Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? (4087 Views)

A Man Discovered That His Father Is Not His Real Dad 36 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by Munchen1(m): 9:49am On Sep 12, 2017
If you are being called or adresses as sir whether when receiving greetings or when being addressed, does that means you look older than ur age. I am only 36.
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by Florblu(f): 10:01am On Sep 12, 2017
What do you expect them to use for you?
Moreover the use of "Sir" have nothing to do with age,it's more of an Honour

9 Likes

Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by ITbomb(m): 10:04am On Sep 12, 2017
At 30 you should be used to being called Sir and you should also make it a habit to call other colleagues Sir as well.

Sir is a formal salutation not necessarily a mark of respect. I call anyone around me Sir except those who will take offense (eg I once called a keke man Sir and he was greatly offended - looking at me with my corporate look, he felt I was mocking him, I quickly said bros sorry o and we laugh over it).

In some countries, a man would prefer you call him Mr. David than Sir

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by Munchen1(m): 10:07am On Sep 12, 2017
Florblu:

When it becomes too much it becomes also suspicious. Even those I assume my age mates call me sir.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by woodboi(m): 10:17am On Sep 12, 2017
Mine begin to get to me lately and I can't understand why everyone around me use the sir lately, both old men far around 50s. My girl got attach to me because she felt I'm in my early 20s. But somehow I think its because the way I carry myself and the little things they know about me, I hardly relate to unnecessary things, go about my business without seeking unnessary help, you can't see me outside if I don't have stuff to do out there and its very difficult to even get close, after the normal greetings, I leave it there. When I feel like having fun, I go to my old friends . its sucks to a point I have to tell them please don't address me as sir.
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 12, 2017
Oh wow

if I see you on the road I will call you uncle. lol

you are not young na, you are actually really old and need to be respected by youngsters

embrace your 'sir' and love it

2 Likes

Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by Prognose: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2017
Munchen1:

When it becomes too much it becomes also suspicious. Even those I assume my age mates call me sir.

Means you're getting on in years bro.

Also it could be because of your influential position in society.
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by PreshyG(f): 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2017
Bros, 36 is not 16 or 26, you want them to call you guy?

6 Likes

Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by Fkforyou(m): 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2017
Don't let them call you sir, next time anyone does, slap them.. angry

Sir, in Hausa means Cow... tongue
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by Littlefinger: 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2017
I am 21 and get called sir a lot, so at 36 yours isn't an issue.
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by thorpido(m): 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2017
What do you want them to call you when you already have pot belly? tongue

2 Likes

Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by Cuddlebugie(f): 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2017
'Sir' doesn't connote old age. It's basic courtesy, an element of formality and distance. Someone you have no close relationship with can't call you by your first name, can they?
I'm in my late twenties, the youngest in my place of work and yet, I'm addressed as ma'am by people old enough to father me. I'm cool with it as it doesn't make me feel ancient.....

That said, you are four years shy of forty, SIR. Get used to feeling old.

9 Likes

Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 13, 2017
Cheer up, as they call you sir, you too call them Sir or Ma grin
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by chyket(m): 9:10am On Sep 13, 2017
Have you looked at it from the perspective that you behave so honorably that everyone around you cannot help but greet you with honour!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by Tenifayo23: 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2017
It's just a sign of respect nd nothing spectacular here. Those older nd younger than me, I do address them as "sir" so far don't have close relationship

1 Like

Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by cctvwizard(m): 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2017
OP, do you have pot belly?
Because that is the only thing everyone will call you sir, I am in your shoe right now,

And i know it is brcause of my belly

2 Likes

Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:31pm On Sep 13, 2017
I believe it's a function of carriage.

I got used to being addressed as sir in my mid twenties.

Being old(er) also isn't such a bad thing, you know...
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by baby124: 12:53am On Sep 14, 2017
Lol. OP is feeling old and disturbed by it. I suspect OP is not married.lol.

5 Likes

Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by Opistorincos(m): 6:19pm On Sep 14, 2017
@op,i am 22 and a lot of people already added 'sir' to my name
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by Ezionye(f): 7:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
You call 36 only?
With the 50 years life expectancy for men, you should be called elder

1 Like

Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by xplicity1(m): 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2017
BuddhaPalm:
I believe it's a function of carriage.

