Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) (9965 Views)

Apple Unveils Iphone 15 And Iphone 15 Plus (Specifications & Prices) / Iphone 11, Iphone 11 Pro & Iphone 11 Pro Max: Apple Unveils Three New Iphone 11 / Iphone XS, Iphone XS Max & Iphone XR: Apple Unveils Three New Iphone Xs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 13, 2017
KillerFrost:

Yes it thrumps it... cos on a general scale looking at all values it won!

It's simple and striaght, A10 won in the CPU department while 835 won in the GPU department. But it's still all bullshit when iPhones can't even do a proper VR.

Until VR and AR becomes a thing, it's all bullshit
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by microjoystick: 10:02am On Sep 13, 2017
KillerFrost:

The iPhone X comes with an Oled screen display and not just mere amoled. Do you even know what that means? How many tvs even come with that?
Dude do u know what oled means :O.Please buy the iphone X and i assure u in a few years time the pixels would start to die u would even notice.Thats one of the reasons why SAMSUNG isnt using it.And thats why most Tv's arent using it.Please read about Oled display on wikipedia or anywhere.
The only thing helping the iphone is thier retina display cos it makes texts look more clearer but doesnt mean the resolution is better.Dude get both pbones together and compare thier resolution.Iphone x ko Y nicheesy
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 13, 2017
ollah1:

Lol. Dude don't embarrass yourself further. I wonder how iFans think sometimes, you were already beginning to hype the screen on the phone like it's the best since bread and butter.

The Oled screen on iPhone x is an AMOLED designed by Samsung.
Tell me what it means to have Oled screen on a phone?

Wow!...with this statement I just concluded This is getting no where!...I have better things to do with my life.. We can't agree with each other!...
Apple announced the iPhone with an oled display.. you're saying it's not .. it has to be amoled..
Where you got yours from I dunno!...
No other recognized tech geek has come to debunk that!...

iPhones still outsell any other brand ... that should be a pointer... you think you know more than everyone that decides to go for them?...

See eh guys... I have better things to do with my life than sit here arguing all day... you love your phones.. great!.. everyone uses what works for them!
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by ip2121918021(m): 10:03am On Sep 13, 2017
KillerFrost:

The iPhone X comes with an Oled screen display and not just mere amoled. Do you even know what that means? How many tvs even come with that?

Nothing remarkable.

Samsung has been using Amoled (oled) since the very first Galaxy S.

Besides the iPhone's OLED screen is supplied by Samsung

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by microjoystick: 10:04am On Sep 13, 2017
ollah1:

It's simple and striaght, A10 won in the CPU department while 835 won in the GPU department. But it's still all bullshit when iPhones can't even do a proper VR.

Until VR and AR becomes a thing, it's all bullshit
God bless u bro.Which phone are u using BTW.
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by microjoystick: 10:05am On Sep 13, 2017
ip2121918021:

Nothing remarkable.

Samsung has been using Amoled (oled) since the very first Galaxy S
Epp me tell am o.
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by MideCreative: 10:09am On Sep 13, 2017
Welcome to the future of screen protection technology, we have devised a unique formulation that utilizes nano-coating and forms a hard shield around the glass screen which is stronger, tougher, and more durable than plastic and glass screen guard, call for order 08101543245

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oT25bIJvtg

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 13, 2017
ip2121918021:

Nothing remarkable.

Samsung has been using Amoled (oled) since the very first Galaxy S

I just tire for the guy. He is conflicting himself and castigating others. He has switched to sales which is bullshit about better phones.

iPhone 7 sold more than S7 edge but the latter won the best 2016 smartphone.

Apple is in a monopoly market, you must buy an iPhone if you want an iOS device but same can't be said about Android hence my respect for Samsung.

iPhone would have been long forgotten if if were running Androids with his shabby designs et al
iPhone would have been long forgotten if iOS was open source.
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by ip2121918021(m): 10:15am On Sep 13, 2017
ollah1:

I just tire for the guy. He is conflicting himself and castigating others. He has switched to sales which is bullshit about better phones.

iPhone 7 sold more than S7 edge but the latter won the best 2016 smartphone.

