Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,473 members, 7,823,101 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

The Other Side Of Ladipo Market - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Other Side Of Ladipo Market (16433 Views)

Find Out Cost Of Engine, Transmission Or Gearbox At Ladipo Market. / Nigerians In Shock As Us-based Man Shares Photos Of ”ladipo Market” In America / As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 21, 2017
maysimsimple:
I will be 34 years of age in 2 days time... So, I was a grown up kid when chicken George at d ladipo, palm avenue junction was trending... How are u ?? Good to see omo adugbo on naira land..

e author=gypsey post=60678252] Nice! my uncle had a shop on ojekunle street were he sold paint, near Isolo bridge but he later moved to palm Avenue.
were you born when there was a take away restaurant called CHICKEN GEORGE at the junction of ladipo and palm Avenue?,
Do you remember Aqua hospital or is it clinic? just along palm Avenue? my uncle used to take me to that resturant when ever i am in the country on holiday, i didn't grow up there but i visited numerous times some time stayed for 2 months with my uncle, he is IGBO by the way. my folks are Igbo. grin grin i was at palm Avenue recently every were has changed, do you remember buhari street off palm Avenue? olorunsogo? I am trying to remember the streets grin grin Daleko street?
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 21, 2017
igbsam:

Then you have no business being on this thread to discuss what goes down at ladipo market cos you have no idea what that market stands for or look like!

no pun intended
you may be right, but i have obviously! been to ladipo, otherwise i would not have had the experience that I had at that market grin. I wouldn't even be aware that the market existed or even discuss it if I hadn't been there and had the bad experience grin. no pun taken
if you had read my previous comments you will find that I have a business been on this thread and have also been to ladipo and knows what the place looks like. Again no pun taken grin
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by maysimsimple(m): 9:55am On Sep 21, 2017
Bro, I left there 16 years ago..though, my father's house Is still at osoro str., yes, everywhere had changed and its over crowded now which made me halt my visit to d hood. I remember all d street u stated.. Mushin ajina.. D home of d best... I still got nostalgic every Sundays when I remember how we use to play football on street of akinwunmi str.,(maracana stadia) that's how we termed it, off ladipo street.. Great place to learn about life..

author=gypsey post=60678841] Do you remember Aqua hospital or is it clinic? just along palm Avenue? my uncle used to take me to that resturant when ever i am in the country on holiday, i didn't grow up there but i visited numerous times some time stayed for 2 months with my uncle, he is IGBO by the way. my folks are Igbo. grin grin i was at palm Avenue recently every were has changed, do you remember buhari street off palm Avenue? olorunsogo? I am trying to remember the streets grin grin Daleko street? [/quote]
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by freshvine(f): 9:56am On Sep 21, 2017
gypsey:
what? shocked he was shot? they didn't blame you for his death. damn! terrible coincidence that was.
reminds me of when I was younger i met a girl and we were supposed to go for a date the next day. next day came i was exited, dressed up ready for the date, turn up at their house asked about her and her mother told me that she died the night before. shocked showed me her dead corpse, i think I went into a coma, still gets nightmares after nearly 25 years it happened.

I had a business with a medical doctor running into millions. He paid and remaining a fraction and I've been hitting on him to pay up. The last time I left his office/hospital, I threatened him I won't take it lightly if he doesn't pay me within one week. Few days past, I started ringing him but his phone was switched off and after the fourth day, it went through but he sounded unconcerned through the receiver so I decided to pay him my final visit with fire and brimstone in my heart. Approaching the hospital, I notice 4 mobile policemen around the hospital and was like, had this man imported policemen for me cos of my incessant threats and harassment?. I move to the reception and demand to see "doctor". Receptionist said that's not possible for now and ignore her warning, push my way through the corridor to his office with a mopol in hot pursuit, and both of us barging into Doctor's office.

Before doctor could complete, police take him out, the manager of the hospital came in almost immediately and took me out explaining, "doctor was kidnapped the day you last came here and was just released yesterday on a ransom of 5 million naira but he resume this morning". I ran away before the policemen around could articulate their next intention concerning me.

8 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by igbsam(m): 9:58am On Sep 21, 2017
gypsey:
you may be right, but i have obviously! been to ladipo, otherwise i would not have had the experience that I had at that market grin. I wouldn't even be aware that the market existed or even discuss it if I hadn't been there and had the bad experience grin. no pun taken
if had read my previous comments you will find that I have a business been on this thread and have also been to ladipo and knows what the place looks like. Again no pun taken grin

I did understand what you said in your last post about walking into a shop and seeing price tag on parts, paying with a credit card and then walk out with a smiling face. You should know that don't work with ladipo. price tag on tokumbo parts ? bruh, you need to bargain whatever price you are being told. They don't tag their stuffs. The market fluctuates. You forgot we work with dollar exchange here. You buy something today at a cheaper price, then you go back the following day and you'll here dollar don rise na.

