Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Purchasing A New Kia Rio - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Purchasing A New Kia Rio (17972 Views)

Need Advice As Regards Purchasing A Lexus RX 300 / Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / Brand New Kia Cerato Vs Used Japanese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purchasing A New Kia Rio by ccog(m): 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
My bro has been using his 2006 model rio since 2007(5 yrs on) he is still enjoying it. I am planning to buy mine soon. I have driven his and I enjoyed it.
Re: Purchasing A New Kia Rio by steffans(m): 8:15am On Aug 20, 2012
Hw much is d 2011-2012 Kia Cerato...Manual and Automatic
Re: Purchasing A New Kia Rio by easterbabe(f): 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
I bought my KIA RIO from Dana and it's been so good. It will be 3yrs in March.
Re: Purchasing A New Kia Rio by yungboss(m): 4:59am On Jan 21, 2013
easterbabe: I bought my KIA RIO from Dana and it's been so good. It will be 3yrs in March.
congrats, you made the better decision.
Re: Purchasing A New Kia Rio by mikkyphp(m): 11:38am On Jan 21, 2013
Fantastic decision @easterbabe.
don't mind all this Tokumboh Honda/toyota apologists that have made 1999 camry still cost as much as 900k! grin
Re: Purchasing A New Kia Rio by aesquare1: 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2015
Kia Rio in Nigeria comes in about 4 models. The base model is without airbags while the others have 2,4 or 6 airbags depending on the model one choses. The premium model comes with Bluetooth and thumb start.
Re: Purchasing A New Kia Rio by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
The only advantage of these vehicles bought brand new Is dat no problem for the first 3yrs of ownership. But the latest model Hyundai elantra I saw @ my mechanic workshop squeezed like paper and funny enough the airbags didn't deploy. it makes u wonder about the substandard cars Dana motors bring into the country. As For me if a car doesn't have US specs safety features , i don't go near such cars. Safety first before anything because your life has no photocopy in your office drawer.
Re: Purchasing A New Kia Rio by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
dumo1:
The only advantage of these vehicles bought brand new Is dat no problem for the first 3yrs of ownership. But the latest model Hyundai elantra I saw @ my mechanic workshop squeezed like paper and funny enough the airbags didn't deploy. it makes u wonder about the substandard cars Dana motors bring into the country. As For me if a car doesn't have US specs safety features , i don't go near such cars. Safety first before anything because your life has no photocopy in your office drawer.
That same elantra got excellent crash test rating in the US. Nigerians should start speaking out against those suspect quality being imported from Asia by Auto firms in Nigeria.
Re: Purchasing A New Kia Rio by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2015
aesquare1:
Kia Rio in Nigeria comes in about 4 models. The base model is without airbags while the others have 2,4 or 6 airbags depending on the model one choses. The premium model comes with Bluetooth and thumb start.
The lx trim is the base model in North America. It comes with 6 airbags.
Re: Purchasing A New Kia Rio by soulspride(m): 9:59am On Aug 02, 2020
Not to spoil anyone's Market o
Was just passing by and saw this thread.
I own a kia rio 2019, got 4 months ago as official car from my place of work.
I can tell you that its not built to last and you can tell just by driving it.
So many things has been stripped off of it .. i guess I could tell cos I used to deal in cars.
Things the ordinary person might not notice.
The shocks are already giving way, the cabin noise has increased, ticking sound coming from the engine, creeking sounds from the roof, all under 5k miles and servicing with the authorised dana dealership as at when due.
Response is poor, dont try crossing a busy road sharply, it will disappoint.
Sound system is a joke.
See all those encouraging u to get one are their marketers, not the real users.
Cars cant be taken to the average mechanics cos they'll add to ur problems. Now the so called authorised Dana dealers will REAP YOU OFF! I guarantee it.
Getting a kia in nigeria can be likened to strolling into a cell deliberately. No escape. You will cough out money from ur nose for those guys.
Should u try to sell it, the resale value is less than 50% of ur purchase cost.
My brother, you're better off with a Toyota from 2002.
It will give u greater rest of mind.
I've not seen one of my older colleagues with good lasting experience using those crap.
Don't come for me o these Dana dogs.
a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Purchasing A New Kia Rio by eligwe2019: 1:28am On Aug 03, 2020
Nicols:
@ Nissparts,
That's the only honest and unbiased response I've seen on this thread.
lmao.... U bad o
Re: Purchasing A New Kia Rio by antoniobaresi(m): 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2021
Abeg oh, U see that Kia Rio car....it's a living nightmare!! It has been from one problem to another with my Kia Rio 2012 model, today is brake sensor, calipers, electric this, electric that.....always having firing problems....abeg run away from Kia matter mbok!
Re: Purchasing A New Kia Rio by diportivo: 6:21am On Jan 06, 2021
antoniobaresi:
Abeg oh, U see that Kia Rio car....it's a living nightmare!! It has been from one problem to another with my Kia Rio 2012 model, today is brake sensor, calipers, electric this, electric that.....always having firing problems....abeg run away from Kia matter mbok!

did u buy it new?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture of your Car / The Parking Charges In Abia State And Penalties Following Breach (Photo) / 10 Reasons Why You Should Learn To Drive The Manual Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.