Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

All Sufficient God? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Sufficient God? (5242 Views)

What's The Meaning Of 'God's Grace Is Sufficient for us?' / God's Grace Is Not Sufficient For The Wicked But For The Righteous... / Is Religion Sufficient For Salvation Of Souls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Sufficient God? by frank317: 8:45am On Sep 20, 2017
butterflylion:

Since you believe God does not exist "to you" why initiate a talk about a non existent God "to you " with one who says God exists? Are you having doubts about his non existence? grin
How did I initiate any talk about a non existent God with u? U made a comment about a being i think does not exist and I responded... U don't expect to come tell lies in a public forum and not get response do u?

It should be me who says God exists that should be the initiator of talking about him with you.
Why? Are u having doubts about the existence of God?
And if you talk about ur God to me and I respond by challenging and asking u questions u will still be the one askin me why am talking about a God that does not exist. Smh

Why do you wish to talk about what does not exist? Are you being delusional? cheesy
Same way u would to talk about a God u think exist? If you don't think he exists I wouldn't doubt u would I?
It's always a two way conversation bro...

Yes in fact you are being terribly delusional grin
I am not... But if u think so... That's ur business

For something not to exist it means IT WAS NEVER EVER THERE AND CAN NEVER EVER BE THERE. So why are you so bothered about something that was never ever there to begin with and can never ever be there?

Do you need a psychiatrist? cheesy

I am bothered for u instead... U talk about something I feel dont exist and u expect me not to respond. I challenge things I think are false... Just use ur brain a little
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 8:51am On Sep 20, 2017
superhumanist:

Hello there.

I am truly perplexed whenever I come across this particular argument that "if god doesn't exist, why do atheists talk about him".

It takes some kind of ignorance (purposeful or otherwise) to make such an argument. Any student of philosophy or debate knows that we use concepts (imaginary concepts, in this case) to point out logic in an argument.

For instance, when criticising a vampire movie, one can state such;
"IF VAMPIRES ARE AFFECTED BY THE SUN DUE TO ITS RAYS, THEN THE VAMPIRES SHOULD ALSO BE AFFECTED BY HIGH POWERED ULTRA-VIOLET LIGHTS AS WELL"

Now, this does not mean that the movie critic believes in vampires. Just as the atheist or deist who does not believe in your god can make arguments with him (your god) without believing in him(your god).

I am truly perplexed whenever I come across this particular argument that "atheists must talk about a non existent being" why should this be so going by the import of the God in question ".

It takes some kind of delusion (purposeful or otherwise) to make such an apparent nuisance of ones self.

It's absolute stupidity to always fall back to movies or novels and saying people criticise such even though the characters do not exist. grin

FYI to EVERYONE in the world the movie or novel characters do not exist because we all know it's make believe.

However to billions of people all over the world God exists so comparing that to movies or novels is at best bordering on insanity and delusion.
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 8:53am On Sep 20, 2017
frank317:

How did I initiate any talk about a non existent God with u? U made a comment about a being i think does not exist and I responded... U don't expect to come tell lies in a public forum and not get response do u?

Why? Are u having doubts about the existence of God?
And if you talk about ur God to me and I respond by challenging and asking u questions u will still be the one askin me why am talking about a God that does not exist. Smh

Same way u would to talk about a God u think exist? If you don't think he exists I wouldn't doubt u would I?
It's always a two way conversation bro...

I am not... But if u think so... That's ur business

I am bothered for u instead... U talk about something I feel dont exist and u expect me not to respond. I challenge things I think are false... Just use ur brain a little

Can you show me where anyone DIRECTLY directed the God convo to you? grin

Thank you for bothered for me but I think you are about to be joined to a Christian lady in matrimony so be bothered for her instead alright? cheesy
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 9:01am On Sep 20, 2017
butterflylion

FYI to EVERYONE in the world the movie or novel characters do [quote author=butterflylion
:

FYI to EVERYONE in the world the movie or novel characters do not exist because we all know it's make believe.

However to billions of people all over the world God exists so comparing that to movies or novels is at best bordering on insanity and delusion.

God is also make belief just like the movie character. The differences btw what ever concept of God and movie characters is what? After all we are here arguing about the one the ancient Jews made up and wrote make belief stories about.
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 9:08am On Sep 20, 2017
dalaman:

God is also make belief just like the movie character. Thw difference btw what wver concept of God and movie chsrwcters os what? After all we are here arguing about the one the ancient Jews made up and wrote make belief stories about.

Exactly my point. It's make believe to atheists but not to over 2billion people worldwide. Why not discuss such make believe with people who also follow your make belief stance?