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 21, 2017
maysimsimple:
Bro, I left there 16 years ago..though, my father's house Is still at osoro str., yes, everywhere had changed and its over crowded now which made me halt my visit to d hood. I remember all d street u stated.. Mushin ajina.. D home of d best... I still got nostalgic every Sundays when I remember how we use to play football on street of akinwunmi str.,(maracana stadia) that's how we termed it, off ladipo street.. Great place to learn about life..

author=gypsey post=60678841] Do you remember Aqua hospital or is it clinic? just along palm Avenue? my uncle used to take me to that resturant when ever i am in the country on holiday, i didn't grow up there but i visited numerous times some time stayed for 2 months with my uncle, he is IGBO by the way. my folks are Igbo. grin grin i was at palm Avenue recently every were has changed, do you remember buhari street off palm Avenue? olorunsogo? I am trying to remember the streets grin grin Daleko street?
yes! I remember the stadia, as I said every were has changed some of the houses has been sold and turned into banks the hospital has disappeared the whole place is so crowded and congested. my uncle used to sell cement then just along palm Avenue, i had a lot of fun visiting mushin as a whole then. how time flies. grin
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 21, 2017
freshvine:

I had a business with a medical doctor running into millions. He paid and remaining a fraction and I've been hitting on him to pay up. The last time I left his office/hospital, I threatened him I won't take it lightly if he doesn't pay me within one week. Few days past, I started ringing him but his phone was switched off and after the fourth day, it went through but he sounded unconcerned through the receiver so I decided to pay him my final visit with fire and brimstone in my heart. Approaching the hospital, I notice 4 mobile policemen around the hospital and was like, had this man imported policemen for me cos of my incessant threats and harassment?. I move to the reception and demand to see "doctor". Receptionist said that's not possible for now and ignore her warning, push my way through the corridor to his office with a mopol in hot pursuit, and both of us barging into Doctor's office.

Before doctor could complete, police take him out, the manager of the hospital came in almost immediately and took me out explaining, "doctor was kidnapped the day you last came here and was just released yesterday on a ransom of 5 million naira but he resume this morning". I ran away before the policemen around could articulate their next intention concerning me.
grin grin grin grin that is what I call coincidence! Ran away? cheesy grin
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 21, 2017
gypsey:
Rubbish! If you must know, I own 2 houses along palm Avenue, and another 2 more in ilupeju and ojekunle area I can give you the Addresses if you like. Come for a glass of champagne when ever you are in the area. You people can be too hysterical. grin when you see a kidnapper now you wouldn't even recognise him. Ewu Gambia!
Life is too short to take everything serious all the time.
Sense of humour fall on you grin
Palm Avenue based by the way

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 21, 2017
igbsam:

I did understand what you said in your last post about walking into a shop and seeing price tag on parts, paying with a credit card and then walk out with a smiling face. You should know that don't work with ladipo. price tag on tokumbo parts ? bruh, you need to bargain whatever price you are being told. They don't tag their stuffs. The market fluctuates. You forgot we work with dollar exchange here. You buy something today at a cheaper price, then you go back the following day and you'll here dollar don rise na.
No qualms! I was just explaining the world I live in which you made reference to. yes! you may be right! I was just expressing my feelings on my experience at the ladipo market, and my criticism on their dishonest way of doing business, look! if the guy I bought the brake pads from had presented me with the genuine ones i would have paid him handsomely for them. but not only did I pay handsomely he gave us the Rubbish ones grin

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 21, 2017
alexistaiwo:

Life is too short to take everything serious all the time.
Sense of humour fall on you grin
Palm Avenue based by the way
No offence taken, you are still wellcomed for a glass of champagne grin grin
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by igbsam(m): 10:22am On Sep 21, 2017
gypsey:
No qualms! I was just explaining the world I live in which you made reference to. yes! you may be right! I was just expressing my feelings on my experience at the ladipo market, and my criticism on their dishonest way of doing business, look! if the guy I bought the brake pads from had presented me with the genuine ones i would have paid him handsomely for them. but not only did I pay handsomely he gave us the Rubbish ones grin

Lol....in falz's voice "That's how some of them roll here" They tend to cash big on cheap and substandard stuffs

We get to learn everyday!
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 21, 2017
igbsam:

Lol....in falz's voice "That's how some of them roll here" They tend to cash big on cheap and substandard stuffs

