Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress (17335 Views)

Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU / ASUU Postpones Decision On Strike, Accuses FG Of Blackmail / ASUU Strike : FG And ASUU Postpones Meeting Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by dsocioemmy(m): 7:17am On Sep 18, 2017
ASUU.... wetin be the crime we Nigeria students commit? chai
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Bobbieydeey: 7:18am On Sep 18, 2017
Yall cursing ASUU and lecturers can like to chill yh, blame the government instead... If you are a a lecturer and they haven't paid your salaries won't you get pissed off?
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by benatti11: 7:20am On Sep 18, 2017
The worst part is that they are still admitting new students
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by amakaty5: 7:27am On Sep 18, 2017
ASUU and Federal Government no dey ever agree
sticalmary:
okay o

Welldone ASUU
You don't want students to graduate on-time.
Federal government too don't want students to resume school.

Here, someone in ASUU said an Army Colonel earns more than a professor. and that Nigerian lecturers are the least paid in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9hccOSAVgw?t=36s
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Geotomz: 7:28am On Sep 18, 2017
Pls Debunk Al The Ongoing Rumours, That ASUU Has Postponed The Meeting To Hold With The FG 2day. Go To Vanguard And Read More On It.
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by UncleSnr(m): 7:39am On Sep 18, 2017
Open University students will be like grin
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by PSVITA(m): 7:39am On Sep 18, 2017
POSTPONES BRANCH CONGRESS STILL WHEN
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by aod1(m): 7:39am On Sep 18, 2017
Unsad:
This is how FUTA Class 20 will end up Class 21 >sad
Class 17 is gradually turning 18
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Unsad(m): 7:44am On Sep 18, 2017
Sabrina18:
Then get found angry.

Found By you angry
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by sashx(m): 7:48am On Sep 18, 2017
abimbolabolaw:
ASUU why now.. I just get just 7 papers to write, make I just graduate

So sad. They can only delay your graduation but never your success man

2 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by guru90: 7:51am On Sep 18, 2017
kennyblaze007:
This story is misleading.. ASUU are to meet FG today after having their congresses last week..what is this newspaper saying again??

NIGERIA ALREADY IN A STATE OF CONFUSION.
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by GbogboNels(m): 8:22am On Sep 18, 2017
Almighty God please intervene in this matter... I don't understand what's really going on between ASUU and Federal government again, It's uncalled-for... At least they should take part of the money they recovered from lotters to settle ASUU... We demanded for change and we ain't seeing any changes... Things are becoming worse day by day... When are we really going to enjoy the fruitfulness of this country... This country is far richer than most European and America Union but can't really fathom the problem of this our nation... May God help us!!!

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by JothamPerfection(m): 8:24am On Sep 18, 2017
FG declares ASUU terrorist
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 18, 2017
Democrat1c:
Who cursed Nigeria?
Asiwaju bola Ahmed Tinubu
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Maj196(m): 8:41am On Sep 18, 2017
Bobbieydeey:
Yall cursing ASUU and lecturers can like to chill yh, blame the government instead... If you are a a lecturer and they haven't paid your salaries won't you get pissed off?
Lecturer spotted.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by riyanxeally(f): 8:56am On Sep 18, 2017
don't mind confusionist bloggers fg is set to meet dem by three....thy even refused to divulge the various outcomes of their votes.....yeye dey smell
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Yahayaezra(m): 9:57am On Sep 18, 2017
ASUU are playing politics and for self interest.....
let the government make this law
"NO WORK NO PAY"
Because as they are on strike they still pay them.
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by ogolaaa: 10:08am On Sep 18, 2017
…. [color=#000099][/color] [b] TO-GET” LIST WHILE WAITING FOR SERVICE

One period of your life you can feel so miserable and idle is the “pre-service” period. Well, the period varies depending on the school you graduated from, some schools make sure their graduates get to start the compulsory one year service as soon as possible, while some like the one I finished from (I’d prefer not to mention the name though) will make sure you wait a whole year before you have the hope of going for NYSC which could be very frustrating. A lot of people who don’t plan for this time get really frustrated, I guess you know why? It is very hard to get a reasonable job during this period. So the best you could do for yourself is to prepare for the good days. So when opportunities come knocking later, you won’t be eluded.
Well, I will quickly share few tips with you on what to do while waiting for NYSC.

