Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

Pay Your Debts Before Your Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pay Your Debts Before Your Tithe (515 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pay Your Debts Before Your Tithe by nenergy(m): 10:22am On Sep 17, 2017
Tithe as a Christian doctrine has come under serious debate in recent times, but this post isn't about the scriptural correctness of paying tithe.

It is sad that many Christians are indebted, but would rather pay tithe than pay their debts to creditors. One debtor even boasted that he gives 20%, but owing me for 2 years now. Another is owing me for over 10 months, but uses Phyno's Fada Fada as caller tunes. "I am living large , I get angels for my gate o". Idiot, you have creditors at your gate.
grin

They want God to open the windows of heaven for them while they've closed someone's own by not honouring an agreement. They love God, whom they cannot see, but neglect their creditors they see regularly (1 John 4:20)

What does the Bible say about debtors?

“The wicked borrows but does not pay back, but the righteous is generous and gives” (Psalm 37:21)

The bible calls you "The Wicked". Meaning that not paying your tithe is a SIN. You can make heaven without paying tithe, but you must answer for not paying your debt especially when you have the means to pay.

Things are tight not because you don't pay your tithe, but because you don't pay your debts.

Repent today!

Call your creditors and try to make amends. Agree on the cheapest repayment plan and commence so you can prosper! Pay your debts before your tithe.

Re: Pay Your Debts Before Your Tithe by chivic(m): 11:50am On Sep 17, 2017
Bible said,whatsoever you do unto man,that you do on to me.So if he pays tithe ,and owes you.He has done the right thing by paying tithe but has done the wrong thing by not paying you which is also a technical robbery.
Now if he is technically robbing you,then he has robbed God.A lot of people lack character and decipline and that's not what the bible preaches

1 Like

Re: Pay Your Debts Before Your Tithe by nenergy(m): 11:57am On Sep 17, 2017
chivic:
Bible said,whatsoever you do unto man,that you do on to me.So if he pays tithe ,and owes you.He has done the right thing by paying tithe but has done the wrong thing by not paying you which is also a technical robbery.
Now if he is technically robbing you,then he has robbed God.A lot of people lack character and decipline and that's not what the bible preaches
Interesting point! Thanks for sharing.

(1) (Reply)

Oyo State Muslim Community Honor Ajimobi / Laodicea, Part 3 : Who Is Wretched And Poor? ( Rev 3:17 ) - Paul Ellis / What Happens When We Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.