Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service (31755 Views)

Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet / David Beckham Banned From Driving For 6 Months For Using Cell Phone Behind Wheel / Wayne Rooney Taunts Same Angry Man City Fans - 5 Years Apart! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by talk2saintify(m): 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2017

Former England captain and Manchester United star, Wayne Rooney has been banned from driving for two years and given 100 hours' community service after pleading guilty today to a drink-driving charge.
The Everton striker was stopped by police while driving 29-year-old party girl Laura Simpson home from a night out in her Volkswagen Beetle in Wilmslow, Cheshire, at 2am on September 1.
Rooney’s pregnant wife Coleen and their three sons were on holiday in Mallorca at that time.

Today, the Stockport Magistrates' Court heard Rooney was stopped because Miss Simpson's car had a faulty brake light and his breath reading was 104mg per 100ml of blood. The legal limit is 35mg.
The former England captain was handed a 24-month driving ban and given 100 hours' community service as part of a 12-month community order.
In a statement issued after the plea the striker, apologized for his 'unforgivable lack of judgment'.
Rooney said: 'Following today's court hearing I want publicly to apologise for my unforgivable lack of judgment in driving while over the legal limit. It was completely wrong.
'I have already said sorry to my family, my manager, and chairman and everyone at Everton FC. Now I want to apologise to all the fans and everyone else who has followed and supported me throughout my career.
'Of course, I accept the sentence of the court and hope that I can make some amends through my community service.'
In reply, the judge told him: 'I accept your remorse is genuine. I accept the effects this has had in you and your family.'
Rooney's lawyer, Michael Rainford, said he 'expresses his remorse for a terrible error of judgment'.
According to him, ‘ it's 'likely he will be fined by Everton, probably two weeks' salary' - which amounts to around £300,000.

http://valentineigbeli..com.ng/2017/09/update-wayne-rooney-banned-from-driving.html

4 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by GloriaNinja(f): 2:40pm On Sep 18, 2017
I WONDER WHY SOME PEOPLE PLAY WITH THEIR LIVES BY DRINK-DRIVING.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Generalkaycee(m): 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
True equality means holding everyone accountable in the same way, regardless of race, gender, faith, ethnicity or political ideology

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by dotcomnamename: 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
Well, no great hardship for him - he can afford a driver for as long as his ban lasts. However, it should be an automatic requirement that anybody convicted of drink driving should never be able to drive a car with a bigger engine than 1L once they get their license back. The smaller and less powerful the car the less damage it would do to another car, its passengers or pedestrians were there to be any future accident. It might also make the likes of Wayne Rooney think more about the implications as they wouldn't be able to drive their super-cars ever again. I hope the tax payer isnt footing the bill for the police presence!! He's such a loser. The drink driving element should be more news worthy than the other woman element. Idiots who take to the wheel drunk kill innocent lives. Being wealthy and good at kicking a ball around a field doesn't entitle someone to treat his wife and family this way. Shame on you Rooney, you uncaring, disrespectful, dishonourable, contemptible disgrace! He should be ashamed undecided.

16 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by darey77: 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nigeria no dey arrest celebrity sef... Hardly.

31 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by bedspread: 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
And His party girl Loral Simpson arrived work with the same bettle same day bobo Rooney was being docked........

Lesson: Endeavour to be on the right/good side cos whatsoever happens to you life continues.... no one send thou

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
This is a country that is sane.
A country that no one is above the law.
A country that doesn't make itself a slave forever under immunity clause.

If Jay Jay Okocha committed the same offence, I wonder if they can send him to Jail for 2 years

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Oluwaseyi00(m): 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
Kkkk

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by ikotunboy: 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
useless player

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by BoyHuncho(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
ehyah
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by flyca: 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
The full story be say

He had a scuffle with his wife. She refused to come to watch him play for a match he considered "very important". Rooney goes off to play, his wife didn't show up with the two boys, claiming she's "pregant and couldn't cope".

After the match, Rooney gets over the bar to get high. He hooks up with a babe who also happens to be a star too. He was dropping the babe off when police caught him.

Finally, the wife is threatening divorce.

Its a rough stage for Rooney now. cry

14 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Kaywaz(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
thank God I'm in Nigeria
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Adaumunocha(f): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
Irresponsibility. God catch am.

2 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Addicted2Women: 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2017

The UK laws are very strick

In the USA, you will only get your license suspended for a few months

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Humility017(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
what was he doing wit the lady?
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by aktolly54(m): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
Isok
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by dfrost: 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
angry Shameless Rooney. Thank God say you don comot for Man Utd before you bring shame come. Yeye natu. Chop 4-0 on Sunday. Chop 2 years on Monday + 100 hrs sweeping Mama Charlie's streets.

Villagers at work.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by TUBLEZ(m): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
Generalkaycee:
first to comment syndrome
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Addicted2Women: 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
GloriaNinja:

Drink driving ??

You mean drunk driving ??

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Ramaa(m): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
Rule of law

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Adaumunocha(f): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
flyca:
Na woman cause am
I don't understand, she forced him to drink above limit
Don't annoy me

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by nwaUrasi(m): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
I bet if it's in Nigeria his tribes men/women will accuse the government of marginalizing and intimidating him.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
GloriaNinja:
this mumu go just rush go comment first and comment one Dry shit on top all in d name of being evaberry or lady f mtchrw no go read 4 ur post jamb
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by MrOwonikoko: 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
So...make i...
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Tvegas(m): 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
This is why the western world will remain ahead of Africa. The rule of law prevails irrespective of who you are.

If na naija,we for hear "Na our brother,please leave him alone or Dem won jail am because he is from so so so tribe/region"'

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by sportark(m): 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
After that 4:0 demolition, aye leee ibosi oooo
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by RexTramadol1: 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
The judge is ethnocentric

Ces Wazza is from d minority.......ryt?
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by oluwayimika123: 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
Now this is a country where things work perfectly

It would ve been a case of afar u still get bottle 4 d car if such had happened here.
Not to even talk about measuring if he had taken beyond d driving limits.[b][/b]

Naija Police is only interested in bribes

2 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by trendymarseey(f): 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
Eyyah
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
Guy that is a man but has a brain of a teen
Your getting older and still doing stuff.
Who those that?
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by YINKS89(m): 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
After been beaten blue black ystdae by manu... U kom gt court sentence.... Na wa ooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON 2019: Zimbabwe Threatens To Boycott Today's Match With Egypt / Southgate Drops Raheem Sterling From England Squad After Attacking Joe Gomez / Wayne Rooney, Patrick Vieira Inducted Into PL 2022 Hall Of Fame (video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.