Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce (2593 Views)

Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce / Pastor Chris Ojigbani Corrects Apostle Suleman’s Wrong Teaching On Divorce / Pastor Chris Ojibani corrects Apostle Suleman's Wrong Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by olamefun1990(m): 10:21am On Sep 16, 2017
I am here to correct an error made by one Pastor Suleman Johnson. I watched one of the videos where he spoke on divorce. He actually encouraged divorce and I cried in my heart.

I was so shocked when I watched the video. The most annoying part of it is the fact that he used the law court to support his teaching. In Christianity, it is very wrong to use the law as your basis of teaching. In Christianity, we use the Holy Bible as our basis of authority. So let us go to the Bible and correct the wrong teaching.

What has the Bible got to say concerning divorce? The first thing I would like you to know about marriage is that marriage is a covenant, a covenant between a man and his wife, and God confirms it. What I have just said now, can it be found in the Bible? Yes! In the book of Malachi 2:14, the Bible says that marriage is a covenant between you and the wife of your youth. And the Bible also says in that verse that the God is a witness in the covenant. In other words, when a man gets married, he has entered into a covenant with his wife and in that covenant, God is a witness. God confirms the covenant.

The next question is: Can a lie before a marriage dissolve the marriage covenant? The answer is no. The moment a person enters into a covenant, nothing can dissolve it. A covenant simply means an agreement. Once you enter into an agreement with someone and another person signs as a witness, then nothing can dissolve that covenant. So what I have just said, can it be found in the Bible? Yes!

In the book of Galatians 3:15, the Bible says, though it be but a man’s covenant yet if it be entered into and is confirmed, it can no longer be disannulled. The moment you enter into a covenant, it can no longer be dissolved. That is the simple truth.

The next question I would like to answer is this: is there any one that was deceived into marriage in the Bible? Let’s find out if someone like that exists and let’s find out whether the marriage was dissolved after the deceit or the marriage stayed. Somebody like that exists and his name was Jacob. Jacob was deceived into marrying Leah. He didn’t want to marry Leah. He hated Leah. He loved Rachael. He thought he was getting married to Rachael. He did not know it was Leah because Leah’s face was covered. In the morning, he realized it was Leah he got married to and there was nothing he could do about it because he was already married. He had already entered into the covenant, so he couldn’t do anything about it and the marriage stayed. It is very clear. In Christianity, we do not support people to divorce because the woman does not have a womb or because the man is impotent. That is very wrong. Rather than teaching them to divorce, it is better you pray for them. You should pray for the woman to have a new womb. You should pray for the impotent man to impregnate his wife. God is still in the business of performing miracles. He has not stopped performing miracles. Rather than asking people to divorce, pray for them and they will have their desired miracles. That is what Christianity is all about, especially if you are a man of God. You should pray for people to have their desired miracles rather than teaching them to divorce.

Do you know the extent of damage this wrong teaching has done to the kingdom, in the Christian community? Do you know how many people are planning to divorce now because of this wrong teaching?

I would like to state here that this is not a personal spite against Pastor Suleman Johnson. No! It is not at all. I don’t even know him personally. All I am doing is to correct the wrong teaching so that people are not led astray.

So why am I correcting it? Because it is a mandate from God. The next question is: Is this mandate in the Bible? Yes! It can be found in Book of 2 Timothy 4:2. In that scripture, the Bible says rebuke and correct wrong doctrines and that is exactly what I am doing. I also want to use this opportunity to sound a note of warning to others. Make sure y

Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by Homeboiy: 10:23am On Sep 16, 2017
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by GavelSlam: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2017
Who is Pastor Chris?

He's too small, too small to be talking to Suleiman.

Na joke o.
Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by NwaAmaikpe: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2017
shocked

I get confused

When a pastor accused of adultery by his own wife who eventually divorces him

Corrects

A pastor who was accused of adultery by a prostitute and has been proven beyond reasonable doubts to be improperly involved with a few wayward actresses.

With that said, I strongly believe
There should be honour amongst thieves.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by hopefulLandlord: 10:29am On Sep 16, 2017
just in case
Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by zionmde: 10:33am On Sep 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I get confused

Corrects

A pastor who was accused of adultery by a prostitute and has been proven beyond reasonable doubts to be improperly involved with a few wayward actresses.

