Baba wins 2019. The second tenure of Baba would be more fruitful.
You must be a dimwit
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by djkotech(m): 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
50,000 Kringle Coin Giveaway Expires on 9/30/2017

This can be very rewarding and profitable.

Kringle coins are the smallest change of The Billion Coin.

Whatever works for you, you can earn more Kringle coins, Bitcoins, have money sent to your PayPal, or even receive your commissions in cash. Isn’t that just wonderful?

https://9ja652./free-offer-50000-kringle-coin-giveaway-bitcoin/
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
DanielsParker:
which kondkind space booking be this nah
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by abescom: 1:18pm On Sep 12, 2017
LordAdam16:

When you were typing to your heart's content that you wanted it to crash earlier this year, you didn't remember you were a freelancer abi?

Just look at yourself.

Everybody looks after his/her own interests. So don't call the marketers "stup*d." In fact, another hike in prices is in the horizon thanks to the imminent minimum wage increase. That your 365k would be worth a whole lot less, when wage increases and marketers hike their prices accordingly.

A free float would have kept the rate at circa N400 which is good news for everyone. Now we're all looking at a possible dive to 300-330, which is bad for everyone except the government since it makes them look good and importers who are making a killing already, because most political stalwarts already have their stockpile of dollars that they bought when CBN was selling billions of dollars at dirt cheap rate.

As a freelancer, brace yourself, sh*t may hit the fan.

-Lord
Stop being judgmental. You don't even know me. I have always wanted the naira to crash and how do you know I am a freelancer, I don't get employed, I employ people. Not being arrogant but stating the fact.

Don't judge people from afar please.
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by bigpicture001: 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2017
the research is too practical..without consideration of the behaviour of humans...the forecast is unrealistic and cannot be relied upon
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by Yosuregames: 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2017
will give you guys for free 2 ways to earn as much as 5000naira daily right here in nigeria without must stress. Tested and trusted. All you need is your investment capital. I am not charging you for the information. If you are interested, contact me on whatsapp 0-7-0-8-1-8-9-0-6-2-3 or by mail Shayne.dolyp@yahoo.com the information is free
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by tayadof9ja(m): 1:55pm On Sep 12, 2017
Make e reach 500 sef...Make euro enter 600. grin
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2017
what has this got to do with the price of commodities? whether the $:N is 1:500 or higher it really doesn't mean one can buy more. the prices of commodities still stays the same or increases.

The only way this can come as an advantage is if one in the U.S gives a fixed allowance (Naira) to a family member in Nigeria or has transactions he deals with in Naira. That will mean less $ and more Naira. grin grin grin

#okbye
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by LordAdam16: 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
abescom:
Stop being judgmental. You don't even know me. I have always wanted the naira to crash and how do you know I am a freelancer, I don't get employed, I employ people. Not being arrogant but stating the fact.

Don't judge people from afar please.

AFAIK, most freelancers are sole proprietors. They employ themselves and work with not for clients not employers.

So your employee/employer argument is hogwash. You earn a substantial amount of money in dollars. When the rate crashes you lose money, when it rises you make money without lifting a finger.

Therefore, saying that you earn in dollars and you want the rate to crash (because I recall some of your posts from earlier in the year) is like an employee saying he is paid too much and wants his/her employer to reduce his/her salary.

You can't cry foul about a critical retort when you called marketers "stup*d" because your business acumen is lacking. Even kids know prices of things in Nigeria go up and rarely ever come down. That's why inflation is never zero or negative in Nigeria (or anywhere for that matter). It's always positive, because prices will almost always increase as people naturally want to increase their revenue.

Businesses will always charge the maximum amount of money they can for a product. They'd keep pushing the bar. How you employ people and this is lost on you is surprising.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by dheespectre: 6:52pm On Feb 25, 2018
KingMicky3286:

What do i need to use this inverter?
battery
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by emmy4lov(m): 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2018
Buhari is taking Nigeria to the next level
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by lebron7(m): 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2021
priceaction:
All these jungle mushroom newspapers self. Newspapers of doom. It won't happen. We have heard enough of these hardship. That's why fg has to trade with caution in dealing with the Igbos and her alley ( nd militants) because that's the only thing that can really crash naira for now .
How far

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business / Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! / Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.