Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

All Sufficient God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Sufficient God? (5237 Views)

What's The Meaning Of 'God's Grace Is Sufficient for us?' / God's Grace Is Not Sufficient For The Wicked But For The Righteous... / Is Religion Sufficient For Salvation Of Souls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 5:52am On Sep 19, 2017
dalaman:

Why should he believe you when you are telling lies? When did any God appear to you personally and told you that he wants people to believe anything about him?

The one lying here is you! cheesy

You deceptively cherry picked scripture to back up your nonsensical OP but I put ALL the parts your deceptively left out so everyone can see and from that you can see the reason behind His asking them to bring.

First you said God asked them to bring to Him but after I posted the parts you deliberately left out you now agreed it's for the tabernacle but still insist that why would an all sufficient God asking for this despite being shown what all sufficient aka EL SHADAI meant. Your desperate lies are pathetic.

When did atheism appear to you personally and tell you that you should go about trying to make people disbelieve God? Did atheism personally give you this assignment which you have been doing now woefully for the past 9years on Nairaland? grin
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 5:56am On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:

When you lack the ability to admit that I have trashed your OP the only thing you can do is keep repeating that my comment is "trash". grin

I know it hurts but your OP has been buried!

I even had to take you to the meaning of all sufficient aka EL SHADAI so you would understand or at least "pretend " to understand why God "after" providing for them would then ask that they take from HIS PROVISION and bless people with.

Since you are denying the obvious then your confusion is definitely on autopilot as I already said.

Your residual mental illness will never stop allowing you to stop imagining things. You know what hurts? Stop imagining all the time.

You did not address anything all you did was just make things up. El shadia that still needed and had to tell people to contribute a terbancle for him abi? El shadia indeed. I am actually tired of you making things up. You every try to go as far as saying that some imaginary terbancle exist in people's minds . I can also join biblical passages and have them say anything I want the way you have done. After all those pastors that constantly speak on behalf of your God and tell people that he needs their money also chose from different verses of the bible just the way you have and have it say what they want. A verse clearly says God told people to build a terbancle for him.by offering things which clearly shows he is needy because no all sufficient God will need a tabernacle from people in the first place since he is self sufficient. You then went on a dance of how he told them he will provide them a land with milk and honey bla bla bla. Why didn't he provide them with land flowing with milk and honey but told them.to go and annhalite others to get it according to the story?

Sometimes you need to read what you are posting and make sure it makes sense to you.

1 Like

Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 6:04am On Sep 19, 2017
dalaman:

Your residual mental illness will never stop allowing you to stop imagining things. You know what hurts? Stop imagining all the time.

You did not address anything all you did was just make things up. El shadia that still needed and had to tell people to contribute a terbancle for him abi? El shadia indeed. I am actually tired of you making things up. You every try to go as far as saying that some imaginary terbancle exist in people's minds . I can also join biblical passages and have them say anything I want the way you have done. After all those pastors that constantly speak on behalf of your God and tell people that he needs their money also chose from different verses of the bible just the way you have and have it say what they want. A verse clearly says God told people to build a terbancle for him.by offering things which clearly shows he is needy because no all sufficient God will need a tabernacle from people in the first place since he is self sufficient. You then went on a dance of how he told them he will provide them a land with milk and honey bla bla bla. Why didn't he provide them with land flowing with milk and honey but told them.to go and annhalite others to get it according to the story?

Sometimes you need to read what you are posting and make sure it makes sense to you.

Let me repeat my post because your mumu don do.

So now you admit that the passage talks about the people bringing for the construction of the tabernacle ba? If this was your intention originally and not that God wanted it himself why then did you cherry pick the scriptures and posted them deceptively? These are the scriptures you said you SPECIFICALLY QUOTED below

Exodus 35:4-5 – “Moses said to all the congregation of the people of Israel, ‘This is the thing that the Lord has commanded. Take from among you a contribution to the Lord. Whoever is of a generous heart, let him bring the Lord’s contribution …’”

Exodus 25:1 – “T[b]he Lord said to Moses, “‘Speak to the people of Israel, that they take for Me a contribution. From every man whose heart moves Him you shall receive the contribution for Me.’[/b]”

Deuteronomy 16:16b, 17 – “They shall not appear before the LORD empty-handed. Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD your God that He has given you.”

