Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress (17324 Views)

Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU / ASUU Postpones Decision On Strike, Accuses FG Of Blackmail / ASUU Strike : FG And ASUU Postpones Meeting Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by JothamPerfection(m): 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
The fate of university students now hang in the balance as the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has directed its various branches to put on-hold the proposed emergency congress today meant to take final position on the strike.

The various branch congresses were scheduled for Monday to decide on the on going five-week-old strike after the National Executive Council (NEC) in Abuja on Thursday and Friday.

The national body of the union at the weekend sent signals to branch chairmen to put on-hold the proposed meeting thus prolonging the industrial action.

On Wednesday, University of Lagos, Lagos State University, University of Ibadan, Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Federal University of Technology Akure, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi and Federal University of Technology Minna voted for continuation of the strike
The following institutions voted for suspension: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) Ago Iwoye, Ogun State, Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State, Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto and University of Port Harcourt.

source
http://sunnewsonline.com/strike-ASUU-postpones-branch-congress/

3 Shares

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by fran6co(m): 10:13pm On Sep 17, 2017
grin FTC assu shd call off na it's ok
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
God why am I a Nigerian cry

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by abimbolabolaw(m): 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2017
ASUU why now.. I just get just 7 papers to write, make I just graduate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by JothamPerfection(m): 12:35am On Sep 18, 2017
what will seun, mynd44 fynestboi or lalaaticala do
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by otokx(m): 6:13am On Sep 18, 2017
Correct information.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 18, 2017
HMMM.. These guys are just playing with the future of millions. Anyway, that's Naija for you.
While still waiting for ASUU to call of the strike, visit my signature and find businesses you can do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Unsad(m): 7:08am On Sep 18, 2017
sad
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by nony43(m): 7:08am On Sep 18, 2017
Students should go and learn a trade, cos this strike will last longer that expected

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by DanielsParker(m): 7:08am On Sep 18, 2017
I see..
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by sticalmary: 7:09am On Sep 18, 2017
okay o

Welldone ASUU
You don't want students to graduate on-time.
Federal government too don't want students to resume school.

Here, someone in ASUU said an Army Colonel earns more than a professor. and that Nigerian lecturers are the least paid in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9hccOSAVgw?t=36s

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by ibkgab001: 7:09am On Sep 18, 2017
Most of the lecturers will turn to farmer or road side Mecco due to negligence

By the way where is this Lautech dwarf that told me To get out of his office grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 18, 2017
What's wrong with these people, its like they are enjoying the strike.
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Unsad(m): 7:10am On Sep 18, 2017
This is how FUTA Class 20 will end up Class 21 angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Unsad(m): 7:10am On Sep 18, 2017
Sabrina18:
What's wrong with these people, its like they are enjoying the strike.

I'm lost angry
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by kondogbia(m): 7:11am On Sep 18, 2017
ASUU just want to beat their last strike record of 6months

3 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by chrisbills74: 7:11am On Sep 18, 2017
Useless Professors joking with students.. .
They will be blaming Buhari why they are the worst..
Foolish fools.. ....

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Settingz321(m): 7:11am On Sep 18, 2017
is high time preachers should begin to preach that all sinners will end up in Nigeria, not hell fire

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by DIKEnaWAR: 7:11am On Sep 18, 2017
Nah so. Wicked set of sex offenders masquerading as lecturers. If I have my way na to proscribe ASUU.

They dealt with me as an undergrad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by kennyblaze007(m): 7:11am On Sep 18, 2017
This story is misleading.. ASUU are to meet FG today after having their congresses last week..what is this newspaper saying again??

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by jnrbayano(m): 7:12am On Sep 18, 2017
...and Buhari just jetted out of the country while education in his county is in a mess

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Samgreguc(m): 7:12am On Sep 18, 2017
no need to panic... its understandable na.... they put on hold d branch meeting so they could meet with FG today..... they cant b having branch meetings and also meeting with the FG.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Settingz321(m): 7:12am On Sep 18, 2017
kondogbia:
ASUU just want to beat their last strike record of 6months

Seconder
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Democrat1c(m): 7:12am On Sep 18, 2017
Who cursed Nigeria?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 18, 2017
Unsad:

I'm lost angry
Then get found angry.
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 18, 2017
Funnicator:
God why am I a Nigerian cry

Because you are a Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by sanfranka2(m): 7:13am On Sep 18, 2017
Failed state with failed proffesors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by OBTMOS(m): 7:13am On Sep 18, 2017
.what is their reason, not clearly stated
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Abdulpro1(m): 7:13am On Sep 18, 2017
And i already started packing my things yesterday with hopes dat the meeting will turn out positive results today, now this? Am.disappointed cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by ElectronicsGuy(m): 7:15am On Sep 18, 2017
H
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by sticalmary: 7:15am On Sep 18, 2017
okay o

Welldone ASUU
You don't want students to graduate on-time.
Federal government too don't want students to resume school.

Here (0:48), someone in ASUU said an Army Colonel earns more than a professor. and that Nigerian lecturers are the least paid in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9hccOSAVgw?t=36s

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by fergie001: 7:15am On Sep 18, 2017
ASUU,I know
Xmas call-off loading shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Ilorin Expels 13 Students For Misconducts / Teachers Registration Council Says Unqualified Teachers To Go In December / What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.