I got used to being addressed as sir in my mid twenties.

Being old(er) also isn't such a bad thing, you know...
Sir cheesy
Would you mind posting a list of books you have read and found interesting.
I have found some texts you have recommended here quite a good read.
Let me have a little adventure into your world.
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by mastermaestro(m): 10:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
Ezionye:
You call 36 only?
With the 50 years life expectancy for men, you should be called elder

Bad mouth oo cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by mrwonlasewonie: 12:30am On Sep 16, 2017
Are you feeling offended by anyone referring to you as sir?

Would you prefer they call you " o boy or heysss"
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by AussiePlayboy(f): 5:52am On Sep 16, 2017
Florblu:
This lady had answered your question. OP, please give yourself a knock for asking a foolish question with an irrelevant meaning.
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by AussiePlayboy(f): 5:58am On Sep 16, 2017
Sir is just for respect and to honor tradition of acknowledging authority. Nothing else. Its irrelevant. Here in Aussie, no one gives a fck. We call every one, down to the top levels by their first names. Doesn't change anything. Be serious bruh
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
xplicity1:

Sir cheesy
Would you mind posting a list of books you have read and found interesting.
I have found some texts you have recommended here quite a good read.
Let me have a little adventure into your world.

Xplicitly my good friend, apologies for the long wait.

Wanted to add a little commentary, but if I keep waiting to do it, that day might never come...

I'll list some of those that had the most "impact" on me (in no particular order):

1. A New Earth

2. The 48 Laws of Power

3. The Science of Getting Rich: "There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

A thought, in this substance, Produces the thing that is imaged by the thought.

Man can form things in his thought, and, by impressing his thought upon formless substance, can cause the thing he thinks about to be created."

...Metaphysics, blew my mind.

4. Think & Grow Rich

5. What Rich People Know & Desperately Want to Keep Secret.

6. Rich Dad, Poor Dad

7. The Way of The Superior Man

8. Sex At Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality

9. The Selfish Gene

10. My Secret Garden

11. The Sex God Method

12. Influence (Cialdini)

13. The Blueprint Decoded: Not a book.

A 20 hr DVD recording of a 4-day event (2008). Attendees paid $600 a pop to attend.

Still sells for $599 on their site: www.blueprintdecoded.com

One of the most mind-bending content you will ever come across, on any subject.

The lowest thing you can get out of it is becoming comfortable in your own skin - in ALL situations, before ANYONE (which is HUGE).

I first watched it 5 years ago, and at the beginning, the speaker (who I had known fairly well a few years before via his other video content and articles) said something about the program being designed in some sort of "secret code" and meant to be watched several times over the course of 5 years or more...

I was like, Gerrout, who the fvck do you think you are, Saint Paul?

Well, he's better than St Paul.

Over the years, I've gone through it perhaps 15 times or so, and progressively, you will get more out of it because with time (and "practice" ) you gain more "reference experiences" that will enable you process some of the information.

The first time you watch it, you might get just 5% out of it.

Well, because it the condensed knowledge, acquired over a decade, of hundreds of thousands of men, across several continents, hitting the streets and interacting with people, then cross-referencing their results.

With that scale of massive action, a map was bound to emerge.

The initial goal was to get repeatable "techniques" to get laid, but as the popular saying goes "All roads lead to Philosophy".

And in this case you'll see the base goal of banging hotties reach into the sublime: philosophy, identity, spirituality.

You can purchase or torrent it.

14. Mastery (George Leonard)

15. The Law of One (Ra Material): "This book is an exact transcript from tape recordings of twenty- six sessions of an experiment designed to communicate with an extraterrestrial being."

Has books 1-5, only read upto 3.

There's nothing quite like it.

If you have the slightest interest in the nature of existence, then this is some deep level sh*t.

http://www.llresearch.org/library/the_law_of_one_pdf/the_law_of_one_pdf.aspx

========

Honourable mention... My fav novelist: Dean Koontz

When he's good, he's good...