Can you show me where it was stated in your cherry picked quoted scriptures that this was meant for the tabernacle and not for God himself? Have you forgotten your OP? These scriptures you posted were to demonstrate that God wanted it for himself. IT WAS UNTIL I POSTED THE ENTIRE PORTIONS YOU DECEPTIVELY LEFT OUT THAT MADE YOU NOW AGREE IT IS FOR THE TABERNACLE AND NOT GOD.

so now your silly question is WHY SHOULD AN ALL SUFFICIENT GOD EVEN ASK FROM PEOPLE AT ALL. grin

YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR AND A DECEIVER!

When you lack the ability to admit that I have trashed your OP the only thing you can do is keep repeating that my comment is "trash". cheesy

I even had to take you to the meaning of all sufficient aka EL SHADAI so you would understand or at least "pretend " to understand why God "after" providing for them would then ask that they take from HIS PROVISION and bless people with.

Since you are denying the obvious then your confusion is definitely on autopilot as I already said
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 6:04am On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:

The one lying here is you! cheesy

You deceptively cherry picked scripture to back up your nonsensical OP but I put ALL the parts your deceptively left out so everyone can see and from that you can see the reason behind His asking them to bring.

First you said God asked them to bring to Him but after I posted the parts you deliberately left out you now agreed it's for the tabernacle but still insist that why would an all sufficient God asking for this despite being shown what all sufficient aka EL SHADAI meant. Your desperate lies are pathetic.

When did atheism appear to you personally and tell you that you should go about trying to make people disbelieve God? Did atheism personally give you this assignment which you have been doing now woefully for the past 9years on Nairaland? grin

Why will an all sufficient God ask people to build anything for him? Only a needy God does that. God clearly ask them.to bring things for him. Your denial can not change that. He even instructed Moses to collect the things for him according to the story. Why is an all sufficient God demanding for people to give him things and build things for him? Only a needy God does that clearly.

You are just parroting ancient mythology and fiction yet insisting that some imaginary God is behind it. When did any God appear to you personally and told you that he wants people to believe anything about him? You are just following a tradition and system of belief created by your fellow men and nothing more. Now if they leave you you'll start saying that your worship your experince, experince of a mentally unstable man this yet to be fully cured.
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 6:10am On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:

Let me repeat my post because your mumu don do.

Can you show me where it was stated in your cherry picked quoted scriptures that this was meant for the tabernacle and not for God himself? Have you forgotten your OP? These scriptures you posted were to demonstrate that God wanted it for himself. IT WAS UNTIL I POSTED THE ENTIRE PORTIONS YOU DECEPTIVELY LEFT OUT THAT MADE YOU NOW AGREE IT IS FOR THE TABERNACLE AND NOT GOD.

so now your silly question is WHY SHOULD AN ALL SUFFICIENT GOD EVEN ASK FROM PEOPLE AT ALL. grin

YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR AND A DECEIVER!

When you lack the ability to admit that I have trashed your OP the only thing you can do is keep repeating that my comment is "trash". cheesy

Since you are denying the obvious then your confusion is definitely on autopilot as I already said

You are the one telling lies.

According to the bible the terbancle belongs to God and he told the people to bring things and build it for him. Why will an all sufficient God do that? So they took from their provision and blessed people with it by building a terbancle for God? Does the bible say the terbancle belong to God or the people. See how you are making things up abi? Passage says God told the people to build a terbancle for him and your own opinion is that they are to bless each other. See how you just made it up completely. You even had to say that the terbancle by extension now dwells in people's minds all because you just had to desperately make things up since that is the only thing you are good at.

Why will an all sufficient God require anything from people like building of a terbancle? That passage clearly describes a needy God and not an all sufficient one. You can keep making things up as always.
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 6:14am On Sep 19, 2017
dalaman:

Why will an all sufficient God ask people to build anything for him? Only a needy God does that. God clearly ask them.to bring things for him. Your denial can not change that. He even instructed Moses to collect the things for him according to the story. Why is an all sufficient God demanding for people to give him things and build things for him? Only a needy God does that clearly.

