Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

John 3 Vs 16 Says Bible Is A Complete Hoax - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / John 3 Vs 16 Says Bible Is A Complete Hoax (3508 Views)

Pastor In Video Marries 4 Ladies Who Are All Virgins At Once, Says Bible Support / Michael Job: Kenyan Jesus Deportation Hoax / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: John 3 Vs 16 Says Bible Is A Complete Hoax by budaatum: 10:17pm On Apr 07, 2018
vaxx:
lol, and nether can i the dady suggest to my son if the food taken by me only is enough for both of us. that will be crazy
Tell them! I'm seriously getting pissed off with people insulting Jesus with their utter unthinkiness. They hold on to their body and lose their souls!
Re: John 3 Vs 16 Says Bible Is A Complete Hoax by MuttleyLaff: 1:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
Ubenedictus:
you guys were all on the thread
... and what exactly do you recall, see me doing or read me saying on the thread?
You need to go over the less than six pages thread but this time carefully read it

Ubenedictus:
I shorten the 3 usernames, I am surprised you think I was referring to you in code in connivance with pastoraio, that is pretty surprising... are you Almighty God that I have to talk about in fear? I just don't get it.

I made a post in a thread where you guys are active and you think I was hiding it from you, aio responded without crying wolf about his username but you guys hold yourselves in such regard that to you a shorten username a a sign of ..... I just don't get it
Are you sure I really was that active on that thread?
Who exactly was I active with on that thread?

Ubenedictus:
this is a post you made on that thread among others
that made me wonder if your theology has a room for human failure
among members of the body of Christ
Well to begin with, I didnt post that nor is that post mine to claim authorship of

The only loggerheads, I had on that thread was a subtle one I had with Geist
and the odd one or two other loggerheads I werent directed at any particular moniker
but were aimed on certain dogmas and bigotries

I've previously shared this incident, to allay your misconception about what you erroneously think I advocate,
(i.e. when you lumbered me with PastorAIO and Emmanystone on the "Des Pensees" thread)
but I am repeating the story here, since you still wonder, if my theology has a room for human failure, I prefer human shortcoming,

At least over 15 years ago, we were having a relaxed and easy-going chat at the home of the pastor where we used to fellowship.
The chit chat drifted to him narrating a situation involving him and some other parties over an issue
During the course of the conversation, the pastor friend threw in, like as in a matter of fact and case of frankness, saying that:
"you know, I just said it because you know, I can't lie..."

We left and upon getting back home, whilst in the bedroom, reliving the day's event, I asked my other half, and said:
Hang on, what was he trying to say?.
Is he trying to imply he doesnt lie?.
He doesnt ever lie?

My other half, smiled and then laughed, kikiki ki.

Ubenedictus:
you wrote:

Yes, the best thing to do will be to leave the place because they do not represent Christ there.
But, leaving a place like that, doesn't mean you should leave Christ,
because, none of those men are you model, Christ is.
And, as long as you didn't see any of their trait in Christ, you follow He who called you to everladting life.
That's why we have a Bible.
You don't throw in the Towel and say, 'Christianity is a Farce', because Men have become senseless.

there you and aio seemed to advocate leaving a congregation if sin if found there as if it was supposed to b perfect
Are you sure you correctly attributed this to me?
OK, I'll take it, maybe you were too hasty, being quick to make rash conclusions, and so now owe me an apology.

Ubenedictus:
later you wrote:

Anything less than practising pure and faultless religion that God approves of, is not true and so thereby is false religion
This is so true, isnt it?

Compassion, empathy, consideration for others, is pointless,
except, you extend it, to someone or somebody, you dont understand
and equally extend it to someone or somebody, you do understand
Anything less, God doesnt approves of and so becomes false religion.

Ubenedictus:
again the perfection of Christian living just without it flaws in human nature.

I responded cautiously saying I may b wrong about expounding your views...
aio certainly felt that wasn't his view,
you on the other hand thinks I was gossiping about you in code.
this is my post in question
The following below important points are part of what you left out from all I posted:

#1 Inarguably, the word "religion" has changed its methods and meaning from what it originally was connected with
#2 Religion that is pure and faultless, is about not how regular one prays, is not about regular congregated attendance,
#3 Religion that is pure and faultless, is not about wearing hijab or burka
#4 Jesus mentioned a priest & levite (i.e. "church" worker) known to have slipped up on what pure and faultless religion is

The #4 one, on how a priest & levite slipped up, is most profound, of all the four points made.

The bible, on compassion, records at least twenty times:
about Jesus moved with compassion and/or had compassion,
the Samaritan had compassion,
believers making a difference from having compassion

Ubenedictus:
I may be wrong
but I see aio and emmany and mutty speak of religion in its purest idealistic form
and anathemize anything that fall under and below
Without quoting me out of context, please reproduce the quote where I anathemized

Ubenedictus:
and I am almost tempted to ask if any of you guys live out the religion you profess...
I understand what you regard or consider religion is
but I dont share that regard

Ubenedictus:
in my personal experience and in the experience of those around me it isn't perfect,
we fall under often, in fact Catholics make a point of describing Christian life as the personal workspace of the HOLY spirit
who constantly re-converts us, remake us and remold us....

