Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,772 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

“I Won’t Date Simi Until She Apologizes For Saying Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Won’t Date Simi Until She Apologizes For Saying Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic (503 Views)

Twitter User, Tasha Gets Blasted After Saying Nigerian Men Are Ugly / Kenyan man got this For Saying Nigerian Women Aren't Beautiful & the Men can't.. / I Won’t Date Ghanaian Men, They Are Too Lazy – Chesan Nze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“I Won’t Date Simi Until She Apologizes For Saying Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic by craix(m): 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
One of Nollywood Biggest actor Uche Maduagwu has say he can never date singer Simi who recently blast Nigerian men for not being romantic.

The actor suggest the 'Jamb Question' singer should apologise for saying such statement concerning Nigerian men.

The Nollywood actor added by saying;

“I don’t believe Nigerian men are romantic. I think Nigerian men do not think they have to be romantic. I am not saying this to bash men but I think no one pushes Nigerian men to fight for anything so they have this sense of entitlement.

I was watching a Nigerian movie one day and there was this unfaithful Nigerian man who left his wife for another woman. At the end of the day, the other woman left him and he retraced his steps to his initial wife. The lady’s mother actually told her to kneel in front of the man and that bothered me a lot even though I knew it was a movie. That is the way things are.

“A lot of men grow up in this country feeling entitled to certain things and they believe that they don’t have to work for anything. This has been the case for generations and a lot of our mothers were unhappy because the society expected them to stay in the relationship.

I am not saying it is the right thing for people to leave their relationships but a man needs to fight for what he wants so he can value it. I think the problem is because a lot of Nigerian men feel self-entitled and I blame our culture and our mothers. Most mothers are the problem because when something happens, they are quick to advise the daughter and wives, they don’t tell the men that their actions are wrong. So if a man feels that he does not have to fight to keep the relationship, he would not.”

The actor disagree with her, defending and saying Nigerian men are over-romantic. He say the singer must apolozised for saying such statement.

He also posted on his Instagram;

I’ll think about dating you if you apologize for saying Nigerian men are not romantic… @symplysimi That’s wrong, Nigerian men are very #romantic, in short, “over romantic” is worrying some of us…

Its only in #Nigeria, that you will see a man who doesn’t have much, but will still try his best to make sure his #girlfrienduses a better and more expensive #phonethan he does, is that not #romantic? @symplysimi

Honestly, you are one of the most #beautiful female singers in Nigeria, and that’s because you have a very unique sound which i feel makes you stand out, but i am the #biggest actor in Nigeria too, and i will only think about dating you if you apologize to Nigerian #men… Please nobody should beg me. #repost #music#nollywood #regrann #share #naija #pics#girls #fas

SOURCE:http://www.thenaijaface.com/2017/09/i-wont-date-simi-until-she-apologizes.html

Re: “I Won’t Date Simi Until She Apologizes For Saying Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic by MustiizRaja(m): 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2017
ds guy is a chronic fool is dis nt the same guy that said he wants to date DJ cuppy months bk .. is dis guy well like this see his face like sliced potato

(1) (Reply)

“this Is Madness” – Actress Jaiye Kuti Reacts To US Singer, Rihanna’s Dressing / “Judaism Makes More Sense Than Christianity” –See which Ghanian singer said this / Wale Thompson Set To Thrill At La Royale Independence Kings Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.