You are just parroting ancient mythology and fiction yet insisting that some imaginary God is behind it. When did any God appear to you personally and told you that he wants people to believe anything about him? You are just following a tradition and system of belief created by your fellow men and nothing more. Now if they leave you you'll start saying that your worship your experince, experince of a mentally unstable man this yet to be fully cured.

Stop pretending that your OP isn't as silly as you are.

Stop trying to shift the goalpost. Stay on your OP.

This is not about me it's about your claim that God wanted those things for himself or have you forgotten your OP? grin

Has you desperate deception made you forget your own OP?

EL Shadai or all sufficient also means the one that provides or supplies needs and HE (GOD) ALREADY SUPPLIED AND PROVIDED FOR THE PEOPLE. So he is simply asking that they take from HIS provision for HIS work.

Selflessness being taught and needs being met cheesy A good way to teach how to kill 2 birds with one stone.

I also asked you, When did atheism appear to you personally and tell you that you should go about trying to make people disbelieve God? Did atheism personally give you this assignment which you have been doing now woefully for the past 9years on Nairaland? cheesy

Are you not also following a tradition synonymous with atheism? A system of unbelief created in you by men. Or have you forgotten your atheism was given to you by Germans? grin
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 6:28am On Sep 19, 2017
dalaman:

You are the one telling lies.

According to the bible the terbancle belongs to God and he told the people to bring things and build it for him. Why will an all sufficient God do that? So they took from their provision and blessed people with it by building a terbancle for God? Does the bible say the terbancle belong to God or the people. See how you are making things up abi? Passage says God told the people to build a terbancle for him and your own opinion is that they are to bless each other. See how you just made it up completely. You even had to say that the terbancle by extension now dwells in people's minds all because you just had to desperately make things up since that is the only thing you are good at.

Why will an all sufficient God require anything from people like building of a terbancle? That passage clearly describes a needy God and not an all sufficient one. You can keep making things up as always.

Your desperation on insisting that God is needy despite my simple explanations that even Jumbo Dumbo would be able to follow shows your deceptive tendency and lying nature.

I didn't say the tabernacle dwells in peoples MINDS oga. I know you want to continue lying.

I said the tabernacle is in the hearts of men and not mind. Heart meant SOUL not mind.

1st Corinthians 6: 19

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Ephesians 3:17

so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love

Ephesians 2:22

in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit

Hebrews 3:6

but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house--whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end

John 14:23

Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him

1 Corinthians 3:16

Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Are those not in your online Bible? Are those portions of scripture missing? grin
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 6:32am On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:

Stop pretending that your OP isn't as silly as you are.

Stop trying to shift the goalpost. Stay on your OP.

This is not about me it's about your claim that God wanted those things for himself or have you forgotten your OP? grin

Has you desperate deception made you forget your own OP?

EL Shadai or all sufficient also means the one that provides or supplies needs and HE (GOD) ALREADY SUPPLIED AND PROVIDED FOR THE PEOPLE. So he is simply asking that they take from HIS provision for HIS work.

Selflessness being taught and needs being met cheesy A good way to teach how to kill 2 birds with one stone.

I also asked you, When did atheism appear to you personally and tell you that you should go about trying to make people disbelieve God? Did atheism personally give you this assignment which you have been doing now woefully for the past 9years on Nairaland? cheesy

Are you not also following a tradition synonymous with atheism? A system of unbelief created in you by men. Or have you forgotten your atheism was given to you by Germans? grin

Clearly the bible says God wanted people to build a terbancle for him. Meaning he needed it. An all sufficient God needs nothing. The terbancle belongs to God according to the story. Did God according to the story not want a terbancle? Did the terbancle belong to the people or to God? A passage says "build a terbancle for me" but in your usual way of making things up you are trying to spin it to say provide for each other. You even went as far as saying the terbancle now rest in people's minds. grin

There are clear bible verses that say that people should give God their things.