That's what is meant by like minds discussing issues. You say it's make believe and another says the same thing so go ahead and have a party cheesy
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 9:13am On Sep 20, 2017
butterflylion:

Exactly my point. It's make believe to atheists but not to over 2billion people worldwide. Why not discuss such make believe with people who also follow your make belief stance?

That's what is meant by like minds discussing issues. You say it's make believe and another says the same thing so go ahead and have a party cheesy

It doesn't matter the number of people that believe in something. People are always indoctrinated to believe things and it becomes their reality after all close to 2 billion muskins believe in Allah as the creator of the universe, over a billion Hindus believe in Brhama and the lesser Gods. Belief doesn't make anything true, it just means people only believe in it. Throwing numbers at us is ridiculous since we know that people accept religious beliefs through childhood indoctrination mostly.
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 9:28am On Sep 20, 2017
dalaman:

It doesn't matter the number of people that believe in something. People are always indoctrinated to believe things and it becomes their reality after all close to 2 billion muskins believe in Allah as the creator of the universe, over a billion Hindus believe in Brhama and the lesser Gods. Belief doesn't make anything true, it just means people only believe in it. Throwing numbers at us is ridiculous since we know that people accept religious beliefs through childhood indoctrination mostly.

You don finish? cheesy

Thank you for your post. Now make I face the OP alright?
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 9:31am On Sep 20, 2017
butterflylion:

You don finish? cheesy

Thank you for your post. Now make I face the OP alright?

Face which OP when you don lie put for the OP.
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 9:35am On Sep 20, 2017
dalaman:

Face which OP when you don lie put for the OP.

You mean the deceptive OP wey you use cherry picked scripture take lie decorate am?

Yes that OP cheesy wink
Re: All Sufficient God? by frank317: 9:44am On Sep 20, 2017
butterflylion:

Can you show me where anyone DIRECTLY directed the God convo to you? grin

Thank you for bothered for me but I think you are about to be joined to a Christian lady in matrimony so be bothered for her instead alright? cheesy

You can as well just say I should never quote u... It's a public forum and if I see something I think we s false I will challenge it... But if u say specific say I shouldn't quote u, I will stay clear of ur mention. Hope I didn't insult u in the process sha

U keep on mentioning my marriage since u heard of it... U sound a bit disappointed that an unbeliever like me is happy about something... Me think u should be happy with me. Marriage is a thing of joy, why do u want to use my as a caricature... Why should I be bothered about her? Stop acting like u know me, we are just having a civil argument in a public forum, bringing my woman unnecessary is not needful... I really don't get ur point...what are u taking this personal?
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 9:51am On Sep 20, 2017
butterflylion:

You mean the deceptive OP wey you use cherry picked scripture take lie decorate am?

Yes that OP cheesy wink

You don start again Mr lie lie. Where the scriptures for the OP na? OP has no scriptures in it except the ones you are imagining.
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 9:53am On Sep 20, 2017
dalaman:

You don start again Mr lie lie. Where the scriptures for the OP na? OP has no scriptures in it except the ones you are imagining.

So I am imagining the ones YOU POSTED all over your own thread talking on tithes and contributing to the construction of the tabernacle ba? grin

My imagination must be on fleek cheesy
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2017
butterflylion:

So I am imagining the ones YOU POSTED[i] all over your own thread[/i] talking on tithes and contributing to the construction of the tabernacle ba? grin

My imagination must be on fleek cheesy

Thread as you rightly said. You intially lied about the OP na. No scripture appears in the OP only the one you imagined.
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 10:00am On Sep 20, 2017
dalaman:

Thread as you rightly said. You intially lied about the OP na. No scripture appears in the OP only the one you imagined.

No scriptures appear in the OP but when I asked for evidential scriptural backing for your OP you began dropping Malachi, exodus, Deuteronomy, etc yet you claim it's not part of your OP

Ogbeni kontinnu cheesy
Re: All Sufficient God? by hahn(m): 10:03am On Sep 20, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
GOD IS MAKING PEACE WITH YOU THROUGH HIS SON JESUS...QUIT BEING A "PRODIGAL SON". YOUR BELOVE FATHER IN HEAVEN IS WAITING FOR YOUR RETURN WITH AN OPEN ARMS...PEACE

Delusion is bliss cheesy grin
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 10:31am On Sep 20, 2017
butterflylion:

No scriptures appear in the OP
but when I asked for evidential scriptural backing for your OP you began dropping Malachi, exodus, Deuteronomy, etc yet you claim it's not part of your OP

Ogbeni kontinnu cheesy

That's all. You've finally acknowledged it.
Re: All Sufficient God? by superhumanist(m): 10:32am On Sep 20, 2017
butterflylion:

I am truly perplexed whenever I come across this particular argument that "atheists must talk about a non existent being" why should this be so going by the import of the God in question ".