We get to learn everyday!
believe me i did learn, when we returned the Rubbish ones and asked for a refund or a replacement. he replaced the Rubbish ones with another even more Rubbish ones grin. now you see what I meant?
perhaps it was my fault for turning up in an SUV Mercedes. cheesy
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by igbsam(m): 10:29am On Sep 21, 2017
gypsey:
believe me i did learn, when we returned the Rubbish ones and asked for a refund or a replacement. he replaced the Rubbish ones with another even more Rubbish ones grin. now you see what I meant?
perhaps it was my fault for turning up in an SUV Mercedes. cheesy

lol.....potential client is what they see in you

2 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by femijay8271(m): 10:57am On Sep 21, 2017
gypsey:
Rubbish! If you must know, I own 2 houses along palm Avenue, and another 2 more in ilupeju and ojekunle area I can give you the Addresses if you like. Come for a glass of champagne when ever you are in the area. You people can be too hysterical. grin when you see a kidnapper now you wouldn't even recognise him. Ewu Gambia!
baba, make I send u my acct, just 4 d wkd?
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by kendraloops(f): 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
gypsey:
Do you remember Aqua hospital or is it clinic? just along palm Avenue? my uncle used to take me to that resturant when ever i am in the country on holiday, i didn't grow up there but i visited numerous times some time stayed for 2 months with my uncle, he is IGBO by the way. my folks are Igbo. grin grin i was at palm Avenue recently every were has changed, do you remember buhari street off palm Avenue? olorunsogo? I am trying to remember the streets grin grin Daleko street?

Aqua hospital? That's where I was born. it was owned by Dr. Koffi, a very handsome halfcaste Ghanaian man. it's closed down now though, �. Till today, i still brag to my sisters that I was the only one born in a private hospital, as they were born in government hospitals. lol

2 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Coolgent(m): 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
VISTIN:
The problem is that some people don't like anybody that tells them the truth.

There are genuine parts, there are genuine people. There are first class Tokumbo parts, as good as oem, but some customers don't want to believe you.

Let me give you an example.
From stabiliser linkage for Toyota vehicles are in 2 grades for brand new, one is N3,500 and another is N25,000. They look alike but the difference is in the durability. If I tell you that stabiliser linkage is N25,000 and another person tells you N10,000, who is the criminal? Me of course.

So is with Tokumbo. Some customers want to get the best with little, it doesn't work. And one thing is that the boys want to sell, and instead of losing you because you are pricing it low, they give you what your money can offer.

But then, there are people who are still evil, no matter how much you pay, they must dupe you. So, be careful whom you are dealing with. You can have a particular person who supplies you parts. You can always hold him responsible. You must not come to LADIPO.

My advice is, have a good mechanic and always pay him well after working for, so that he doesn't work with parts seller against you. If you're stingy to your mechanic, that's a problem.

I'm not exornorating parts sellers, but I think there are still good ones.

I do my business there, and my decision is to always tell customers the truth, though it's not easy because you have to be patient. Everybody wants to get it cheaper elsewhere.

You can contact me for genuine parts. And note: if a particular part you need is not in our stock, we will get it elsewhere for you, if you don't mind.

The most important thing is that you'll get the best. We also do deliveries and pay on delivery within Lagos. God bless Nairaland.
Call or whatsapp 09090164761.
How much can i get grade 1 engine of accord 2003 2.4 ivtec
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by twentyk(m): 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
you people just mentioning my neighborhood...its good to see my people around here.....but why you guys saying its crowded nw,its always been crowded...by the way i live at ojekunle street and im a confirmed papa ajao boy,though in uni at the moment but i miss my hood......but i dnt know those places you guys mentioned except for chicken george....anyway its all good....mushin is taking a new look now,most of those old houses are being renovated and we have a lot of hotels,hospital etc springing up everywhere....trully i miss Papa Ajao...
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Ezi39: 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
Though not a bad experience but an eye opener to all: https://www.nairaland.com/3880360/experience-flea-market-vendor-ladipo
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by 360command: 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
kendraloops:

Aqua hospital? That's where I was born. it was owned by Dr. Koffi, a very handsome halfcaste Ghanaian man. it's closed down now though, �. Till today, i still brag to my sisters that I was the only one born in a private hospital, as they were born in government hospitals. lol
When I read the name of the hospital, my mind did not take me to Aqua as in water. but it took me to Aqua, a persons name from Ghana..I was right ...
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by maysimsimple(m): 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
I was birthed at osoro str., what's ur name I might know u.