Proverbs 3:9 – “Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the first fruits of all your produce.”

Why will an all sufficient God need your wealth to be honored?

What am I to do with your definition of El shadia? So an all sufficient God still needs people to takw out of what je has given them to do his work for him abi? Isn't that a needy God?

All sufficient simply means

"ALL-SUFFI'CIENT, a. Sufficient to every thing; infinitely able.

How does a being that ask people to contribute and build things for him end up as all sufficient? A God that wants people to honor him.with their wealth is a nedey God and not an all sufficient one.

Is atheism a living being? Don't you guys claim that your God is a living being? When did he appear to you personally and told you he wants anyone to believe in him? Clearly this question you are asking shows that your residual mental illness needs to be cured before it relapses.
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 6:38am On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:

Your desperation on insisting that God is needy despite my simple explanations that even Jumbo Dumbo would be able to follow shows your deceptive tendency and lying nature.

I didn't say the tabernacle dwells in peoples MINDS oga. I know you want to continue lying.

I said the tabernacle is in the hearts of men and not mind. Heart meant SOUL not mind.

Are those not in your online Bible? Are those portions of scripture missing? grin

Oga I don't have time for your interpretation, opinion and spining of scripture.

Only a needy God will tell people to offer things to it and build a terbancle for HIM. An all sufficient God will build a terbancle for him self if he needs one and not depend on people to build any for him.
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 6:51am On Sep 19, 2017
author=dalaman post=60604370]

Clearly the bible says God wanted people to build a terbancle for him. Meaning he needed it. An all sufficient God needs nothing. The terbancle belongs to God according to the story. Did God according to the story not want a terbancle? Did the terbancle belong to the people or to God? A passage says "build a terbancle for me" but in your usual way of making things up you are trying to spin it to say provide for each other. You even went as far as saying the terbancle now rest in people's minds. grin

I sometimes wonder if you think through your asshole because you are just reasoning in a messy way.

The tabernacle was for the people but based on Gods request after making provision for them.

The tabernacle was a place of meeting. But that was in the old testament but in the new testament the tabernacle is now in us as believers.

The tabernacle had the outer court, the inner court and the holy of holies. In us now that is our body (outer court) , our spirit (inner court) , our soul (holy of holies) and I already illustrated this with the scriptures I posted before now. grin

But let me buttress the above with this below

Colossians 2: 16-17

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ

The physical tabernacle was a shadow of the reality which was to come in Christ.

There are clear bible verses that say that people should give God their things.

Proverbs 3:9 – “Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the first fruits of all your produce.”

Why will an all sufficient God need your wealth to be honored?

I am sure you have seen my post about the FESTIVAL OF WEEKS and THE FESTIVAL OR FEAST OF TABERNACLES ba? My comment there is what the first fruit is meant for. It's to be eaten by the people and not meant for God. I already explained all this at the very beginning of my comments. Your deceptiveness is epic cheesy

What am I to do with your definition of El shadia? So an all sufficient God still needs people to takw out of what je has given them to do his work for him abi? Isn't that a needy God?

All sufficient simply means

"ALL-SUFFI'CIENT, a. Sufficient to every thing; infinitely able.

How does a being that ask people to contribute and build things for him end up as all sufficient? A God that wants people to honor him.with their wealth is a nedey God and not an all sufficient one.

All sufficient was mentioned in Genesis 17: 1 and it means EL SHADAI. I already broke this down for you so stop feigning ignorant still. grin

Is atheism a living being? Don't you guys claim that your God is a living being? When did he appear to you personally and told you he wants anyone to believe in him? Clearly this question you are asking shows that your residual mental illness needs to be cured before it relapses.

Is God a living thing? Don't you guys claim that God does not exist? Since atheism isn't a living thing who then sent you on a mission of making people unbelievers for the past 9 years on Nairaland? Your imagination? cheesy

The one mentally unstable is definitely you since a non existent atheism would send you on a mission of making unbelievers of men. You admit atheism is not a living thing and I say God is a living being yet you are on an errand for a non living thing while I am for a living being.

