Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,937 members, 7,838,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

The Pride Of Being Afraid - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pride Of Being Afraid (252 Views)

The Fear Of GOD vs Being Afraid Of GOD: The Difference / Love Without Being Afraid... / Apostle Suleman’s Private Jet: Linda Ikeji & Other Top Bloggers Now Afraid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Pride Of Being Afraid by liray: 11:42am On Sep 13, 2017
The Lord has used some unusual texts in my life to help me begin to overcome the fear of men. One of those texts is Isaiah 51:12 where God says, “I, I am he that comforts you; who are you that you are afraid of man who dies, of the son of man who is made like grass?” Doesn’t that strike you as strange when he says, “Who are you that you are afraid?”

The meaning is that God regards fear of men as a manifestation of pride. When we say, “Who do you think you are, barging in here like that,” we mean, “You are presumptuous and arrogant to barge in here.” So when God says, “Who are you that you fear mere men,” he means, “You are presumptuous and arrogant to be afraid of men.”

Now I had never thought of my being afraid to witness, or my being afraid to risk some kind of embarrassment, as a sign of pride. It felt like a weakness, and who is proud of weaknesses? But now this text has helped me see my fears in a new light.

You can read the full article on www.growupspiritually.com.ng/2017/09/13/the-pride-of-being-afraid/

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is The Lord Of All! / Victory Over Invisible Enemies. / The Creative Realm(3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.