in fact the awareness that I am living in Grace isn't the most interesting thing in my Christian life,
it is instead that act of falling down on my kneels
as God exposes parts of my life and attitudes, behavior and thoughts I have falsely built and leads me to a new path....
that is for me one of the best effects of grace.
living below what is perfect has not made me a lesser Christian,
it has led me forward it is part of what is genuinely Christian, the Christian is not a perfect product,
in my experience he is God's work in progress
26Then God said,
Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;
and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky
and over the cattle and over all the earth,
and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
27God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him;
male and female He created them.
31God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good.
And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day

- Genesis 1:26-27, 31

As you'll accept, Genesis 1:26-27, 31 is very useful and informative about all you wrote about here
but Genesis 1:27 is where the fascinating eye-opener is
Genesis 1:27 is where its confirmed, we are made in the image of God
but the likeness part of the deal is left out.
Why? It's because, it is a continuing, man, still a work in progress, every day ongoing thing

As one other man aptly put it:
Nearness to God brings likeness to God.
The more you see God, the more of God will be seen in you

Anyway, as I said in my original post, and repeated all over again, up above,
inarguably, the word "religion" has changed its methods and meaning, from what it originally was connected with

Ubenedictus:
I don't agree with you guys that a Christian doesn't steal, cheat, fornicate or commit sin,
cos he does, his benefit is simply the remaking, renewing and converting power of the HOLY spirit.

I have never seen the Christian Church as a gathering of the perfect, that is Calvinist,
for me it is a hospital for sinners, constantly healing and been healed....

I don't agree with this idea of perfection you guys seem to advocate
You had no reason to put me in this your group of "you guys" you dont agree with

1 Like

Re: John 3 Vs 16 Says Bible Is A Complete Hoax by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2023
vaxx:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. the serious problem I observed God loves the world so much that he sends his son? Why didn't he send himself?
The only logical explanation and conclusion one can reach is that God doesn’t really love us all that much, because he couldn’t send himself but he sends his son. Second what type of Father sends his son into harms way? A father doesn't put his son in harm's way, but he takes the harm and pain off his son so his son doesn't have to suffer. and lastly, what is the Bible trying to say when it says God has begotten a son? If the term Son of God is not meant to be taken then why is a literal word of offspring through sexual intercourse being used?
There are 2 solutions to this, either the God mentioned in the Gospel of John had physical relations with a lady to have Jesus, which is why he is called begotten, or someone made this teaching up, which throws the entire theology of John into doubt, since we can’t trust somebody who’s blatantly preaching a false doctrine concerning God.
another important question. why do God needs to have only one begotten son . can't he create a million of Jesus Christ? pls do not quote biblical reference to support your claim and try as much to avoid insult. logical explanation is all I need. this is not meant to ridicule Christianity, just want some scholarly reply
The major flaw in all of this is your flawed understanding of what Jesus Christ in fact said in John 3 which you lifted that verse from. undecided

While in the desert, the God of Israel sent snakes to kill the Israelites for complaining. And then God of Israel told Moses to lift a bronze snake proclaiming that those of the people of Israel— no mention of the foreigners who lived among them in the entire tale— bitten by the snakes(condemned to die) who would choose to look up at the bronze statue would be saved from death(condemnation of death), a sentence inflicted on them by God Himself.
4 The Israelites left Mount Hor and traveled on the road that goes to the Red Sea. They did this to go around the country of Edom. But the people became impatient.
5 They began complaining against God and Moses. The people said, “Why did you bring us out of Egypt? We will die here in the desert! There is no bread and no water! And we hate this terrible food!”
6 So the Lord sent poisonous snakes among the people. The snakes bit the people, and many of the Israelites died.
7 The people came to Moses and said, “We know that we sinned when we spoke against the Lord and against you. Pray to the Lord. Ask him to take away these snakes.” So Moses prayed for them.
8 The Lord said to Moses, “Make a bronze snake and put it on a pole. If anyone is bitten by a snake, that person should look at the bronze snake on the pole. Then that person will not die.”
9 So Moses made a bronze snake and put it on a pole. Then when a snake bit anyone, that person looked at the bronze snake on the pole and lived. - Numbers 21 vs 4 - 9
Moses lifted the bronze snake, and those who of them who looked up at it got to keep the lives they had. (Those who didn't lost the life they had.) undecided

In John 3, Jesus Christ stated that in much the same way that Moses lifted the snake in the desert for the people of Israel so also He too would be raised as a beacon for those amongst them — the people of Israel — who wished to live after being condemned to die by God of Israel - Deuteronomy 28.
14 “Moses lifted up the snake in the desert. It is the same with the Son of Man. He must be lifted too.
15 Then everyone who believes in him can have eternal life.”
16 Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him would not be lost but have eternal life.
17 God sent his Son into the world. He did not send him to judge the world guilty but to save the world through him. - John 3 vs 14-16
"In the same way" implies the circumstances of His raising — Jesus Christ's —would be the same as that experienced by the people of Israel at the time that Moses had to raise the bronze snake in the desert. The only difference, as Jesus Christ pointed out in the same passage is that in place of their very own lives, those who would look up to Him would obtain Eternal Life in place of the life they had. undecided

So, in essence, the world that Jesus Christ was sent to is the world that consists of those condemned of Israel aka the Lost sheep of Israel. Just as Jesus Christ made clear. But here you are saying that instead of what is written in the context, verse 14 only signifies Jesus Christ on the cross against that which Jesus Christ is written to have said in the context of John 3 vs 1 - 21, Why? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Outcome Of Satan's Meeting / Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? / If You Don't Believe God Exists, This True Life Story Will Change Your Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.