e author=twentyk post=60687069]you people just mentioning my neighborhood...its good to see my people around here.....but why you guys saying its crowded nw,its always been crowded...by the way i live at ojekunle street and im a confirmed papa ajao boy,though in uni at the moment but i miss my hood......but i dnt know those places you guys mentioned except for chicken george....anyway its all good....mushin is taking a new look now,most of those old houses are being renovated and we have a lot of hotels,hospital etc springing up everywhere....trully i miss Papa Ajao...[/quote]
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Turbocharged: 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
jydeskill1:
In Ladipo, please do away with barada people. just yesterday my friend was begging to pay N8k for a side mirror but the guy refused and said it is 10k last. low and behold we got the same side mirror for N400 inside the main market. shine your eye foe ladipo.
Oga, your judgement is totally flawed. Let us assume that the person that sold the side mirror to your friend made a profit of N50. If the 1st guy agreed to sell @ N8k to your friend, he would have made some N7,650 profit instantly. So if refused to sale at such huge profit, then there are only two possibilities here. It's either your friend bought a fake product or a stolen item.
People like you and your friend are the problem, and not the Ladipo guys.

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
kendraloops:

oh! really? so that tall halfcast doctor is Ghanaian, i knew him personally I once met his daughter who is also a doctor, one Christmas time i blew my fingers off with a knock out fire works accidentally, you remember knockout right? I was admitted in that hospital the hospital was right opposite my uncle's shop 37 palm Avenue he sold cement and marble products. grin last time I was there number 37 has disappeared i was told that no 37 was burnt down by fire years back by my uncle. the hospital has been turned into a bank.
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
Reference:

Eh now, if you have to do all these then you have confirmed his assertion.
Absolutely! grin
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
360command:
When I read the name of the hospital, my mind did not take me to Aqua as in water. but it took me to Aqua, a persons name from Ghana..I was right ...
apparently yes! you were right, the doctor who owned the hospital is Ghanaian
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by twentyk(m): 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
[quote author=maysimsimple post=60690410]I was birthed at osoro str., what's ur name I might know u.
i went to lonnu nur/pry around bello str..
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by erico2k2(m): 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
gypsey:
i see! But why would I need a trusted mechanic? Does that not prove my point that the dealers of the parts are crooks?
The parts was bought by my friend unknowingly, we took it back for a refund the dealer refused to refund, why did he even sell an expired break pad to us? I mean, did he want us dead?

What boggled my mind was that instead of refunding he gave us another even worst brake pads that cost less than the first one. grin
This was waht that guy was trying to say, obviously your friend has no clue, how on earth can he not tell teh brake pad was dead??
so if he is not in the know he should go with a person in the know, google these days help, you can have a picture of waht you are looking for and compare.But those guys shaaaa ahahahah grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by erico2k2(m): 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2017
freshvine:
I've bought two long frame Toyota hiace bus from ladipo, brand new, cut but was refitted and the steering system changed to the normal driving system for Nigeria.

On our journey back to the east, one of the bus nearly caught fire as fuel was coming out from the exhaust pipe... Gazzuzz please explain.

I've also bought Toyota engine for a Toyota bus, radiator for my car, etc

Infact I love ladipo and it's behave of activities. Never a dull moment in there. I enjoyed the idomie noddle preparations there, the whistles and bustling live et all until I met a "brother" from my very village who painted picture of living like dangote but indeed living in squalor as I get to find out and he almost swindle me.

Interesting story.
That was lucky, Im sure you bought one of those fake fuel additives that eats up the ruber seal around your ejectors!
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by freshvine(f): 6:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
erico2k2:

That was lucky, Im sure you bought one of those fake fuel additives that eats up the ruber seal around your ejectors!

It was more of wire harness bypass cos the electrical system was redo. Haven't had the interest then in the working of cars, mine was to churn out the goddam money while it got fixed.
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by erico2k2(m): 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2017
freshvine:

It was more of wire harness bypass cos the electrical system was redo. Haven't had the interest then in the working of cars, mine was to churn out the goddam money while it got fixed.
that wont xplain why you got fuel in ur exhust system!, it leaked into it.
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by freshvine(f): 6:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
erico2k2:

that wont xplain why you got fuel in ur exhust system!, it leaked into it.

Engine was brand new. Had about 2500 km on it or so. It's a VVTI engine with wire plugs. No mechanical issue whatsoever.

Only change steering from right to left.

Car came in from Japan
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by erico2k2(m): 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
freshvine:

Engine was brand new. Had about 2500 km on it or so. It's a VVTI engine with wire plugs. No mechanical issue whatsoever.

Only change steering from right to left.

Car came in from Japan
ok are we talking of car with fuel in its exhaust pipe or a different one? Im a bit lost here !
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by kings09(m): 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2017
nkwuocha:

You're about to become a car owner. smiley
Amen. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Could Be Wrong With My Power Steering? / The Top 10 Futuristic Cars At Geneva Motor Show 2018 / What's Inside Channel Cuts Open Mercedes S-class Seat To Reveal How It Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.