1. Get Certified.

2. Get an Internship placement

3. Get a vocational Skill.

Let me start with the first, Get Certified; See, certification is the only way out of joblessness and the best time to get certified is now. I’ll tell you why; many certification institutes have discount for students, fresh graduates and NYSC members which means you have to take advantage of it; because once the discount umbrella covers you no more, you would have to pay the normally quite expensive amount professionals pay for certifications. Secondly, why procrastinate? If you have the means why not do it now instead of getting a new phone. The perfect time is always NOW!! You might never get the same opportunity you have now again. There are a lot of certification you might want to decide to get now; I’ll mention a few; Oil and Gas certifications like General and Advance HSE, NEBOSH and OSHA certifications will make you a prospect. These certifications are very important and they have taken a lot of people out of the labour market. They are relevant in almost any industry or sector and if you think that your course of study will rob you the opportunity to work in your desired industry, well, I have good news for you; there are oil and gas short courses that will avail you this opportunity.

Another important certification I will mention is I.T certification; you can get a certification in networking or programming while you wait for service. This will not only give you an edge in the labour market it will also make you a potential entrepreneur. Well, I used the word ‘potential’ because not everybody realise this and not everyone have the desire to become entrepreneurs. Getting I.T skills have the highest possibility of making you an entrepreneur. What more can I say? GET CERTIFIED!! CERTIFICATION IS THE WAY!!

Second point is; Get an Internship placement; this might be a little bit hard in this country especially for those who do not have uncles and aunties in these organisations, but it should stop you from trying. Write a letter to as many of them that you have mapped out and will be willing to work at, send you CV along side, and let them know you would be willing to intern in their organisation without getting paid. Of course, you shouldn’t be after the pay at this point in your life; you should be after the experience and the opportunity that comes with it.
Learning comes before earning you know. And as a matter of fact, you are still in your Learning stage. If you have few certifications already, it will boost your CV and increase your chances of getting the internship placement that is why I made the getting certification the chief point.
Well, the third one; Get a vocation skill is also important especially for those with the entrepreneur mind set. As a lady you might want to get some fashion designing, makeup or catering skills, there are several others though. And as a guy you might want to learn how to fix computers and phones or some computer software skills depending on your passion, you might even try the so-called ‘feminine’ skills I mention earlier or hair dressing. The trend is changing as men are becoming very successful in the line of businesses that was once believed to be feminine. Most women prefer the male touch to female. I bet these skills would certainly help you when you least expect.

written by Dapo Alabi
Oiltrain.org
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by asinty(m): 10:23am On Sep 18, 2017
Una wan kill us 4 house
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by dapoalabi91: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2017
….WHILE WAITING ON ASUU

I remember being a university student a couple of years back and the news comes to you that ASUU is going on strike. At first you don’t feel perplexed because you have no idea how long it will last and many students even see it as an opportunity to take a rest from the academic rigour. Not until months start counting and it starts getting boring by the day especially for those who go back home. They begin to pray that ASUU should call off the strike. But you could be always sure that it will take at least four months before your prayers get answered; well, I said four month because that’s the shortest ASUU strike I experienced as an undergraduate.
So while this strike is on, you don’t have to sit down there and relax or keep praying that the strike be called off. We both know those people don’t care about the youths. And an Adage says when two elephants fight the ground bears the brunt. Their kids are outside the country studying; trying to secure for them a better future, so they don’t care. The best you can do for yourself is to take your life is in your hands. Take the bold step and do something rather than waiting.

Well, I will quickly share few tips with you on what to do while waiting on ASUU.
1. Get Certified.
2. Get an Internship placement
3. Get a vocational Skill.