It takes some kind of delusion (purposeful or otherwise) to make such an apparent nuisance of ones self.

It's absolute stupidity to always fall back to movies or novels and saying people criticise such even though the characters do not exist. grin

With all due respect, do you hate having a reasonable discussion or do you just like posting whatever verbose epistle you can just to deviate from the topic at hand?

I see no relation between your post and the earlier point I made. The simple fact is that people can use abstract concepts to point out the logic in an argument or even the flaws in an argument.

Secondly you should please stop using "ad populum" arguments. The merit of an argument cannot be based on how many people believe in it

butterflylion:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 10:36am On Sep 20, 2017
superhumanist:

With all due respect, do you hate having a reasonable discussion or do you just like posting whatever verbose epistle you can just to deviate from the topic at hand?

I see no relation between your post and the earlier point I made. The simple fact is that people can use abstract concepts to point out the logic in an argument or even the flaws in an argument.

Secondly you should please stop using "ad populum" arguments. The merit of an argument cannot be based on how many people believe in it

The merit of an argument cannot be based on whatsoever you say. Equation balance. Case closed.

Now move along
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 10:37am On Sep 20, 2017
dalaman:

That's all. You've finally acknowledged it.

Nope I didn't. The rest of my comment there says otherwise. As usual same way you cherry picked scriptures you are cherry picking my own comment when the rest of it was meant to qualify the beginning.

grin

Dalaman the cherry picker cheesy
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 10:44am On Sep 20, 2017
butterflylion:

Nope I didn't. The rest of my comment there says otherwise. As usual same way you cherry picked scriptures you are cherry picking my own comment when the rest of it was meant to qualify the beginning.

grin

Dalaman the cherry picker cheesy

You did. No scriptures appears in the OP, that's it, any other commentary from your is unimportant.
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 10:46am On Sep 20, 2017
dalaman:

You did. No scriptures appears in the OP, that's it, any other commentary from your is unimportant.

So says the cherry picker cheesy
Re: All Sufficient God? by superhumanist(m): 10:50am On Sep 20, 2017
butterflylion:

The merit of an argument cannot be based on whatsoever you say. Equation balance. Case closed.

Now move along

I'm truly confused. How does your first sentence relate to anything I posted? I hope you are okay. Thanks for your time.
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 10:54am On Sep 20, 2017
superhumanist:

I'm truly confused. How does your first sentence relate to anything I posted? I hope you are okay. Thanks for your time.

How does your first comment relate to the OP or anything I believe?

If you were Okay you would have paused, read your typed words first, Edited it before posting.

Thanks for your time.
Re: All Sufficient God? by bloodofthelamb(m): 12:00pm On Sep 20, 2017
hahn:

Delusion is bliss cheesy grin
BRO, THERE IS A BETTER LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS... DON'T BE TRAPPED IN THE PHYSICAL...YOUR TWO EYE BALL IS LIMITED TO YOUR ENVIRONMENT.
Re: All Sufficient God? by hahn(m): 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
BRO, THERE IS A BETTER LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS... DON'T BE TRAPPED IN THE PHYSICAL...YOUR TWO EYE BALL IS LIMITED TO YOUR ENVIRONMENT.

Bros, na nonsense you dey talk o

It is just a pity you do not know how stupid you sound with all these Jesus nonsense you are spewing

There is a better life with Jesus and you live in a third world country with one of the highest worshipers of this boring, Roman concoction of a super hero and you still lack access to adequate infrastructure and enjoy the highest rate of corruption in the world as well as the highest rate of child birth mortality, poverty and diseases

Don't you think it is time you use your brain? undecided

1 Like

Re: All Sufficient God? by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
hahn:

Bros, na nonsense you dey talk o

It is just a pity you do not know how stupid you sound with all these Jesus nonsense you are spewing

There is a better life with Jesus and you live in a third world country with one of the highest worshipers of this boring, Roman concoction of a super hero and you still lack access to adequate infrastructure and enjoy the highest rate of corruption in the world as well as the highest rate of child birth mortality, poverty and diseases

Don't you think it is time you use your brain? undecided
I HAVE ESCAPE CORRUPTION AND POVERTY IN THE WORLD THROUGH CHRIST JESUS...HE BECAME POOR TO MAKE ME RICH...WHAT JESUS DID, HE DID FOR MANKIND, FOR YOU AND ME...RECEIVE AND BELIEVE IT FOR YOUR GOOD...PEACE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Hand Of God" Caught On Camera In Calabar? / Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) / Roots In Paganism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.