Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags (2513 Views)

Tasty Good Old Days Akamu And Beans To The Rescue In These Hard Times Families / Which Is More Nutritious, Pap Or Custard? / How To Prepare The Perfect Pap/akamu/ogi Without Errors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by JosWatchDog(m): 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
As shared on Facebook by one Blessing Chidimma, she admitted she can't prepare a pap, that it's either watery or half done.

See what she posted below:

I am 20 something,I can't do ordinary pap(Akamu)It's either the Akamu is water water or it will have seed seed inside. LOL chai

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com.ng/2017/09/im-27years-old-yet-i-cant-do-ordinary.html#ixzz4sTaOBYXs

Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by JosWatchDog(m): 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2017
lalasticlala seun mynd44
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by RealZizou(m): 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2017
D
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by smartty68(m): 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2017
She's trying to get attention by posting trash on Facebook. Kwontinu angry

1 Like

Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by Crownadex(m): 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2017
she can't make ordinary Akamu

she's good for nothing haaah sorry she must know about #Mouth Gig
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 12, 2017
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by fuckingAyaya(m): 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2017
Ur parents really trained u well
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by dominique(f): 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
Pap is not that easy to make. Sometimes the one I make has lumps in it too. That your pap doesn't always come out right does not mean you're a bad cook.

1 Like

Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by Nutase: 4:24pm On Sep 12, 2017
Don't worry dear. You husband will employ cooks for you.
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2017
Good girl, clap yasef
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by blueflowers(f): 6:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 14, 2017
dominique:
Pap is not that easy to make. Sometimes the one I make has lumps in it too. That your pap doesn't always come out right does not mean you're a bad cook.
Sometimes true!
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by chii8(f): 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2017
Hian, na waoooo ri comment my reserve. Pap kwa....
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by gracile(f): 7:06pm On Sep 14, 2017
Me too I noticed I'm not so good at making simple foods like pap and EBA. Make no mistake, I'm a great cook
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
dominique:

My dear Dominique, you don't mean it?

Pap is one of the EASIEST foods for me to prepare. So easy, that I can close my eyes and make it!

To prevent lumps, keep stirring till the liquid thickens. If you leave it for a moment, lumps will start forming.

For a smooth pap, dissolve the pap solid ingredient in enough water, and add it to a pot of boiling water, stirring till it thickens.

Too much water will give a runny pap.
Less water will give a thick pap, which allows lumps to easily form. So dilute to give consistency of choice.
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
gracile:
Me too I noticed I'm not so good at making simple foods like pap and EBA. Make no mistake, I'm a great cook

My dear, Eba is easy to make.

Once the water has boiled, use it at ONCE to make Eba or else what you will get is garri + water mixture that's not properly joined.

Get your pot ready. Once water boils, pour it into the pot and sprinkle all over with garri. Cover the pot to allow the eba "cook" with the inherent heat for 1-2 minutes or more.

Uncover and turn with a spoon to give texture of choice.

If it's too hard, add hot water to soften it and turn well (or mix well). If it's too soft, add garri to harden it a bit.

In case the Eba doesn't turn out right (the texture is okay but doesn't have that Eba look/feel), no need to worry. Just add a little bit of water, cover with lid and place on fire to cook for 1-2 minutes.

Turn, serve and enjoy with soup /stew of choice.

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by dominique(f): 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

My dear Dominique, you don't mean it?

Pap is one of the EASIEST foods for me to prepare. So easy, that I can close my eyes and make it!

To prevent lumps, keep stirring till the liquid thickens. If you leave it for a moment, lumps will start forming.

For a smooth pap, dissolve the pap solid ingredient in enough water, and add it to a pot of boiling water, stirring till it thickens.

Too much water will give a runny pap.
Less water will give a thick pap, which allows lumps to easily form. So dilute to give consistency of choice.

