Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Selena Gomez Undergoes Kidney Transplant Donated By Close Friend - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Selena Gomez Undergoes Kidney Transplant Donated By Close Friend (339 Views)

Peter Okoye Undergoes Hair Transplant Surgery To Look Good For Fans / Amaechi Muonagor Begs For Financial Support For Kidney Transplant In India / My Friend Did Cosmetic Surgery With N1.5m I Gave Her For Mum's Kidney Transplant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Selena Gomez Undergoes Kidney Transplant Donated By Close Friend by Bloggernaij: 11:30am On Sep 15, 2017
Popular American Singer and Actress, Selena Gomez has revealed that she had undergone a kidney transplant this year.

Sharing a photo of her and Francia Rais on the hospital bed on Instagram, she said the kidney was donated by her long time friend, Francia Raisa.

Miss Gomez, unable to hide her joyful feelings of her dear friend wrote –

“There aren’t words to describe how I can possibly thank my beautiful friend Francia Raisa,”

“She gave me the ultimate gift and sacrifice by donating her kidney to me. I am incredibly blessed. I love you so much, sis.” she added.

The actress also revealed that a disease known as Lupus was responsible for the need of a kidney transplant.

Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disease that occurs when your body's immune system attacks your own tissues and organs. Inflammation caused by lupus can affect many different body systems such as the joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, brain, heart, and lungs.

The singer, who has been unable to promote her latest music due to the surgery said.

"I'm very aware some of my fans had noticed I was laying low for part of the summer and questioning why I wasn't promoting my new music, which I was extremely proud of.

SEE ALSO - Loved up photos of Seyi Law’s Daughter

She continued, "I honestly look forward to sharing with you, soon my journey through these past several months as I have always wanted to do with you. Until then I want to publicly thank my family and incredible team of doctors for everything they have done for me prior to and post-surgery."

https://www.bloggernaija.com/selena-gomez-undergoes-kidney-transplant-donated-close-friend/

(1) (Reply)

Ouch: Eedris Abdulkareem Calls D’banj Talent-less / VIDEO: Fans Go Gaga For Oritsefemi Perfoming ‘double Wahala’ @ DJ Xclusive / Taylor Swift Announces 'the Swift Life' Social Media App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.