Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,800 members, 7,844,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Gear - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Gear (602 Views)

Benz 300e Auto gear For Urgent Sale. now 170k / Honda Accord 92 Model Car Vibration When Hot And In Drive Gear And At Stop / Toyota Town Ace (TOKS)Auto Gear 650,ooo PRICE REDUCED TO 500K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gear by ayusman16(m): 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2010
Hello Guys!

I need advice on my camry. Want to know how much to replace the gear of 96 camry. just serviced the nozzzle and replaced the gear oil but each time i try to accelerate, there is this humming sound and hesitation before the car picks. Really need to know what else to do before replacing the gear.

Thanks while waiting for ur replies.
Re: Gear by ayusman16(m): 3:47pm On Feb 27, 2010
sad
Re: Gear by ayusman16(m): 4:28pm On Feb 27, 2010
Comon guys! Where are the gurus in the auto section. Really need ur help before the mech's bleed me of my hard earned money.
Re: Gear by freshmoney(m): 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2010
Humming Sound? That means its been difficult for the gear to switch from gear 2 to gear 3? Ok, First get to the Brain box,ask a competent rewire to have this checked for you, after that, you may consider changing 'GEAR SELECTOR'. cool
Re: Gear by ayusman16(m): 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2010
freshmoney:

Humming Sound? That means its been difficult for the gear to switch from gear 2 to gear 3? Ok, First get to the Brain box,ask a competent rewire to have this checked for you, after that, you may consider changing 'GEAR SELECTOR'. cool

Thanks Gee. Will do just that. I appreciate ur response.
Re: Gear by freshmoney(m): 5:38pm On Feb 27, 2010
^^^ You are welcome mate, Gear selector for your car brand shouldn't be more than 11k,
Re: Gear by dantitiki(m): 6:01pm On Feb 27, 2010
I'll advice you take no action until you get the car scanned at a diagnostic center.
From there you'll know what steps and measures to take.

Kind regards.
Re: Gear by ayusman16(m): 6:03pm On Feb 27, 2010
dantitiki:

I'll advice you take no action until you get the car scanned at a diagnostic center.
From there you'll know what steps and measures to take.

Kind regards.

where can i get one? and how much will it cost me?
Re: Gear by dantitiki(m): 6:11pm On Feb 27, 2010
There are a lot of diagnostics centers around,and scanning a car costs averagely N10k

I use Auto Garage at sabo,near white house,beside the army officers mess.

Kind regards.
Re: Gear by ayusman16(m): 6:12pm On Feb 27, 2010
dantitiki:

There are a lot of diagnostics centers around,and scanning a car costs averagely N10k

I use Auto Garage at sabo,near white house,beside the army officers mess.

Kind regards.

Ok. Thanks
Re: Gear by eros(m): 9:22pm On Feb 27, 2010
First of all, you shouldn't have serviced your nozzles because i have realized that most Nigerian mechanics or technicians are nothing but a bunch of worthless people who destroy hard working people's cars without any remorse.

I also started having problems with my 2001 Acura TL after i serviced the nozzles. After 5 different diagnosis, i am yet to find a lasting solution to the problem the car has developed after servicing the nozzles.

As for the price of doing a diagnostics, it shouldn't cost you more than N5k and if you negotiate very well, you can get it done for N3k. I did mine here in Ibadan for N3k and subsequently did it for N2k. I hope you are able to get an expert in diagnosis who will be able to detect the exact fault in the car, so that your mechanic can fix the problem.
Re: Gear by ayusman16(m): 7:10am On Feb 28, 2010
eros:

First of all, you shouldn't have serviced your nozzles because i have realized that most Nigerian mechanics or technicians are nothing but a bunch of worthless people who destroy hard working people's cars without any remorse.

I also started having problems with my 2001 Acura TL after i serviced the nozzles. After 5 different diagnosis, i am yet to find a lasting solution to the problem the car has developed after servicing the nozzles.

As for the price of doing a diagnostics, it shouldn't cost you more than N5k and if you negotiate very well, you can get it done for N3k. I did mine here in Ibadan for N3k and subsequently did it for N2k. I hope you are able to get an expert in diagnosis who will be able to detect the exact fault in the car, so that your mechanic can fix the problem.

I really appreciate your response. Thanks
Re: Gear by cantcme1: 7:50am On Feb 28, 2010
Bro change your plugs it's has happen to me before

(1) (Reply)

We Scan And Diagnose Any Kind Of Vehicle . / 2003 Nissan Maxima / I Urgently Need A Car Btw 1m - 1.4m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.