Apple is in a monopoly market, you must buy an iPhone if you want an iOS device but same can't be said about Android hence my respect for Samsung.

iPhone would have been long forgotten if if were running Androids with his shabby designs et al
iPhone would have been long forgotten if iOS was open source.

Same thing with the Macs, people only buy them for the OS. The hardware isn't worth the price tag.

These Apple idiots are making devices more expensive in the long run.

The iPhone 8 is now $50 more expensive than the iPhone 7 at MSRP.

The S8 is around $25 more than the iPhone 7 at MSRP.

What's the extra $50 for on the iPhone 8.

Still the same low res screen.

No memory card storage.

No headphone jack.

Cameras? Let's wait for samples, the s8's camera is so insane my friends turn me into a camera man at parties grin

Microsoft is now following Apple's footsteps selling the Microsoft surface/s at outrageous prices.

If the iPhone X manages to sell more than the 8 just expect more expensive devices from Apple and other OEMs
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 13, 2017
ip2121918021:

Same thing with the Macs, people only buy them for the OS. The hardware isn't worth the price tag.

These Apple idiots are making devices more expensive in the long run.

The iPhone 8 is now $50 more expensive than the iPhone 7 at MSRP.

The S8 is around $25 more than the iPhone 7 at MSRP.

What's the extra $50 for on the iPhone 8.

Still the same low res screen.

No memory card storage.

No headphone jack.

Cameras? Let's wait for samples, the s8's camera is so insane my friends turn me into a camera man at parties grin

Microsoft is now following Apple's footsteps selling the Microsoft surface/s at outrageous prices.

You have said it all. But they will never agree with you since it's against their believed firm. You should check out the cost of producing these phones and see the differences between both phones. Apple charges 100% for price per production of iPhones which increased to %150 with iPhone X.

i use a two year sold S6 edge, my phone doesn't rest either while at fuctions despite my friends using iPhones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 13, 2017
Seunosewapenis:
God bless u bro.Which phone are u using BTW.

S6 edge
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by webngnews: 10:21am On Sep 13, 2017
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by ip2121918021(m): 10:26am On Sep 13, 2017
ollah1:

You have said it all. But they will never agree with you since it's against their believed firm. You should check out the cost of producing these phones and see the differences between both phones. Apple charges 100% for price per production of iPhones which increased to %150 with iPhone X.

i use a two year sold S6 edge but my phone doesn't rest either while at fuctions despite my friends using iPhones

The same company that removed ports worth ~$5 on their 12" MacBook and made it into a dongle selling for $69.

The Matebook X is cheaper than the MacBook and it comes with the Dongle. So "trying to make the MacBook thinner" is not an excuse to sell a dongle for $70

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 13, 2017
ip2121918021:

The same company that removed ports worth ~$5 on their 12" MacBook and made it into a dongle selling for $69.

The Matebook X is cheaper than the MacBook and it comes with the Dongle. So "trying to make the MacBook thinner" is not an excuse to sell a dongle for $70

Didn't same happen to iPhone headphone jack. Airpod is sold for over $150. Soonest, charging ports will also he removed and wireless kits called airpower mats will be sold for $300.

Afterwards, they will proceed to remove the screen too and sell AirRetina for $500. Wonder why they are called iSheeps
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by microjoystick: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2017
ollah1:

S6 edge
I'm saving for the note 8 bro.That phone nah beastcheesy
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by microjoystick: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2017
ollah1:

S6 edge
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by ip2121918021(m): 10:35am On Sep 13, 2017
ollah1:

Didn't same happen to iPhone headphone jack. Airpod is sold for over $150. Soonest, charging ports will also he removed and wireless kits called airpower mats will be sold for $300.

Afterwards, they will proceed to remove the screen too and sell AirRetina for $500. Wonder why they are called iSheeps

grin I won't be surprised. Inshallah/IJN we will all be alive to witness their madness grin

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 13, 2017
Seunosewapenis:

It is. Either Note 8 or S8 +
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by microjoystick: 10:38am On Sep 13, 2017
ollah1:

This got me laughin so hard.I swear apple are just riding their fanboys.Isheepscheesy
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Overlord999(m): 10:44am On Sep 13, 2017
ollah1:

S4 still holds up pretty well. It's not outdated neither is it slow. It could be running an old software doesn't mean it's slow. By your logic, window 7 is supposed to eb slow simply because its on an old os.

