Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,052 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. (16637 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by slap1(m): 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2010
Wat does ya gal do for a living?
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by H2O2: 8:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
Lol @ inadequate information. Well put. I was about to say it depends on his lifestyle.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by na2day2(m): 8:56pm On Mar 03, 2010
hassymo5:

Pls advice needed, can i marry my girlfriend wit a salary of 40,000 monthly

baba God is ur muscle, with him nothing is impossible ooo but think am well well sha
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by latepa(m): 9:02pm On Mar 03, 2010
wait until you have one million naira fool
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2010
@ Poster, e clear say u like suffer head.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2010
Hope your wife-to-be is not below 25 years cause if she is, first make sure u own a car and a decent home otherwise, u r in for a quick divorce cause any form of hardship is not in their dictionary, this modern girls don't believe in riding molue or brt. A little hardship and she will be an easy prey to all those rich guys dat enjoys taking anoda poor chaps wife.  

however, if she is 27 and above, she will do all it takes to make the marriage work cause she will always remember all her fasting and prayers for a husband. She will stand by you even if you are earning 15k per month. unless of course if she is one those ladies that are naturally wayward.

anywho, the choice is yours to make. life is all about experiment. make the jump so some of us can learn from your experience weather good or bad.

best of luck.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by PastorOla1: 9:19pm On Mar 03, 2010
Why not, If not, with the fear of The Lord
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by LFJ: 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2010
Fingers are not equal, and what is reasonable or adequate to Mr. A may not be to Mr. B. There are people with 40k per month that leave better life even than people with 100K. The moment you know your level and accept you fate then you are good to go, we are the manager of our own life.
If we see it as a taboo for somebody that is earning 40k to marry because of his low income; somebody earning 200k can as well come the conclusion that it as abomination for somebody earning 100k to marry and the same time have a car.
Money is not everything, if you are very sure with your life style that your 40k can provide you and your new wife the required love and happiness to build a future then do it now and start working for better future.

REAL TRUTH:

That is why I suggest that for any young couple getting married,,,,both of them should be "earners" atleast for the start of their marriage,,,,No job whatsoever is guaranteed,,,,even if the man looses his,,he could fall back on his wife support pending when things gets better,,,
In your scenerio,,,a banker who just lost his job and got married to a lady who is not working would suffer many things,,one of which might likely be the lady leaving the man,,,I have said it before,,,there is no pity in marriage ,,,nobody should pity U and U should'nt pity anybody,,
However for a smart banker whose wife is working or probably engaged in business to support the home,,if the banker looses his job,,,he would fall back on his wife for assistance pending when things gets better,,,This life is too tough and too hard for people not to think deeply b4 getting married,,,,

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by rickie4us(m): 9:30pm On Mar 03, 2010
you can get married ,

as long as you don't borrow , fine
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by aseju: 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2010
Oga, that is a tall order o but reach-able.
How do you fair with the income now as a bachelor? If the lady in question will bring in sometin then you may be looking at shared responsibilities for a start i.e. somebody pays rent etc, somebody buys food stuff etc. One room face-me-i-face-u should do and hold off on having kids for now. Both of you have to be committed to this union because life go hard small o. But then what have you done or planning to do to better your lot. If this fits into your goals abeg go for it.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by MsTom(f): 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2010
If you have an understanding girl and You and your girl are ready to live within your means, then go ahead.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by ola4yinka(m): 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2010
LUKE 12 , vs 22-28
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by pannyman(m): 10:22pm On Mar 03, 2010
I can't believe that peeps here are telling the poster straight off to go ahead and get married. They are not considering the cost of living in Nigeria today.

There is accommodation, transportation, health care costs, feeding, relatives (whether you like it or not), clothing, social responsiblities like church activities. There are so many responsibilities you will be faced with once you are married. Your in-laws are there too. Plus when the babies start falling in.

@ poster, you better sit down and think this matter through thoroughly before you go ahead and marry. Being constantly in debt because you cannot make end meet is no joke.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Holesher(m): 10:31pm On Mar 03, 2010
If you can not marry with 40k you wont marry with 400k and you will remain a bachelor.
trash
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by BIGPEACE(m): 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2010
Your expenditure really unts on this case. are you an extravagant person?, does your wife-to-be like outings? You can do all things through Christ who strenghtens you. i know a man who lives on 8k with wife and 3 kids. at times i wonder how he does it but the truth is that determination is the key thing. do the wedding and leave the rest to God. i dint mean do the wedding and stop working o! ehen.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 03, 2010
It's possible, with a lot of scrimping, and going without.