Who then has mental instability? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Sufficient God? by frank317: 7:51am On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:

If you cannot believe me whom you can feel and touch is it a God you cannot touch or see that you would believe? cheesy
Nice question... Have u even thought about it?

God needs to speak with you in a way and manner you would understand. Yet you reject it. Is it when he speaks to you in a language unknown to you that you would understand and believe?

And the only way he can speak to me is through u? He created humans and does not understand their language?why will he speak to me in a language I don't understand... Me thinks this God of your can't think outside the box. He knows I can't believe in common confused humans like me... Why should I? Yet he sent u. If we go about believing humans why wouldn't I believe in Muslim clerics and their jargons?
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 8:03am On Sep 19, 2017
frank317:

Nice question... Have u even thought about it?

And the only way he can speak to me is through u? He created humans and does not understand their language?why will he speak to me in a language I don't understand... Me thinks this God of your can't think outside the box. He knows I can't believe in common confused humans like me... Why should I? Yet he sent u. If we go about believing humans why wouldn't I believe in Muslim clerics and their jargons?

You should be the one to think about it and not I. I believe through evidential faith that God exists but you don't.

He is not speaking to you through me. His word existed long before I did and if you reject that, then is it me you would accept?

You say God KNOWS you cannot believe in common confused humans right?

Tell that to the over 2 billion Christians worldwide who listened and believed what came from the same man you called "common and Confused". cheesy

Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 8:04am On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:
author=dalaman post=60604370]

I sometimes wonder if you think through your asshole because you are just reasoning in a messy way.

The tabernacle was for the people
but based on Gods request after making provision for them.

You enjoy telling lies don't you? Accordingto the bible the terbanclebelongs to God.

8 “Then have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them. 9 Make this tabernacle and all its furnishings exactly like the pattern I will show you.

You keep telling lies that the terbancle is for the people when the bile clearly says it's a sanctuary for God. You remain a joke.

The Tabernacle (Hebrew: מִשְׁכַּן‎‎, mishkan, "residence" or "dwelling place"wink, according to the Hebrew Bible, was the portable earthly dwelling place of God amongst the children of Israel from the time of the Exodus from Egypt through the conquering of the land of Canaan.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabernacle

The Tabernaclewas a dwelling place of God . It belonged to him as clearly stated but in your usual lie lie you are saying it belongs to the people.

Just using this to point out that the rest of your nonsense and spin is worth responding to.

When the bible says A you'll write a meaningless epistle trying to say that it is say B and C.
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 8:11am On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:

You should be the one to think about it and not I. I believe through evidential faith that God exists but you don't.

He is not speaking to you through me. [b]His word existed long before I did [/b]and if you reject that, then is it me you would accept?

God told you he had a word when, where and how? When did any God appear to you personally and tell you that he has any word?
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 8:17am On Sep 19, 2017
dalaman:

You enjoy telling lies don't you? Accordingto the bible the terbanclebelongs to God.

8 “Then have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them. 9 Make this tabernacle and all its furnishings exactly like the pattern I will show you.

You keep telling lies that the terbancle is for the people when the bile clearly says it's a sanctuary for God. You remain a joke.

The Tabernacle (Hebrew: מִשְׁכַּן‎‎, mishkan, "residence" or "dwelling place"wink, according to the Hebrew Bible, was the p[b]ortable earthly dwelling place of God[/b] amongst the children of Israel from the time of the Exodus from Egypt through the conquering of the land of Canaan.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabernacle

The Tabernaclewas a dwelling place of God . It belonged to him.as clearly stated but in your usual lie lie you are saying it belongs to the people.

Just using this to point out that the rest of your nonsense and spin is worth responding to.

When the bible says A you'll were a meaningless epistle trying to say that it is say B and C.

Oga lying dalaman who is being deliberately deceptive.

The tabernacle was patterned by God as a shadow of the future. God did not need the tabernacle in order for him to dwell. He was already dwelling before the tabernacle was asked to be made. The purpose of the tabernacle was for the people to be able to attach their faith to something tangible. Something they could see. God was not restricted to that tabernacle. He simply did it for their sake!