They were all accused right?
Pst Chris was divorced right?
Did Pst Chris divorce?
Have u ever been accused for wat u didn't do?
So would u want people to always take u as the person u were wrongly accused to be?
I hope u are not a Christian because if u re one then shame on u

Its foolishness to make others laugh at the detriment of ur own soul. Go and ask a madman who dances on the street and entertains onlookers if anyone ever takes him serious

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 16, 2017
But Jacob went ahead and married Rachel; a second wife. Jacob's solution! Isn't that another angle to look at it? You can't opt out but you can take a second one and make yourself happy. Isn't that polygamy? Ayam not understanding.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by AWOisaCOWARD: 10:55am On Sep 16, 2017
Luke 16:18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery:and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Matthew 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

No divorce recorded in the Bible. True Christians don't divorce rather they pray for directions b4 getting married and anything that would have caused divorce will be taken care of while the prayer lasts.
Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by petra1(m): 11:17am On Sep 16, 2017
This is a lie . Pastor Chris can not bring himself so low to criticize other pastors as a principle . Even if he condemns a doctrine at all he would not call the name of the whoever . Maybe the op copied from another Chris but not Chris oyakhilome .

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by An2elect2(f): 1:20pm On Sep 16, 2017
I am not that dumb to believe mr Chris would be dumb enough to criticise his co-partner in robbery and deceit. Wolves have an uncanny way of covering up for one another except for very rare cases.

Their code is "keep silent" "dont judge"
Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by DJperdurabo: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2017
olamefun1990:
I am here to correct an error made by one Pastor Suleman Johnson. I watched one of the videos where he spoke on divorce. He actually encouraged divorce and I cried in my heart.

I was so shocked when I watched the video. The most annoying part of it is the fact that he used the law court to support his teaching. In Christianity, it is very wrong to use the law as your basis of teaching. In Christianity, we use the Holy Bible as our basis of authority. So let us go to the Bible and correct the wrong teaching.

What has the Bible got to say concerning divorce? The first thing I would like you to know about marriage is that marriage is a covenant, a covenant between a man and his wife, and God confirms it. What I have just said now, can it be found in the Bible? Yes! In the book of Malachi 2:14, the Bible says that marriage is a covenant between you and the wife of your youth. And the Bible also says in that verse that the God is a witness in the covenant. In other words, when a man gets married, he has entered into a covenant with his wife and in that covenant, God is a witness. God confirms the covenant.

The next question is: Can a lie before a marriage dissolve the marriage covenant? The answer is no. The moment a person enters into a covenant, nothing can dissolve it. A covenant simply means an agreement. Once you enter into an agreement with someone and another person signs as a witness, then nothing can dissolve that covenant. So what I have just said, can it be found in the Bible? Yes!

In the book of Galatians 3:15, the Bible says, though it be but a man’s covenant yet if it be entered into and is confirmed, it can no longer be disannulled. The moment you enter into a covenant, it can no longer be dissolved. That is the simple truth.

The next question I would like to answer is this: is there any one that was deceived into marriage in the Bible? Let’s find out if someone like that exists and let’s find out whether the marriage was dissolved after the deceit or the marriage stayed. Somebody like that exists and his name was Jacob. Jacob was deceived into marrying Leah. He didn’t want to marry Leah. He hated Leah. He loved Rachael. He thought he was getting married to Rachael. He did not know it was Leah because Leah’s face was covered. In the morning, he realized it was Leah he got married to and there was nothing he could do about it because he was already married. He had already entered into the covenant, so he couldn’t do anything about it and the marriage stayed. It is very clear. In Christianity, we do not support people to divorce because the woman does not have a womb or because the man is impotent. That is very wrong. Rather than teaching them to divorce, it is better you pray for them. You should pray for the woman to have a new womb. You should pray for the impotent man to impregnate his wife. God is still in the business of performing miracles. He has not stopped performing miracles. Rather than asking people to divorce, pray for them and they will have their desired miracles. That is what Christianity is all about, especially if you are a man of God. You should pray for people to have their desired miracles rather than teaching them to divorce.

Do you know the extent of damage this wrong teaching has done to the kingdom, in the Christian community? Do you know how many people are planning to divorce now because of this wrong teaching?

I would like to state here that this is not a personal spite against Pastor Suleman Johnson. No! It is not at all. I don’t even know him personally. All I am doing is to correct the wrong teaching so that people are not led astray.

So why am I correcting it? Because it is a mandate from God. The next question is: Is this mandate in the Bible? Yes! It can be found in Book of 2 Timothy 4:2. In that scripture, the Bible says rebuke and correct wrong doctrines and that is exactly what I am doing. I also want to use this opportunity to sound a note of warning to others. Make sure y

Preach it preacher!!!

I am not advocating for the good pastor nor the revered apostle but Pastor Chris in my opinion is 100% on point this time around!

C'mon christian folks! Open your eyes, minds, don't you have a bible for pete sake?! Apostle Sulaiman from my Sunday school lessons is teaching biblical fallacy! Never minding his stature in christian circles, the man is plain wrong biblically!

