Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / . (828 Views)

Illegal Arrest: How 2 Young Men Were Rescued From The Hand Of SARS In Asaba / Lady Harassed By Men For Wearing "Sexy" Dress To The Market (Video) / Sales Girl Attacked In Sokoto By Men, Tried To Kill Her By Slitting Her Throat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by springer: 4:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
he has been released but bail is not free
Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
I've been hearing about the modus operandi of these SARS official in their bid to extort money from innocent Nigerians and i thank God i've never fallen into their trap and i pray i don't. They be looking like hardened criminals.

4 Likes

Re: . by tyson98: 4:34pm On Sep 17, 2017
Mods plss FP
Re: . by bkool7(m): 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2017
Fragment this post on the twitter handle of the Lagos Police Command.
Bail is free . Only the court can charge bail and he's not been taken to court

Another solution is to get a lawyer to write a petition to the Lagos Commissioner of Police on the matter .

I rescue my younger sister at SARs ikeja before on trumped up charge . Thank God my cousin is a lawyer and he a friend to the Lagos Police Public Relationship Officer who called them. Before i got there the next day they had releases her
Re: . by remzor(m): 6:25pm On Sep 17, 2017
God pls intervene
Re: . by Akinsbobo2(m): 8:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
Mod please move to front page
Re: . by obyrich(m): 1:04am On Sep 18, 2017
Wickedness. It is acts like these that diminishes the respect of the Nigeria Police and breed lack of trust between the Police and the masses.
Re: . by Adebola02(m): 1:18am On Sep 18, 2017
The NTA Area mentioned is Ogbe in Abeokuta
The Area and Ijeja is densely populated by Yahoo boys and fraudsters...
SARS guys always Frequent that area whenever they need cash from Y-boys

I hope the family of the man will involve the right set of poeple to get his bail ...SARs are heartless
Re: . by enyi1: 11:54am On Sep 18, 2017
springer:
CAUTION: THIS WRITE UP DOES NOT INTEND TO ESTABLISH FACTS OF THE CASE, GUILTY OR INNOCENCE OF THE VICTIM RATHAR IS TO DISCUSS THE INJUSTICE AND ENSURE THAT JUSTICE IS DONE.

Jamiu Odulami was picked up at NTA area of ABEOKUTA in OGUN STATE by men of SPECIAL ANTI ROBBERY SQUAD, IKEJA, LAGOS for almost THREE 3 MONTHS to UNKNOWN DESTINATION for until intensive search revealed him to be rotten away in the POLICE CELL OF SPECIAL ANTI ROBBERY SQUAD, IKEJA, LAGOS for “ALLEDGED PHONE THEFT” on which they traveled from Lagos to pick him up in Abeokuta in a very suspicious manner for almost WITHOUT CHARGING HIM TO COURT OR RELEASE HIM ON BAIL and till now the team insist on 200,000.00 for bail.

All efforts to secure his bail has failed due to the SUSPECT's mother inability to get the Two Hundred Thousand (N200,000.00) bail fee which the SARS team refused slashed down to enable the petty trader mother re-unite with her son after several and consistent negotiations and bargaining of bail fee by the concerned families and friends of the ACCUSED person proved abortive. THE ACCUSED PERSON’S MOTHER CAN NOT AFFORD LEGAL SERVICE TO ENFORCE HER SON FUNDAMNENTAL HUMAN RIGHTS IN THE COMPETENT COURT OF LAW.

The SARS Ikeja Lagos State have REFUSED to take the presumed innocent accused person to court and threatened to DEAL with any person that try to raise alarm about the grievous injustice hence this SOS. Jamiu Odunlami (THE ACCUSED PERSON) is a Carpenter with wife and kids who will resume school this tomorrow, and he has two identifiable and traceable sureties who have been going to SARS office in Ikeja Lagos for several times to bargain the bail of their son but to no avail due to the outrageous amount requested by the concerned Ikeja SARS officers.

The family member and friends who are ready to stand sureties are being constructively bullied by the SARS team which have silent and made the sureties even more scared to go back to SARS Ikeja Lagos to the victim. We call on all relevant authorities like Newly arrived Lagos State Commission of Police, Nigeria Police Force, Lagos State Ministry of Justice, Legal Aid Council of Nigeria, Public Complaints Commission, National Human Right Commission, Public Rights Defenders and concerned general public to please come to the rescue of the poor boy as his mother who is a petty trader has already developed high BP.

When will some men of NPF realize that conscience is needed in every job we do? Why would men of SARS request for 200 thousand at least before a presumed innocent person would be released or charged to court? For how long does law allow the police to detain a suspect before he could be charged to court or released on bail? Hundreds of Nigerians are languishing in Nigeria Police cells without just cause.
We call on Lagos State Police Commissioner to come to rescue and timely intervention in order to enforce justice and fundamental human rights of the poor boy. His mother cannot afford the bribe.

RELEVANT CONTATCS:
Accused Person's Mother : 08171337415
Accused Person's friend: 08069594330
Family Friend (Surety): 09082574008

Oga, i know you think you are doing a noble work, i know that Police can be as crooked as scoliosis, and i also know that justice belongs to God. I am not taking sides here but there's always two sides to every story. Someone is pulling some strings on this. Find out why? Don't be quick to conclude and don't let emotions cloud your judgment. I know why I'm telling you this
Re: . by springer: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Former Student Of FCET UMUNZE Dies After Child Birth / Will Ghana’s Proposed Narcotics Laws Herald A Shift In Africa’s Drug Policy? / Rivers State Sars: How A Lady Rescued A Guy From Sars Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.