Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,543 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? (1410 Views)

Amazing Things Coca-cola Is Used 4- / See The Evolution Coca-Cola Bottles Went Through Over The Years! (PIC) / Nigeria Sues Coca-Cola For Shunning The Consumer Protection Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by adisa363: 5:12pm On Feb 27, 2010
is it true coca cola contains too much sugar? nafdac where are you
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2010
don't you read the "Nutrition Facts" on the side of the label? or there is nothing a little google won't answer for you.
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2010
A bottle is said to contain more than 14 spoons of sugar. Now that's tragic, the food industry is out to kill and destroy.
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by madlady(f): 6:40pm On Feb 27, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

A bottle is said to contain more than 14 spoons of sugar. Now that's tragic, the food industry is out to kill and destroy.

Really,oh gosh.
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 27, 2010
madlady:

Really,oh gosh.

14 teaspoons=7 tablespoons wink but still thats a lot. And when they are not killing us with the white toxin, they are using HIGH FRUCTOSE SUGAR  or HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP (HFCS) because its cheaper. The brain doesnt recognise this compound, thats why when you start on a packet of Digestives or Pringles, you have to finish it.
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by madlady(f): 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

14 teaspoons=7 tablespoons wink but still thats a lot. And when they are not killing us with the white toxin, they are using HIGH FRUCTOSE SUGAR or HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP (HFCS) because its cheaper. The brain doesnt recognise this compound, thats why when you start on a packet of Digestives or Pringles, you have to finish it.

Yes your right, lots of the foodstuff we consume really only makes us sick.

@Off Topic when are you going to start a muscle toning thread, would love some REAL info, like whats the best inner thigh exercise?
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 27, 2010
madlady:

Yes your right, lots of the foodstuff we consume really only makes us sick.

@Off Topic when are you going to start a muscle toning thread, would love some REAL info, like whats the best inner thigh exercise?
grin grin Who told you I was into fitness?

Anyhoo, I have provided a link below, its a leg workout that will give you sexy legs in time for summer. I expect my check in the post wink You dont need equipments just your bodyweight.

http://ejmas.com/pt/2006pt/ptart_richards_0906.html
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by madlady(f): 8:29pm On Feb 27, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

grin grin Who told you I was into fitness?

Anyhoo, I have provided a link below, its a leg workout that will give you sexy legs in time for summer. I expect my check in the post wink You dont need equipments just your bodyweight.

http://ejmas.com/pt/2006pt/ptart_richards_0906.html

Fantastic wink your cheques in the post wink. So the darn thing called jiggle embarassed, lost my appetite over  the last few weeks. cry

@Topic I try to avoid all fizzy drinks and coke is at the top of my avoid list.
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by liso4h2o: 9:21pm On Feb 27, 2010
If you can't do without drinking Coca Cola, their is still a solution.
For most of us that want t start taking ordinary water, note that most of the plastic water we take are also poisonous as the sun radiation increases the ionic radicals which kills our cells in the stomach.
All we need do most times is to drink what will help to cleanse our system, me i can't do without taking a cup of , Gel in the morning before i leave my home.
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 27, 2010
madlady:

Fantastic wink your cheques in the post wink. So the darn thing called jiggle embarassed, lost my appetite over  the last few weeks. cry

@Topic I try to avoid all fizzy drinks and coke is at the top of my avoid list.
Me too babes, im never hungry, I just force myself to eat just for the sake of it. Maybe its the global doom and gloom.
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by mamagee3(f): 11:29pm On Feb 27, 2010
adisa363:

is it true coca cola contains too much sugar? nafdac where are you

Don't be Daft!
You're basically saying two different things, First
You said "Coca Cola Is a Killer", then in your detail box
you're asking a question. . .
Go get your facts right before spreading Bull****.
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:23am On Feb 28, 2010
^^^
oh hush!!! with your spam all over NL.
you go into every thread 75% of the time complaining about how dumb or daft the thread and/or poster is.
its not by force to post. just ignore and keep going.
majority of the time you don't even know what you're talking about, so don't throw the first stone in a glass house.
"surrogate" lmfao!!!
cheesy
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by mamagee3(f): 12:32am On Feb 28, 2010
THE AMAKA:

^^^
oh hush!!! with your spam all over NL.
you go into every thread 75% of the time complaining about how dumb or daft the thread and/or poster is.
its not by force to post. just ignore and keep going.
majority of the time you don't even know what you're talking about, so don't throw the first stone in a glass house.
"surrogate" lmfao!!!
  cheesy

Oh please, Get lost. . .
You sneak into my threads the moment I go Offline to post a reply, retarded Clit. . .
Show me a thread I have posted twice on this forum, Spunked fool.
"I Cheated in the Awards but Debosky refused to disqualify me", Lol
Seriously, Come up with some concrete details next time you start blowing phlegm all over the forum
Or better still go into anonymity in the surface of the earth,
Daft, I'm still laughing at you. . . grin grin
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:33am On Feb 28, 2010
I did not come here to argue with you so next time show a little, just a little maturity and stop displaying how young and immature you are. and when was the last time i posted in your thread? show some proof please.
if your problem is still that romance section awards, than take it up with debosky and argue with him, because i didnt nominate myself.
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by mamagee3(f): 12:38am On Feb 28, 2010
THE AMAKA:

I did not come here to argue with you so next time show a little, just a little maturity and stop displaying how young and immature you are. and when was the last time i posted in your thread? show some proof please.
if your problem is still that romance section awards, than take it up with debosky and argue with him, because i didnt nominate myself.

You didn't come here to argue with me but you still popped out from nowhere to reply to my response
Has maturity changed its meaning, lol
Someone who goes around fighting and arguing over people's opinions is not matured, Daft-mcfagget. . .
Please, Just go into extinction before you disgrace yourself further after the one you did last time. . .