well maybe I exaggerated a little bit, its very much a usable phone with a decent screen and very good camera (good lighting).it does get slow quite often and TouchWiz UI as it was on lollipop is ugly and an eye sore to me... I'm an Android guy and Samsung fan, but in 2017 iPhone 5s is a better phone, I wouldn't have said this in 2013...btw I owned S1,s2,s3,S4 note 3 and s6...
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Overlord999(m): 10:57am On Sep 13, 2017
I dunno why all you guys keep arguing about CPU and GPU,all this high-end phones are stupidly fast and powerful, doesn't matter if one edges the other in benchmark they all perform excellent in day to day activities
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Overlord999(m): 11:06am On Sep 13, 2017
though I will say Apple has being CPU king since 2013 when they started designing it themselves.. Snapdragon is slightly ahead of apple when it comes to gpu... that a11 is a beast , slaughters everything on the market right now, we'll see how Samsung, Qualcomm and Huawei respond with their upcoming chips
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by ip2121918021(m): 1:54pm On Sep 13, 2017
ollah1:

undecided

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2017
ip2121918021:

undecided

Lol. This company needs to be smacked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2017
Overlord999:
well maybe I exaggerated a little bit, its very much a usable phone with a decent screen and very good camera (good lighting).it does get slow quite often and TouchWiz UI as it was on lollipop is ugly and an eye sore to me... I'm an Android guy and Samsung fan, but in 2017 iPhone 5s is a better phone, I wouldn't have said this in 2013...btw I owned S1,s2,s3,S4 note 3 and s6...

How is 5s still a better phone? The only thing it got ahead is the OS update and Apple is known to cripple old phone performances with new is updates. I would rather have an old stable os running smooth on my old phone than a new one with problems.

Windows XP and 7 users will agree with me
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Overlord999(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2017
ollah1:

How is 5s still a better phone? The only thing it got ahead is the OS update and Apple is known to cripple old phone performances with new is updates. I would rather have an old stable os running smooth on my old phone than a new one with problems.

Windows XP and 7 users will agree with me
iOS isn't stable?
is see a lot of people using iPhone 5/5s running the the latest update no issues at all. if it weren't for the tiny 4in screen I would get one myself as my second phone
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Overlord999(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2017
ollah1:

Lol. This company needs to be smacked.
that's Apple for you, no company comes close to Apple when it comes to ripping off customers.they sure know how to make money
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
Overlord999:
iOS isn't stable?
is see a lot of people using iPhone 5/5s running the the latest update no issues at all. if it weren't for the tiny 4in screen I would get one myself as my second phone

You can read it up yourself. Every new iteration of iOS causes problems to old models. They cripple the performance so you can dump and pick up the new models.

The iPhone SE was supposed to lure old iPhone 5/5s/5c users away
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by microjoystick: 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2017
Overlord999:
that's Apple for you, no company comes close to Apple when it comes to ripping off customers.they sure know how to make money
you see now thats where SAMSUNG comes in.I mean samsung gives u the value of what u paid for.Check out the PRICE and specs of the note 8.THANK ME LATER.
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Overlord999(m): 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2017
yeah note 8 is a phone definitely worth my kidney lol
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by frostmate: 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2017
Overpriced as always angry

I will go with Samsung
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by roqrules04(m): 8:21pm On Sep 17, 2017
DAVE5:

I used to love the Apple Watch until I met the Samsung gear s2 sport, mehn I'm feeling the thing like kilode... replaceable straps yapa to fit any outfit

Been using it for more than 6 months now and it's been love at first site...

S2 classic looks off to me
S3 looks too clunky for my liking

You might like the s2 or s3 watch...

I've not used the apple watch though so I can't speak for it

Mind you... I'm an ardent apple lover... fone, watch, music player, Macbook... erything apple

Was going to trade in my i7 for the i8 but apple bleeped up on this... pple even mistake my i7 for i6...so they'd still mistake the 8 for 7 or 6 as well

How much did you buy your gear s2 sport bro?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Keep Your MTN Number Safe When Travelling Abroad To Avoid Deactivation / Rules For Creating And Moderating A Whatsapp Group.. / Mtn 10mb For N10 And 20mb For N20 Data Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.