Personally, I wouldn't want to get married on a N40,000 salary.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by no1madman(m): 10:56pm On Mar 03, 2010
D best way to predict d future is to create it. . delay will only give u stress. . .
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by VPG: 10:57pm On Mar 03, 2010
@poster if she's the one for you wey baba God pick, my guy you better jump on am cos na your blessing be that. I make 600, 000/month and i'm still asking the same question you asking. and like someone said earlier on people make wey less than that and they gat family. My boy's driver makes only 15,000 and he's gat wife and kids. So ma guy go for it and let God take over the rest.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by ravenzord(m): 12:16am On Mar 04, 2010
@ OP: Yeah, you can get married at anytime, since you might receive financial help from family members and friends, the question is, can you stay married? You've got to realize that marriage is a lifetime investment, and that you'll be affecting a lot of lives with your decisions, including the lives of your unborn children. It doesn't matter if you think you're in love right now, lack of finances tends to be a strain on even the strongest of loves, what happens when your wife needs to go shopping, or you start having kids? My 2yr old cousin pays 24000 as nursery school fees, that's more than half your present salary, before you think of feeding, then rent, then maintenace. . .the list's endless. I'll advice you to look for something that would raise more steady income for you, then start planning towards marriage, if the woman in question loves you she'll wait for you.

BTW, before you think of taking the advice of all the people telling you to get married, note that they keep mentioning people in the lowest classes; bricklayers, gatemen, do you want your children to grow up living like a gateman's children?
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Mobinga: 12:33am On Mar 04, 2010
if i earn 40k a month i wont bother gettin married, its people like u dat bear 4 kids at once, dont be stupid
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by adconline(m): 12:39am On Mar 04, 2010
what is it that you have not accomplished that you might accomplish if you get married with one line income? Is it possible to wait a little and work a lot more in order to improve your finances? If your gf is not making any money, maybe she can get a job. Two incomes are better than one. Think about the financial stability of your kids? Do you want them to attend the same primary,and secondary schools u attended. It would be better if you could give them a leg up in life.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Freiburger(m): 12:54am On Mar 04, 2010
It's not the figure of a man's salary that makes him comfortable, but how he spent that salary is what matters.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Finecat(m): 12:59am On Mar 04, 2010
Kai, see as Nairaland women stay away from this thread. Naija women no wan associate or answer a poor man question. My brother, think it over you are the only one who knows your situation.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by na2day2(m): 1:16am On Mar 04, 2010
MsTom:

If you have an understanding girl and You and your girl are ready to live within your means, then go ahead.

some girls will say yes initially bcuz they just want to get married and have a kid as a trophy of their womanhood but when they start listening to their friends or seeing their friends getting good stuff from their hubbies and her hubby cant catch up, her eyes will start to wander and she begin to either stress the poor guy out or play away games
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by MsTom(f): 2:21am On Mar 04, 2010
na2day?:

some girls will say yes initially bcuz they just want to get married and have a kid as a trophy of their womanhood but when they start listening to their friends or seeing their friends getting good stuff from their hubbies and her hubby cant catch up, her eyes will start to wander and she begin to either stress the poor guy out or play away games.

That is a case of a non-understanding woman. With that kind of a woman, if you earn 4million per month, it wont be enuff. The key is being able to live within your income. There are men who earn way less than that and they have wives and kids and they are happy. They live within their means. It is possible but it is all about the individual. If everyone is saying never, what happens when you earn 600k per month, get married and then lose the job. What would you do? walk out? Dont think so.( even though some would do just that ). If the girl would not be the understanding type, do not get married.( I expect the guy to open his eyes wide for clues. Love should not be blind).

Finecat:

Kai, see as Nairaland women stay away from this thread. Naija women no wan associate or answer a poor man question. My brother, think it over you are the only one who knows your situation.
lol. A man is blessed when he finds the right kind of woman and of cos vice versa
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by na2day2(m): 3:12am On Mar 04, 2010
MsTom:

That is a case of a non-understanding woman. With that kind of a woman, if you earn 4million per month, it wont be enuff. The key is being able to live within your income. There are men who earn way less than that and they have wives and kids and they are happy. They live within their means. It is possible but it is all about the individual. If everyone is saying never, what happens when you earn 600k per month, get married and then lose the job. What would you do? walk out? Dont think so.( even though some would do just that ). If the girl would not be the understanding type, do not get married.( I expect the guy to open his eyes wide for clues. Love should not be blind).

MsTom, Jerry here, no vex na, i am just telling u what the state of the union in naija girls kingdom is today, if u doubt me biko read all these NL girls post on r/s and tell me what u see. wink wink
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by jumobi1(m): 4:51am On Mar 04, 2010
some of you fail to realize people live different lifestyles. Poor people can get married so what tha hell?
(Not saying the hommie is poor)
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Nobody: 5:40am On Mar 04, 2010
^^^^^

as far as nl chicks are concerned, marriage, like telephone is not for the 'poor'
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by na2day2(m): 5:42am On Mar 04, 2010
oyb:

^^^^^

as far as nl chicks are concerned, marriage, like telephone is not for the 'poor'

DEATH! ! ! grin grin grin grin dem go dey preach, na love i go chop but when the guy dump them for someone else, dem go dey hala, but i loved him, criminals! grin grin grin grin
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by VPG: 7:00am On Mar 04, 2010
MsTom:

But where are these understanding women for every 500 women out there you will probably find 1 understanding woman and even that one self u gats to back it up with prayer and fasting for her to remain that way.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by disturbia: 7:23am On Mar 04, 2010
@ poster

Before you get married, consider you and your wife's accommodation and feeding before you think of anything else. If you can take care of these then ok Go ahead!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband Sacked From Bank Job / What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members / A Nairalander Bathing A Baby And Changing Diaper(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.