Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car (16688 Views)

Top 10 Points To Keep Your Car Engine In Shape / Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by mediaprizm: 8:51am On Sep 24, 2019
Whether you are 16 or 40, the experience of acquiring your first car is one loaded with anticipation, exhilaration and confusion. There are numerous various models of vehicles on the market you might locate you feel lost in the sea of makes and versions. Fortunately is you do not need to be a vehicle professional or mechanic to discover as high as you can about cars (Kfz Gutachter Frankfurt). Below are some important points to think about when getting your first car:

1. How much do you need to invest?
2. The number of people will drive your car?
3. Are you looking for a small or larger version car?
4. How much are you happy to pay for gas?
5. Do you need a new car, or will a pre-owned car do?

Responding to these 5 inquiries will certainly help you set the structure for acquiring a new car while armed with knowledge. Aside from choosing the make and version car you desire, you will certainly have to calculate how much cars you can pay for on a monthly basis. The greatest blunder very first time car purchasers make is failing to determine gas expenditures and costs they will certainly sustain getting regular oil checks or car upkeep.

The very best method to determine the general expenditure of having a vehicle is to:

1. Find out the base rate of the vehicle.
2. Discover what your month-to-month settlement is if funded.
3. Calculate the amount you will invest in gas each month.
4. Compute your maintenance costs every year.
5. Figure out just how much insurance policy will certainly cost you annually.

By calculating these 5 figures, you will have a much better concept concerning just how much to invest in a car. When you purchase a new car among the initial steps you will certainly take is safeguarding insurance for your car. Car insurance policy is a have to for anybody with a cars, whether a brand-new or previously owned vehicle. A lot of funded cars will require comprehensive protection. Comprehensive insurance coverage will cover the total expense for changing an car in the event of a mishap. If you do not have to finance an car and can buy it outright, you may have the ability to decrease the amount you pay in insurance policy.

Most people nonetheless, will certainly have to finance their car, thus you will likely purchase a plan offering the optimum amount of protection. Shop around with different insurer when seeking a vehicle to see who can provide you the most effective price. Just as you would certainly look for the best price when getting a car, you ought to additionally search for the very best deal you can hop on insurance coverage.

You might locate you can likewise decrease your insurance costs by buying one design of car over another. Maintain this in mind when selecting the version car you wish to buy. You might decide to acquire a various model based upon how much it sets you back to guarantee your vehicle.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by cenaman(m): 8:53am On Sep 24, 2019
Seun #bringbackouroldnairaland

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by noble71(m): 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
ok

10 Likes

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by arodavoo(m): 3:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
Okay.. Thanks for this educative post

Meanwhile check my profile to learn importation from Turkey, China UK and USA
Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
Cash

1 Like

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by VillageHead: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
Cool

Baba God please pick my call.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by shortgun(m): 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
If you've never owned a car u will think all ur problems will vanish when u get one grin
When u finally get one u will understand that getting a car is just the primary aspect of owning one.
Nothing beats the euphoria one gets from a first car...
U can't sleep .....u will always be checking if it's still where u parked it.
U will wash it till the paint starts to fade grin
You will drive multiple times around the house of that girl that has been rejecting ur advances grin
U will compete with any vehicle u see on the road grin

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by saydfact(m): 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
ok

check my signature - thank me later
Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by ednut1(m): 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
How much are the parts in ladipo is the koko. Toyota loleshe

2 Likes

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by drips8(m): 3:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
Good posts are making FP today

1 Like

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by Writercruze: 3:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
Every educative, thank you.
Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by raymi: 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
If you have the wherewithal to purchase a car, but you don't have the common sense to check the boxes listed by the OP before making your purchase, you probably deserve any car problems you might encounter in future as a result of your negligence/naivety.

1 Like

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by CarGuideNG: 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2019

1 Like

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by PotatoSalad(m): 3:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
If you have the money, there's nothing to consider. Just take a drop to the dealership and buy the car like Mr Beast on YouTube

2 Likes

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by sylve11: 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
shortgun:
If you've never owned a car u will think all ur problems will vanish when u get one grin

First thing is to own one , the other thing is you pray your current job that enabled you to buy the car doesnt terminate. Na then you go begin give people advice if what I mentioned above happens. cool

2 Likes

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by BarrElChapo(m): 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
The kind of money my friend is currently spending on fixing his cars ehh... it will comfortably pay some people good salaries every month..... cars can be a huge liability cheesy

shortgun:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by DaddyMorenike: 3:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
noble71:
ok
Abeg gimme your note Make I photocopy.
Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by Grupo(m): 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
Copy and paste from a foreign blog or website
Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by Grupo(m): 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
BarrElChapo:
The kind of money my friend is currently spending on fixing his cars ehh... it will comfortably pay some people good salaries every month..... cars can be a huge liability cheesy

What type of car is your friend driving?
Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by shortgun(m): 3:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
BarrElChapo:

Trust naija mechanics to open a new office on ur wallet once they know u r a new car owner.
U will start hearing things like "Oga we will change the Air velocity sensor switch, the exhaust adjustment shift "grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by CarFixng: 3:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
Before you pay for a car, ensure a trusted and honest mechanic do a comprehensive check on the car to avoid long story.

1 Like

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by shamkay(m): 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
Noted
Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by Exponental(m): 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
Buy what you like...... It's psychological when you put some people's identified issues in your head. No two same cars are prone to same issues at same mileage/year, if subjected to similar usage. Enjoy your money and make the pleasure a memorable one.

2 Likes

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by TheMainMan: 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
cool
Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by Thunday1005(m): 3:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
Can't wait to get my first car

2 Likes

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by CarFixng: 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
shortgun:

Trust naija mechanics to open a new office on ur wallet once they know u r a new car owner.
U will start hearing things like "Oga we will change the Air velocity sensor switch, the exhaust adjustment shift "grin grin grin

This happens when you visit a road side mechanic. They will do trial and error on your car and use it to complete the apprentice work they did not finish with their oOga.

Nigeria car owners will see a good standard vehicle repair workshop and run away with a mindset that its expensive even without making any effort to find out how much they charge.

"Hey you go to greedy kamoru who probably did not complete his training before running off to set up a workshop, and you expect him not to kamoru your car and your wallet"

Need a Good and Affordable Mechanic in Abuja, Check my signature below.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by webngnews: 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2019
Good
Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by dalongjnr: 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
shortgun:
When u finally get one u will understand that getting a car is just the primary aspect of owning one.
Nothing beats the euphoria one gets from a first car...
U can't sleep .....u will always be checking if it's still where u parked it.
U will wash it till the paint starts to fade grin
You will drive multiple times around the house of that girl that has been rejecting ur advances grin
U will compete with any vehicle u see on the road grin
Hehehehe...you talk am,well. Experience na teacher oh.
Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by bluediesel03: 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
I'm yet to buy my first car,but I have bought two dump trucks

1 Like

Re: Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car by sallyopy(f): 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
cenaman:
Seun #bringbackouroldnairaland
na beg me a de beg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? / 5 Amazing Advantages Of Manual Transmission Vehicles You Never Knew / Rolls Royce & Bentley : Shared History, Separated At Rebirth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.