Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Meet The First Woman To Climb Mount Everest Twice In 5 Days (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The First Woman To Climb Mount Everest Twice In 5 Days (photos) (1792 Views)

Kellyy Tiktok Followers Have Moved From 500k To 1M In Just 7 Days (photos) / Omotola Amazingly Transforms The Home Of A Widow In 4 Days (photos) / Burna Boy Shares Throwback Photos From His Childhood Days (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The First Woman To Climb Mount Everest Twice In 5 Days (photos) by rizzyrozz: 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2017
Anshu Jamsenpa, aged 38 and mother-of-two who was born in Dirang, a remote mountain town in the north-west Indian district of Arunachal Pradesh, which borders Bhutan and Tibet, Jamsenpa the daughter of an Indo Tibetan Border Police officer father and nurse mother, Jamsenpa had three older sisters and a younger brother. She says she always knew she was different.

Jamsenpa, this year, she broke a world record and made global headlines when she became the first woman to conquer the 29,028-feet-tall (8,848 meter) Himalayan giant twice in five days — first on May 16, and then again on May 21.

JAMSENPA, SPEAK ON HOW SHE STARTED.

“I always think that I am very close to God, I am getting a blessing,” Jamsenpa tells of her emotional state while on the mountain. “I only feel that whenever I am at the top.”

“I did all kinds of training — running, gym, yoga, aerobics, hiking,” she says. She also scaled numerous peaks, including Nepal Peak from Sikkim in 2010.

Everything happened at the last moment. I didn’t have much time to prepare for this expedition, because I was working on (getting) sponsorship,” she says.

“I reached base camp and couldn’t register in my mind that I had actually planned to climb Everest.”

The biggest challenge, she says, was leaving behind her two daughters, then aged 5 and 10 years old.

“(Leaving them) was the hardest part … What I decided was this was a time, in my absence, for them to bond with their father.”

Jamsenpa made her attempt from the South Col, which sits on the Nepalese side, rather than the North Ridge, which begins within Tibetan borders.

“I can’t climb from the north side, because we have a visa problem with China. That is why I went from Nepal side,” she explains.

SPEAKING ABOUT HER EXPERIENCE IN EVEREST AND THE WEATHER CONDITION

Read more ..............https://royalsgist.com/2017/09/12/meet-first-woman-climb-mount-everest-twice-5-days-photos/

Re: Meet The First Woman To Climb Mount Everest Twice In 5 Days (photos) by uzoormah(m): 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
Wow!! and some girls are busy climbing mount cucumber 10times a day
Re: Meet The First Woman To Climb Mount Everest Twice In 5 Days (photos) by FemiEddy(m): 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2017
I am sure she's climbing mountains in her dream sef grin
Cool record

1 Like

Re: Meet The First Woman To Climb Mount Everest Twice In 5 Days (photos) by SuperSuave(m): 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2017
uzoormah:

1 Like

Re: Meet The First Woman To Climb Mount Everest Twice In 5 Days (photos) by NairalandCS(m): 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2017
uzoormah:

Re: Meet The First Woman To Climb Mount Everest Twice In 5 Days (photos) by SalamRushdie: 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2017
This is awesome
Re: Meet The First Woman To Climb Mount Everest Twice In 5 Days (photos) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 12, 2017
uzoormah:

Just go to Everest, I am not suggesting that you climb the mountain o, just for you to go there.

Na woman do am so o, oya, you're a man, just go there.
Re: Meet The First Woman To Climb Mount Everest Twice In 5 Days (photos) by uzoormah(m): 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2017
kennygee:

Just go to Everest, I am not suggesting that you climb the mountain o, just for you to go there.

IS she a man? she is a woman like u
Re: Meet The First Woman To Climb Mount Everest Twice In 5 Days (photos) by siie: 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2017
uzoormah:

Re: Meet The First Woman To Climb Mount Everest Twice In 5 Days (photos) by Davidhero(m): 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2017
kennygee:

Lol,

Wim Hof did climb the mountain just on shorts and some climbing boots, including Mt Kilimanjaro right to the top.

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Tiwa Savage Sexy Dress To Omotola At 40 Birthday Party / Wizkid's Son Murder Olamide's Science Student At His Grandmother Birthday Party / Beverly Naya To Wed Pastor Adefarasin’s Nephew, Adeolu Adefarasin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.