Now in the new testament the reality of the shadow has come in Jesus. That same tabernacle now dwells in us as we are living stones fitted together and not a tabernacle made from hands and stone and wood.

I repeat the tabernacle was for the people to be able to attach their belief to something tangible

Tabernacle means “tent,” “place of dwelling” or “sanctuary.” It was a sacred place where God chose to meet His people, the Israelites, during the 40 years they wandered in the desert under Moses’ leadership. It was the place where the leaders and people came together to worship and offer sacrifices.

The tabernacle was first erected in the wilderness exactly one year after the Passover when the Israelites were freed from their Egyptian slavery.

It was a mobile tent with portable furniture that the people traveled with and set up wherever they pitched camp.

And so God dwelled among His people in the tabernacle in the wilderness. He appeared as a pillar of cloud over the tabernacle by day and a pillar of fire by night in the sight of all Israel. The people would not set out on their journey unless the cloud lifted. It was an unmistakably powerful visual statement indicating Gods presence among them.

God knew that the Israelites needed visual evidence of His presence. When Moses went up to Mount Sinai for 40 days and the people did not see or hear from him, they grew impatient and gathered their gold to form a golden calf that they worshipped in place of God. After ten generations of living in Egypt, it was not surprising that the Israelites mimicked the Egyptians in fashioning a visual idol of their own. This act of disobedience demonstrated their need to follow and worship a God who was visually tangible. Gods provision of a tabernacle itself a splendor to behold not only allowed the people to sense His presence, but also to see their leader go in to meet with God in a concrete place and not disappear up a mountain.

You need to follow the pattern and reason behind scripture before you continue embarrassing yourself with the messy nonsense you type.

Cherry picking without checking our the history and purpose is certainly deceptive desperation. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 8:19am On Sep 19, 2017
dalaman:

God told you he had a word when, where and how? When did any God appear to you personally and tell you that he has any word?

Stop trying to shift the goalpost ogbeni. Stick to your OP grin

I have repeatedly told you this. Your OP is not about me is it? Your OP is a deceptive comment about a needy God or is it about a needy butterflylion?

Dala the Gala the deceptive Dala the Gala cheesy

1 Like

Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 8:34am On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:

Oga lying dalaman who is being deliberately deceptive.

The tabernacle was patterned by God as a shadow of the future. God did not need the tabernacle in order for him to dwell. He was already dwelling before the tabernacle was asked to be made. The purpose of the tabernacle was for the people to be able to attach their faith to something tangible. Something they could see. God was not restricted to that tabernacle. He simply did it for their sake!

Now in the new testament the reality of the shadow has come in Jesus. That same tabernacle now dwells in us as we are living stones fitted together and not a tabernacle made from hands and stone and wood.

I repeat the tabernacle was for the people to be able to attach their belief to something tangible

Tabernacle means “tent,” “place of dwelling” or “sanctuary.” It was a sacred place where God chose to meet His people, the Israelites, during the 40 years they wandered in the desert under Moses’ leadership. It was the place where the leaders and people came together to worship and offer sacrifices.

The tabernacle was first erected in the wilderness exactly one year after the Passover when the Israelites were freed from their Egyptian slavery.

It was a mobile tent with portable furniture that the people traveled with and set up wherever they pitched camp.

And so God dwelled among His people in the tabernacle in the wilderness. He appeared as a pillar of cloud over the tabernacle by day and a pillar of fire by night in the sight of all Israel. The people would not set out on their journey unless the cloud lifted. It was an unmistakably powerful visual statement indicating Gods presence among them.

God knew that the Israelites needed visual evidence of His presence. When Moses went up to Mount Sinai for 40 days and the people did not see or hear from him, they grew impatient and gathered their gold to form a golden calf that they worshipped in place of God. After ten generations of living in Egypt, it was not surprising that the Israelites mimicked the Egyptians in fashioning a visual idol of their own. This act of disobedience demonstrated their need to follow and worship a God who was visually tangible. Gods provision of a tabernacle itself a splendor to behold not only allowed the people to sense His presence, but also to see their leader go in to meet with God in a concrete place and not disappear up a mountain.