A great introduction to his work is "Intensity".

My personal favourite: "False Memory"

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by Rukkydelta(f): 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
You expect us to call you buy your name
I refer to anyone that is up to 30 as sir, Infact once you are 10years older than me I find it funny to call you by your name. It's either Bro J or Uncle J
So get use to it
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
Some people call others "Sir" or "Ma'am" as a sign of respect,

especially if they're not too familiar w/ them and don't know their first name.
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by twosquare(m): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
'Sir' doesn't connote old age. It's basic courtesy, an element of formality and distance. Someone you have no close relationship with can't call you by your first name, can they?
I'm in my late twenties, the youngest in my place of work and yet, I'm addressed as ma'am by people old enough to father me. I'm cool with it as it doesn't make me feel ancient.....

That said, you are four years shy of forty, SIR. Get used to feeling old.
grin
Re: I Am 36 And I Am Being Called 'sir ' By Everyone? by xplicity1(m): 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2017
BuddhaPalm:

Xplicitly my good friend, apologies for the long wait.

Wanted to add a little commentary, but if I keep waiting to do it, that day might never come...

I'll list some of those that have the most "impact" on me (in no particular order):

1. A New Earth

2. The 48 Laws of Power

3. The Science of Getting Rich: "There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

A thought, in this substance, Produces the thing that is imaged by the thought.

Man can form things in his thought, and, by impressing his thought upon formless substance, can cause the thing he thinks about to be created."

...Metaphysics, blew my mind.

4. Think & Grow Rich

5. What Rich People Know & Desperately Want to Keep Secret.

6. Rich Dad, Poor Dad

7. The Way of The Superior Man

8. Sex At Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality

9. The Selfish Gene

10. My Secret Garden

11. The Sex God Method

12. Influence (Cialdini)

13. The Blueprint Decoded: Not a book.

A 20 hr DVD recording of a 4-day event (2008). Attendees paid $600 a pop to attend.

Still sells for $599 on their site: www.blueprintdecoded.com

One of the most mind-bending content you will ever come across, on any subject.

The lowest thing you can get out of it is becoming comfortable in your own skin - in ALL situations, before ANYONE (which is HUGE).

I first watched it 5 years ago, and at the beginning, the speaker (who I had known fairly well a few years before via his other video content and articles) said something about the program being designed in some sort of "secret code" and meant to be watched several times over the course of 5 years or more...

I was like, Gerrout, who the fvck do you think you are, Saint Paul?

Well, he's better than St Paul.

Over the years, I've gone through it perhaps 15 times or so, and progressively, you will get more out of it because with time (and "practice" ) you gain more "reference experiences" that will enable you process some of the information.

The first time you watch it, you might get just 5% out of it.

Well, because it the condensed knowledge, acquired over a decade, of hundreds of thousands of men, across several continents, hitting the streets and interacting with people, then cross-referencing their results.

With that scale of massive action, a map was bound to emerge.

The initial goal was to get repeatable "techniques" to get laid, but as the popular saying goes "All roads lead to Philosophy".

And in this case you'll see the base of goal of banging hotties reach into the sublime: philosophy, identity, spirituality.

You can purchase or torrent it.

14. Mastery (George Leonard)

15. The Law of One (Ra Material): "This book is an exact transcript from tape recordings of twenty- six sessions of an experiment designed to communicate with an extraterrestrial being."

Has books 1-5, only read upto 3.

There's nothing quite like it.

If you have the slightest interest in the nature of existence, then this is some deep level sh*t.

http://www.llresearch.org/library/the_law_of_one_pdf/the_law_of_one_pdf.aspx

========

Honourable mention... My fav novelist: Dean Koontz

When he's good, he's good...

A great introduction to his work is "Intensity".

My personal favourite: "False Memory"
Really? I appreciate this a lot.
Metaphysics has always seem to me a big topic.

Currently reading The Spiritual Man.
Have been unable to download any of Dean Koontz piece, seems they all come with a cost.

Again, thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Sperm Pours Out After Sex... Help / Help!!!i Don't Want To Let Him Go... / How To Spot A Fake Mattress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.