Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box - Forum Games (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box (53838 Views)

Riddles That Can Crack Your Brain / Brain Teaser: Can You Solve These Riddles? / 12 riddles Only A true Genius Can Solve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by mrMeen(m): 12:25am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
9. Three guests check into a hotel room.

The clerk says the bill is $30, so each guest pays $10.

Later the clerk realizes the bill should only be $25.

To rectify this, he gives the bellhop $5 to return to the guests.

On the way to the room, the bellhop realizes that he cannot divide the money equally.

As the guests didn't know the total of the revised bill, the bellhop decides to just give each guest $1 and keep$2 for himself.

Each guest got $1 back: so now each guest only paid$9; bringing the total paid to $27.

The bellhop has $2.

And $27 + $2= $29 so, if the guests originally handed over $30,

what happened to the remaining $1?
tough question but let me attempt to solve it.
in the first place the sum total of 27+2 is wrong because it does not include the 25$ already in possession of the clark. so I think this 27 already included the 2$ in the possession of the bellhop so to add it to the 27$ is double counting it. but the 3$ the bellhop gave to the guests is not a part the 27$ so 27 + 3 = 30.
hope I tried.

38 Likes

Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by Emerikoss: 12:26am On Sep 15, 2017
fadario:

He is a midget (a very, very small person). He can't reach the upper elevator buttons, but he can ask people to push them for him.
Twale for this your copy and paste

6 Likes

Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by mrMeen(m): 12:38am On Sep 15, 2017
mrMeen:
tough question but let me attempt to solve it.
in the first place the sum total of 27+2 is wrong because it does not include the 25$ already in possession of the clark. so I think this 27 already included the 2$ in the possession of the bellhop so to add it to the 27$ is double counting it. but the 3$ the bellhop gave to the guests is not a part the 27$ so 27 + 3 = 30.
hope I tried.
let me explain this again from another angle. the Clark was given 10$ by each guest which will total to 30$. but the Clark realising the actual amount to be paid is 25$ gave the bellhop 5$ to give to guests.

the bellhop realising that he cannot share the money equally took 2$ and shared 1$ to each guest.

this should be the 25$ in possession of the Clark + the 2$ in possession of the bellhop + the 3$ in possession of the guests =25 + 2 + 3 = 30$.

the trick here is the false summation of 27 + 2

42 Likes

Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by vickobon(m): 12:40am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
More
Paw Paw
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by ibro360(m): 1:10am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
I
yes 4

1 Like

Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by ibro360(m): 1:11am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
Biafra
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by grinface98(m): 1:13am On Sep 15, 2017
ovieokodhi:
banana for coconut tree?
shocked shocked
I dull sha

1 Like

Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by oshemus: 1:24am On Sep 15, 2017
This goes to show how shallow nairalanders reason, yet they make noise on every topic as if they know it all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by Ryabcool(m): 2:10am On Sep 15, 2017
ovieokodhi:
oga they arrived together
The riddle doesn't say they all arrived on foot. Think out of the box man

1 Like

Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by ruggedtimi(m): 2:41am On Sep 15, 2017
You can see me in water, but I never get wet. What am I?
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by LOVEGINO(m): 3:20am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
I
arrange d sticks in figure 4 shape grin
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by paiz: 3:48am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
Those living in Abia state
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by Edopesin: 6:11am On Sep 15, 2017
oshemus:
This goes to show how shallow nairalanders reason, yet they make noise on every topic as if they know it all.
Guy Its Uhr Own Reasoning That Is Shallow Frm What I Can See

6 Likes

Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by tk4rd: 7:04am On Sep 15, 2017
terrymason:
just write out number 4 on the ground with the match stick.... that 1 na 4 abii tongue
IV

1 Like

Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 15, 2017
Emerikoss:

Twale for this your copy and paste

Yes o. I no even get power to think sef ���
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by jericco1(m): 7:57am On Sep 15, 2017
Na this kind riddles dey make brain pain person.
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by Mikee7(m): 8:12am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
Five men are going through the street.

It starts raining.

Four of them start moving faster.

The fifth man makes no effort to run from rain, however, he stays dry.

The other four get wet anyway.

All of them arrive at their destination together.

How could this be possible?
not sure If it's been answered but I believe car
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by yakamata(m): 8:14am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:

A river

3 Likes

Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by Mikee7(m): 8:14am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
Atlas I guess
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by Mikee7(m): 8:15am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
the one at the banana tree
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by Gidoka(m): 8:31am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
More

mango
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by kilojoDesigns: 8:56am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
At the beginning of WW1, British soldiers wore brown cloth caps.

But many soldiers were suffering from head injuries.

The officials were worried about that so they issued an order to make helmets for their soldiers.

However, the number of soldiers with head injuries increased after the change was made.

Why do you think that happened?

because the general number of soldiers increased as well
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by kilojoDesigns: 8:59am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
I
Yes you can make the three sticks form the number "4"
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by sben2308(m): 9:03am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
Five men are going through the street.
It starts raining.
Four of them start moving faster.
The fifth man makes no effort to run from rain, however, he stays dry.
The other four get wet anyway.
All of them arrive at their destination together.

How could this be possible?

He was driving

1 Like

Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by simiboy22: 9:09am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
More
mango
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by pamcode(m): 9:13am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
More
Cherry fruit /Agbalumo
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:30am On Sep 15, 2017
fabulousbrainzz:
Head injuries increase because the number of dead men reduced... Initially, there were more dead soldiers than head injuries...

Correct answer. Survivorship bias

2 Likes

Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by hanastazia(f): 10:02am On Sep 15, 2017
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by hanastazia(f): 10:04am On Sep 15, 2017
grinface98:
The bird of course
check again..Banana on a Coconut tree??
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by rman: 10:04am On Sep 15, 2017
Explorers:
A man lives on a 10th floor of some building. Every morning he takes the elevator to the ground floor to go shopping for groceries.

When he comes back, he takes the elevator to the 7th floor and continues by stairs to reach his apartment on the 10th floor.

Why?

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Do elevators have 7th floor?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by fabulousbrainzz(m): 10:07am On Sep 15, 2017
So what's the answer
somehow:
It says 5 men, hence the reason I am letting you know a corpse is no longer tagged as a man. So that analogy is out of it
Re: Great Riddles That Will Make You Think Outside The Box by somehow: 10:07am On Sep 15, 2017
I am not sure but definitely not the answer bases on the question
fabulousbrainzz:
So what's the answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Word Association Game / Re: Post What's On Your Mind Right Now (Part 2) / First Impression:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.