You need to follow the pattern and reason behind scripture before you continue embarrassing yourself with the messy nonsense you type.

Cherry picking without checking our the history and purpose is certainly deceptive desperation. cheesy

Oga spinner.

The bible is clear they were to build a terbancle for him. The needy God needed a terbancle aND told the people to offer things and build one for him. They die and he used it as a sanctuary to dwell among them. The meaningless epistle you are writing is what I don't really get.
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 8:38am On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:

Stop trying to shift the goalpost ogbeni. Stick to your OP grin

I have repeatedly told you this. Your OP is not about me is it? Your OP is a deceptive comment about a needy God or is it about a needy butterflylion?

Dala the Gala the deceptive Dala the Gala cheesy

The needy God that needed people to bring offerings to him and build him a sanctuary.

The needy God that needed sacrifices and likes the smell of burning flesh .
Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 9:00am On Sep 19, 2017
dalaman:

Oga spinner.

The bible is clear they were to build a terbancle for him. The needy God needed a terbancle aND told the people to offer things and build one for him. They die and he used it as a sanctuary to dwell among them. The meaningless epistle you are writing is what I don't really get.

Oga liar the tabernacle was not for him to dwell as an assumed homeless. It was for the sake of the Israelites to have a visual contact with him and be able to "see" God is with them or dwelling among them which was the same reason why they had to build the golden calf so like the Egyptians THEY COULD VISUALLY HAVE THEIR GOD WITH THEM.

God was careful not just to have them build the ark alone but to further symbolise his presence through the PILLAR OF CLOUD by day AND THE PILLAR OF FIRE by night in FULL SIGHT of them.

They did not move unless the pillar of cloud or pillar of fire moved. Like the Blind who needs to be led God used those manifestations to lead them. IT WAS VERY VERY IMPORTANT!

now in the New Testament we have the same tabernacle resident in us but we are not being led by a pillar of cloud or a pillar of fire BUT WE ARE BEING LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD.

ROMANS 8:14

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God

Like I said, the physical tabernacle was a shadow of the reality in Christ. This reality now is the holy spirit who is leading Gods children and no longer the physical earthly tabernacle of old.

The inability you have to comprehend the simplest of things is rather baffling (even though I know it's deliberate) grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 9:01am On Sep 19, 2017
dalaman:

The needy God that needed people to bring offerings to him and build him a sanctuary.

The needy God that needed sacrifices and likes the smell of burning flesh .

Say "needy God" 1 million times more and maybe it would sound believable to you grin

1 Like

Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 10:28am On Sep 19, 2017
OGA lie lie spinner. You clearly love making things up and writing meaningless epistles on them.

butterflylion:

Oga liar the tabernacle was not for him to dwell as an assumed homeless.

Where did I suggest that the terbancle was a dwelling place for an assumed homeless being?

You sure say you no go hurry go look for drugs complete your treatment so?

When I say A you'll say D, when the bible writes B you'll spin it and say it means K L and M.

I don't have time for your interpretation and opinion of scripture.
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:

Say "needy God" 1 million times more and maybe it would sound believable to you grin

He needs animal sacrifice and likes the aroma of burning flesh.
Re: All Sufficient God? by hahn(m): 10:32am On Sep 19, 2017
budaatum:

Someone said Christ in coming on September 23. I haven't heard it from the person who said it, but I haven't come across anyone who's wound down their earthly business in preparation for that day. Perhaps the person who informed the rest of us Christ is coming on September 23 is talking through an ass. We'd know on the day.

hahn, your question somewhat does not hit the point quite. A better question is, If God needs money, why doesn't it just make a printing press? He did afterall provide a ram when he needed a blood sacrifice.

I put it to you that despite what Malachi says God told him, he too may be talking through his ass perhaps.

My point is, The Bible is not God!

