Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,020 members, 7,838,566 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead (3466 Views)

Over 400 People Dead, 1000 Injured As Massive Earthquake Hits Nepal / Breaking News: 7.1 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Off Southern Mexico / Strong Earthquake Strikes Off Northeast Japan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by emmydee(m): 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2010
chile is a very fortunate nation though it lies within the Ring of Fire. They'r fortunate because the epicenter of the quake is 184miles away from the nearest city. Thats d distance between Lagos and Umunede. or Nsukka and Bonny. Still the after shock, not even d quake itself,  made such heavy impact on the cities of concepcion and santiago. God really protected Chile. 8.8 on Richter scale is out of this world. The entire chile would have been devastated especially with the associated Tsunami. Once again, we salute u baba God.
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by ElRazur: 2:04pm On Mar 02, 2010
^^ People like you make me laugh. Funny enough this so called Baba God of yours never prevented it from happening in the first place? Sure those people who died are innocent? Or perhaps there is truly no God? Jeez.
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 02, 2010
ElRazur:

^^ People like you make me laugh. Funny enough this so called Baba God of your never prevented it from happening in the first place? Sure those people who died are innocent? Or perhaps there is truly no God? Jeez.

And why should He prevent it?
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by johnblaze1: 6:23pm On Mar 02, 2010
There are still alot of things we dont understand about nature and how it operates especially natural disasters!!!
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by ElRazur: 6:54pm On Mar 02, 2010
cultey:

And why should He prevent it?

May be "he" can't prevent it because "he" do not exist?
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by emmydee(m): 8:29pm On Mar 02, 2010
@ ElRazur:

I can now understand why u talk d way u talk.
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by blacksta(m): 10:08pm On Mar 02, 2010
Where is that dum b NegroNts and shoot2kill - to come and talk the usual cra p on how America is looking for cheap labour in Haiti and chile
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by ElRazur: 10:13pm On Mar 02, 2010
blacksta:

Where is that dum b NegroNts and shoot2kill - to come and talk the usual cra p on how America is looking for cheap labour in Haiti and chile

They did already! Well, not them but people who share the same crazy view. Just check post from one female who talked about NWO [apparently she was told by her tutor lol]
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by harakiri(m): 10:24am On Mar 03, 2010
Anyone who thinks the NWO,Illuminati amongst other clandestine elitists societies are vague conspiracies needs to get their heads checked.There is a lot going on in the world today with so much evidence of the so called "conspiracies" that only a dummy would ignore.And please, let no ignoramus ask me for proof.If you want to learn more, ask our dear friend called Google.
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by Beaf: 12:12pm On Mar 03, 2010
harakiri:

Anyone who thinks the NWO,Illuminati amongst other clandestine elitists societies are vague conspiracies needs to get their heads checked.There is a lot going on in the world today with so much evidence of the so called "conspiracies" that only a dummy would ignore.And please, let no ignoramus ask me for proof.If you want to learn more, ask our dear friend called Google.

Why waste your time?
TB Joshua and the Okija / Jankara winsh fraternity can stop earthquakes, raise the dead, kill the living and Bleep up NWO / Illuminati.
The will soon dominate the known World. cool
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by johnblaze1: 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2010
for the fact that some people do not believe in other people's views doesnt make them stupid,nobody has monopoly of knowledge. It is simply a clash of ideologies and understanding. Some believe earthquakes are natural while some believe it could be man-made, thats life everybody cannot reason the same way. Another thing to note, I believe most people on this forum are respected indviduals and as such people should respect other people's views instead of resulting in insults.
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by ElRazur: 7:25pm On Mar 03, 2010
What a load of drivel. You just stated it COULD be man made, yet all your argument is that IT IS MAN-MADE. Perhaps you should look up on the differences?  Or are you slightly shifting your position now?

Despite saying it COULD be man-made, you are yet to provide any compelling evidence that support your wild claim. Jeez. Oh wait, is this the part you ask me if I have ability or aptitude again? What a joke.
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by johnblaze1: 8:17pm On Mar 03, 2010
@elrazur
Yes, I believe earthquake can be man-made, why? because I have studied extensive materials which prove this. I have provided evidence along side others who share similar views to back up our claims but unfortunately it fell on deaf ears as some people including you felt it was insufficient, where there is nothing I can do at this point. I respect your views and hope you respect mine.
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by ElRazur: 8:34pm On Mar 03, 2010
I have always respect other people's view. I think what you are probably saying is that you do not like your views to be challenged. It is almost impossible not to challenge other people's view on a public forum. We cannot all agree on one thing.

The problem with your evidence is that, it do not fit into known science. Or at least, known facts. If it did, I won't be challenging them. If they turn out to be true, I will be the first one to offer an apology. But I am not sure it will happen. smiley i.e your theories proved compellingly as facts.
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by johnblaze1: 8:38pm On Mar 03, 2010
ok
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by JoeGaruba: 8:57pm On Mar 03, 2010
Anyone who wants to argue this is man made does not know enough about Geology/ Seismology.

8.8 is not something you can deploy HAARP or Star to simulate even if it could.

Such imaginative minds should rather channel this energy into more realistic troubleshooting attempts.

It was worth a laugh though so thanks.
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by Beaf: 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2010
john_blaze:

for the fact that some people do not believe in other people's views doesnt make them silly,nobody has monopoly of knowledge. It is simply a clash of ideologies and understanding. Some believe earthquakes are natural while some believe it could be man-made, thats life everybody cannot reason the same way. Another thing to note, I believe most people on this forum are respected indviduals and as such people should respect other people's views instead of resulting in insults.

This is so true. E.g. some believe the Earth is flat, others KNOW it is round.

I hope the following links will be illuminati illuminating;
http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by johnblaze1: 11:46pm On Mar 03, 2010
its up to you to accept or reject.There is freedom of information
Re: Massive Earthquake Strikes Chile, 122 Dead by Mariory(m): 11:43pm On Mar 04, 2010
Beaf:

This is so true. E.g. some believe the Earth is flat, others KNOW it is round.

I hope the following links will be illuminati illuminating;
http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php

OMG! BUhahahahahaha! *Rubs eyes and checks sites again* Oh my dear Lord. Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

Gooooooo Daniel! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

U.S. Aid To Africa Must Stop / . / WW3: Trump, Peloni React As Iran Attack US Troops In Iraq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.