I know the technique of making the pap and I do get I right most times. But sometimes I hastily pour the pap mixture into the boiling water without checking if all the lumps have dissolved properly. I don't there's any way to salvage the situation in such case, is there? My pap is never watery. I always make sure it's very thick from the onset, then I start adding hot water till I get my desired thickness maybe that's why the pap gets lumpy sef.
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by gracile(f): 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

My dear, Eba is easy to make.

Once the water has boiled, use it at ONCE to make Eba or else what you will get is garri + water mixture that's not properly joined.

Get your pot ready. Once water boils, pour it into the pot and sprinkle all over with garri. Cover the pot to allow the eba "cook" with the inherent heat for 1-2 minutes or more.

Uncover and turn with a spoon to give texture of choice.

If it's too hard, add hot water to soften it and turn well (or mix well). If it's too soft, add garri to harden it a bit.

In case the Eba doesn't turn out right (the texture is okay but doesn't have that Eba look/feel), no need to worry. Just add a little bit of water, cover with lid and place on fire to cook for 1-2 minutes.

Turn, serve and enjoy with soup /stew of choice.
You see the problem ma, I don't like cooking my EBA and I don't normally enjoy that overcooked one that tastes like cassava flour/tuwon alubo/ abacha.
Because of that I don't cover my cooked EBA with lid and depending on the texture of the garri I don't always use a very boiled water, to me it makes it draw too much. And that's what makes peeps complain about my EBA, they always say its strong and I'll be like'where I come from we don't eat water water swallow' cheesy
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:43am On Sep 16, 2017
dominique:

I know the technique of making the pap and I do get I right most times. But sometimes I hastily pour the pap mixture into the boiling water without checking if all the lumps have dissolved properly. I don't there's any way to salvage the situation in such case, is there? My pap is never watery. I always make sure it's very thick from the onset, then I start adding hot water till I get my desired thickness maybe that's why the pap gets lumpy sef.

The bolded parts need to be worked on. Don't make the pap paste too thick and ensure there are no lumps before pouring into boiling water.

When your pap becomes thick, reduce the heat or put it off then add water to thin it. Then reapply heat to cook it for a few minutes.

The key is don't make the paste too thick and when you try to thin the thickness, reduce/put off the heat so you can do it without lumps forming then reheat when you are done.
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:51am On Sep 16, 2017
gracile:

You see the problem ma, I don't like cooking my EBA and I don't normally enjoy that overcooked one that tastes like cassava flour/tuwon alubo/ abacha.
Because of that I don't cover my cooked EBA with lid and depending on the texture of the garri I don't always use a very boiled water, to me it makes it draw too much. And that's what makes peeps complain about my EBA, they always say its strong and I'll be like'where I come from we don't eat water water swallow' cheesy

To be honest, hard/strong Eba will hurt the throat as it's being swallowed. Try to pity your people sis, lol.

I guess you use yellow garri. It gives that starchy texture when combined with very hot water.

To avoid that starchy texture, I add a little amount of room temperature water to the pot before pouring in hot water. That way the cold water reduces the temperature of the hot water a bit so that the starchy taste won't form.

Please try to cover your Eba, even if it's for 5-10 seconds. It won't hurt or would it?

1 Like

Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by dominique(f): 12:57pm On Sep 16, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

The bolded parts need to be worked on. Don't make the pap paste too thick and ensure there are no lumps before pouring into boiling water.

When your pap becomes thick, reduce the heat or put it off then add water to thin it. Then reapply heat to cook it for a few minutes.

The key is don't make the paste too thick and when you try to thin the thickness, reduce/put off the heat so you can do it without lumps forming then reheat when you are done.

Noted. Thanks for the tips smiley
Re: I'm 27years-old Yet I Can't Do Ordinary Pap (akamu) - Nigerian Slay Queen Brags by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:07am On Sep 17, 2017
dominique:

Noted. Thanks for the tips smiley
You are welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Help Pease. . .,i Cant Prepare Boiled Rice / Order Ur Unique, Affordable, And Beautiful Cakes For All Occasions / Ways Gluten And Wheat Can Damage Your Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.