And my point is god does not exist smiley
Re: All Sufficient God? by hahn(m): 10:33am On Sep 19, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
BELOVE! JESUS CHRIST IS NOT IN NEED, HE IS EAGER TO MEET OUR EVERY NEED...DON'T MIND THOSE PEOPLE WHO GOES ABOUT PAINTING GOD AS A SOMEONE WHO WANT FROM US..THE ONLY THING CHRIST NEEDS FROM US IS OUR TRUST

It is still in need then

The Sun does not need us to trust it to shine, it just does smiley

1 Like

Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 10:34am On Sep 19, 2017
dalaman:
OGA lie lie spinner. You clearly love making things up and writing meaningless epistles on them.

Where did I suggest that the terbancle was a dwelling place for an assumed homeless being?

You sure say you no go hurry go look for drugs complete your treatment so?

When I say A you'll say D, when the bible writes B you'll spin it and say it means K L and M.

I don't have time for your interpretation and opinion of scripture.

Liar Dala the Gala grin

Why would God ask that they build a tabernacle where he would dwell? Was the tabernacle meant to be among men or was it meant to be a heavenly tabernacle?

The mere fact that the tabernacle was to be among men shows it is meant for the benefit of men and not for God.

God isn't earthly so cannot be restricted to an earthly tabernacle but simply requested for the tabernacle so he can use it as a tangible contact point (meeting place) between him and the people while also leading them by a visual aid attached to the tabernacle which were the pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night.

You are ever so so desperate to sound convincing with your lies but you are quickly dying off same as your OP. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Sufficient God? by butterflylion: 10:35am On Sep 19, 2017
dalaman:

He needs animal sacrifice and likes the aroma of burning flesh.

Stop shifting the goalpost grin

Focus on your OP na. Or that one hard again? cheesy

1 Like

Re: All Sufficient God? by Humanistme: 10:37am On Sep 19, 2017
budaatum:

My point is, The Bible is not God!

so the words supposedly spoken by the prophets and recorded in the bible are not from God?

1 Like

Re: All Sufficient God? by GoodMuyis(m): 11:44am On Sep 19, 2017
frank317:

Oga pls stop repeating this nonsense.

Our parents send us on errand because:
[s]1. It s convenient for them
2. They are sometimes too tired to do tit themselves
3. They are humans and can't do everything even if they want to[/s]
4. They enjoy the sense of superiority and seniority it gives them. It is good to feel the children they work hard for respect them.

How does this relate to Ur almighty God who can do all things and lacks nothing. Does ur God get tired? Can he not do everything? U belittle your God when you compare him to humans

The Bold answers your question.
I wont go down the road explaining the Bible to any anti-God
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:

Liar Dala the Gala grin

Why would God ask that they build a tabernacle where he would dwell? Was the tabernacle meant to be among men or was it meant to be a heavenly tabernacle?

The mere fact that the tabernacle was to be among men shows it is meant for the benefit of men and not for God.

God isn't earthly so cannot be restricted to an earthly tabernacle but simply requested for the tabernacle so he can use it as a tangible contact point (meeting place) between him and the people while also leading them by a visual aid attached to the tabernacle which were the pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night.

You are ever so so desperate to sound convincing with your lies but you are quickly dying off same as your OP. cheesy

God according to the story needed a terbancle that will serve as a dwelling place for him and he told the people to contribute things and build one for him something that clearly shows that he is nedy and not self sufficient because if he was swld sufficient he'll provide it for himself. Why you are redefining and trying to rewrite what was stated clearly is what I fail to understand. Na wah oo.
Re: All Sufficient God? by dalaman: 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:

Stop shifting the goalpost grin

Focus on your OP na. Or that one hard again? cheesy

Its part of the OP na. No be needy God wey need sacrifice and likes the smell of burning flesh?
Re: All Sufficient God? by budaatum: 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
Humanistme:

so the words supposedly spoken by the prophets and recorded in the bible are not from God?
At the very least, I'd have you consider they may not be or that there may be other words. God existing, that is.
Re: All Sufficient God? by budaatum: 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
hahn:

And my point is god does not exist smiley
And mine is, a concept called God exists, for some.

(All previous words of mine remain valid unless I say otherwise.)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Questions That Revealed Atheists Weakness / What Is Faith Really? / Images From The Christian Inquisition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.