Let me start with the first, Get Certified; See, certification is the only way out of joblessness and the best time to get certified is now. I’ll tell you why; many certification institutes have discount for students, fresh graduates and NYSC members which means you have to take advantage of it; because once the discount umbrella covers you no more, you would have to pay the normally quite expensive amount professionals pay for certifications. Secondly, why procrastinate? If you have the means why not do it now instead of getting a new phone. The perfect time is always[b] NOW!! [/b]You might never get the same opportunity you have now again. There are a lot of certification you might want to decide to get now; I’ll mention a few; Oil and Gas certifications like General and Advance HSE, NEBOSH and OSHA certifications will make you a prospect. These certifications are very important and they have taken a lot of people out of the labour market. They are relevant in almost any industry or sector and if you think that your course of study will rob you the opportunity to work in your desired industry, well, I have good news for you; there are oil and gas short courses that will avail you this opportunity.
Another important certification I will mention is I.T certification; you can get a certification in networking or programming while you wait on ASUU. This will not only give you an edge in the labour market it will also make you a potential entrepreneur. Well, I used the word ‘potential’ because not everybody realise this and not everyone have the desire to become entrepreneurs. Getting I.T skills have the highest possibility of making you an entrepreneur. What more can I say? GET CERTIFIED!! CERTIFICATION IS THE WAY!!

Second point is; Get an Internship placement; this might be a little bit hard in this country especially for those who do not have uncles and aunties in these organisations, but it should stop you from trying. Write a letter to as many of them that you have mapped out and will be willing to work at, send you CV along side, and let them know you would be willing to intern in their organisation without getting paid. Of course, you shouldn’t be after the pay at this point in your life; you should be after the experience and the opportunity that comes with it. Learning comes before earning you know. And as a matter of fact, you are still in your Learning stage. If you have few certifications already, it will boost your CV and increase your chances of getting the internship placement that is why I made the getting certification the chief point.

Well, the third one; Get a vocational skill is also important especially for those with the entrepreneur mind set. As a lady you might want to get some fashion designing, makeup or catering skills, there are several others though. And as a guy you might want to learn how to fix computers and phones or some computer software skills depending on your passion, you might even try the so-called ‘feminine’ skills I mention earlier or hair dressing. The trend is changing as men are becoming very successful in the line of businesses that was once believed to be feminine. Most women prefer the male touch to female. I bet these skills would certainly help you when you least expect.

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Josonas: 11:40am On Sep 18, 2017
abimbolabolaw:
ASUU why now.. I just get just 7 papers to write, make I just graduate
It is well bro.I understand your plight.
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Bobbieydeey: 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
Lecturer ke, far from it just stating the obvious. Would lecturers just strike on their own? Won't they feed their children and take care of their daily activities? So they should just be teaching on empty stomach.... I'm not in support of the strike either but they have no choice
Maj196:
Lecturer spotted.
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by sarcasticwhyte(m): 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
Abdulpro1:
And i already started packing my things yesterday with hopes dat the meeting will turn out positive results today, now this? Am.disappointed cry
oga or madam start unpacking again

Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by sarcasticwhyte(m): 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
Bobbieydeey:
Lecturer ke, far from it just stating the obvious. Would lecturers just strike on their own? Won't they feed their children and take care of their daily activities? So they should just be teaching on empty stomach.... I'm not in support of the strike either but they have no choice
this is painment..
Which part you feeling the pain from..
It shall be well
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by sarcasticwhyte(m): 12:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
Sabrina18:
Then get found angry.
hahahaha
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by Korlah14: 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
The Suposd Branch Meeting Was Put On Hold To Enable Dm Focus On D Meetin Wit Fg. So We Hope It Cms Out Wel
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by bahaushe1: 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
I am not aware of any planned congress today. What I do know is that it is inability of FG to effect the release of Earned Academic Allowance agreed earlier that is delaying suspension of the strike.

ASUU doesn't want to take chances. Already Minister of Labour is playing the same old game.

As soon as FG release that money to the Universities ASUU will suspend the strike. The release may likely occur this week (probably today).
Re: Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress by smilings(f): 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
I can't tell what I did to this ppl.Been a Nigerian tire me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study / Chosen Crown University Foundation At Mgbidi Imo, To Be Laid By Rochas Okorocha / Federal Poly Owerri Bars Students From Driving On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.