The Daft's response to my thread -"I usually avoid her threads but I have to say that guy is not fine", lol
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:56am On Feb 28, 2010
and that was how many days ago?
DON'T WORRY, YOUR COMMENTS HAVE BEEN REPORTED. grin
and no i didn't come out of nowhere, i was the first person to respond to this thread. and just because i responded doesnt mean im here to use a bunch of curse words and argue, like you, and thats immaturity.
hmmmm, i thought you would know the definition by now?
and when do you ever give sensible responses to threads? don't throw stones in a glass house, period.
or you argue with anyone that doesnt feel daddy yankee is fine? LMFAO!!! immaturity indeed.
get away jo! you don reach yankee and now feeling to funky
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by disturbia: 12:59am On Feb 28, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by Scooby1(m): 1:17am On Feb 28, 2010
drama grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by amebono1: 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2010
THE AMAKA:

and that was how many days ago?
DON'T WORRY, YOUR COMMENTS HAVE BEEN REPORTED. grin
and no i didn't come out of nowhere, i was the first person to respond to this thread. and just because i responded doesnt mean im here to use a bunch of curse words and argue, like you, and thats immaturity.
hmmmm, i thought you would know the definition by now?
and when do you ever give sensible responses to threads? don't throw stones in a glass house, period.
or you argue with anyone that doesnt feel daddy yankee is fine? LMFAO!!! immaturity indeed.
get away jo! you don reach yankee and now feeling to funky

ok this is funny grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by bilqiss(f): 9:53pm On Mar 01, 2010
I'm addicted to Coke but I know for sure that most of these soft drinks manufacturers have become nutrition-friendly and even Coke has different versions with 0% sugar, 0% caffeine, 0% calorie etc. So this 14 cubes/shovels of sugar should be a fallacy by now.
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:30am On Mar 02, 2010
!amebo no1:

ok this is funny grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by Nobody: 3:13am On Mar 02, 2010
bilqiss:

I'm addicted to Coke but I know for sure that most of these soft drinks manufacturers have become nutrition-friendly and even Coke has different versions with 0% sugar, 0% caffeine, 0% calorie etc. So this 14 cubes/shovels of sugar should be a fallacy by now.
They have just exchanged one poison for another and its called, aspartame

Read about the dangers of this toxic artificial sweetener ---------> http://www.earthways.co.uk/aspartame.html
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by namazon: 3:49am On Mar 04, 2010
Interestingly enough, besides the fact that coke (at least the full sugar and not the aspartame riddled one) does contain quite a bit of sugar, it also contains phosphoric acid which when the body breaks this down, the acidity the amoung of hydrogen ions available) of the blood increases (when it should be more neutral or slightly alkaline (ph about 7.2). To balance this out the free hydrogen ions end up binding with the minerals, which include calcium and magnesium. If they aren't in the blood, the body draws calcium out of the bones which leads to weaker bones over time and eventually breakage in susceptible people. Take home point: stop drinking coke or at least reduce your frequency of drinking this beverage.

Reference: http://preventdisease.com/news/articles/soda_may_not_hurt_bones.shtml
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 04, 2010
namazon:

Interestingly enough, besides the fact that coke (at least the full sugar and not the aspartame riddled one) does contain quite a bit of sugar, it also contains phosphoric acid which when the body breaks this down, the acidity the amoung of hydrogen ions available) of the blood increases (when it should be more neutral or slightly alkaline (ph about 7.2).  To balance this out the free hydrogen ions end up binding with the minerals, which include calcium and magnesium.  If they aren't in the blood, the body draws calcium out of the bones which leads to weaker bones over time and eventually breakage in susceptible people.  Take home point:  stop drinking coke or at least reduce your frequency of drinking this beverage.

Reference: http://preventdisease.com/news/articles/soda_may_not_hurt_bones.shtml

God help us, Our bodies were made for water, vegetables and protein not the synthetic mess the food industry continues to churn out.
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by bilqiss(f): 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2010
namazon:

Interestingly enough, besides the fact that coke (at least the full sugar and not the aspartame riddled one) does contain quite a bit of sugar, it also contains phosphoric acid which when the body breaks this down, the acidity the amoung of hydrogen ions available) of the blood increases (when it should be more neutral or slightly alkaline (ph about 7.2).  To balance this out the free hydrogen ions end up binding with the minerals, which include calcium and magnesium.  If they aren't in the blood, the body draws calcium out of the bones which leads to weaker bones over time and eventually breakage in susceptible people.  Take home point:  stop drinking coke or at least reduce your frequency of drinking this beverage.

shocked shocked shocked

Goodness me!! I have to look for a Coke alternative asap!! But what kind of drink tastes as good with none of these em. . . poisons? I like Schweppes too though.
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by wyt(m): 9:47pm On Mar 17, 2010
it is a bleach
if u sook teeth in coke for 3 days it will disolve
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by THEAMAKA(f): 10:40pm On Mar 17, 2010
^ ^ ^
yeah i remember back in elementary school, there were always at least 3 or 4 people every year who did the tooth in coke science project. lol
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by mamagee3(f): 11:36pm On Mar 17, 2010
Who resurrected this thread?
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by Dyt(f): 6:47pm On Mar 18, 2010
Mama-gee,cant u b at peace even 4 once?
Re: Is Coca Cola Is A Killer? by Nneomaj(f): 4:41pm On Mar 28, 2010
Mama gee and the amaka wetin happen? Settle ur differences now.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Nigerian Zobo Drink / Chicken And Mushroom Sauce! / Thailand Rice- Ignored At Home, Consumed In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.