And I must commend Pastor Chris for being this bold as a man as controversial as he is, with so much "hate" directed at him is setting himself up for real lambasting from the media and society (read: his own divorce wahala) but, we can see that the man has decided to put himself at the mercy of jabs and taunts from the public to defend what it right, to reprove, rebuke, chastise and correct erroneous teachings. This is a classic case where someone living in a so-called glass house is throwing stones as he has more than a house built with glass to protect; he has the immortal souls of millions to protect!

More shine to the leather in your Bible Pastor !

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by DJperdurabo: 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2017
luxy44:
But Jacob went ahead and married Rachel; a second wife. Jacob's solution! Isn't that another angle to look at it? You can't opt out but you can take a second one and make yourself happy. Isn't that polygamy? Ayam not understanding.

The issue at stake is not about Polygamy rather it is whether it is right for a Christian to divorce his/her spouse. We are not talking about the aftermath for now.

Jacob couldn't divorce Leah whether lied to or not. That is the important point. What he did thereafter is not germane to the discussion or issue at hand.

Apostle Suleiman's teaching is biblically flawed 100%. It may find acceptance via secular laws but, when did secular law start trumping divine biblical precepts with respect to the practice of true Christianity?
Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by Ericsdm55(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2017
GavelSlam:
Who is Pastor Chris?

He's too small, too small to be talking to Suleiman.[/b
[b]Na joke o.

I don't believe anyone with the spirit of God is too small to address issues of his/her father's children(church). God is not a respecter of persons, both he honour all those who hold His word in truth and in spirit.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by DJperdurabo: 2:04pm On Sep 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I get confused

Corrects

Even if what you accused the pastor of is correct, don't you think it speaks good of him to brave the likes of you (considering your comment) and others far worse (as from your comment you were even "considerate" as if this thread makes FP, Pastor Chris will be torn to shreds courtesy of NLers).

You see, it tells much about a man's intrinsic character when he can stand on the side of good despite having compelling reasons not to (other pastors may not want to draw attention to themselves considering their "marital" status).

Once again, I laud the courage of the Good Pastor.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by Ericsdm55(m): 2:11pm On Sep 16, 2017
An2elect2:
I am not that dumb to believe mr Chris would be dumb enough to criticise his co-partner in robbery and deceit. Wolves have an uncanny way of covering up for one another except for very rare cases.

Their code is "keep silent" "dont judge"
Don't say what you are not sure about. Partner in robbery?
Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by deebrain(m): 2:15pm On Sep 16, 2017
First blow sent and confirmed.
Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by Ericsdm55(m): 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2017
For those using pastor Chris marital crashed to criticise him, you should know that Christianity is a continual pursuit. He might have an issue in the past with regards to his marriage, that doesn't mean he should not continue preaching the word by correcting and rebuking where necessary. A righteous man falls seven times and rises again. The Christian faith is a continual thing, it's a race to the end. It only becomes dead when the person has given up to continuation. Remember he that endures to the end, the same shall be save.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by Righthandson(m): 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2017
Me as a Christian, I'm personally convinced that no matter what comes or happened, divorce cannot be an option.
It was a choice I made and vow before men and God to remain in it; therefore, breaking this covenant due to my partner's imperfection could be seen as unchristian.
Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by An2elect2(f): 3:34pm On Sep 16, 2017
Ericsdm55:

Don't say what you are not sure about. Partner in robbery?
Yes partners in defrauding people out of their money through fear and manipulation
Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by Ken4Christ: 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2017
I don't think it's Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Otherwise show us the video.
Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by ModusOperandi(f): 8:53pm On Sep 16, 2017
the jheri curl headed pastor of wankers and workers of iniquity said this? glass houses chris, glass houses.
Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 16, 2017
DJperdurabo:

The issue at stake is not about Polygamy rather it is whether it is right for a Christian to divorce his/her spouse. We are not talking about the aftermath for now.

Jacob couldn't divorce Leah whether lied to or not. That is the important point. What he did thereafter is not germane to the discussion or issue at hand.

Apostle Suleiman's teaching is biblically flawed 100%. It may find acceptance via secular laws but, when did secular law start trumping divine biblical precepts with respect to the practice of true Christianity?

My brother, me no dey follow u drag o. Abi why u carry fire for head? Are you Jacob's brother?
Re: Pastor Chris Corrects Apostle Sulaiman's Wrong Teaching On Divorce by od4life(m): 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2017
olamefun1990:

It wasn't Pst Chris Oyakhilome that made this comment. It was Pst Chris Ojigbani. @ poster carry out the necessary corrections in your post and pix attached.

(1) (Reply)

How Would You Spend The Yuletide? (xmas) / Tread To Answer Christians Questions. / Domestic Violence In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.