Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service (31761 Views)

Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet / David Beckham Banned From Driving For 6 Months For Using Cell Phone Behind Wheel / Wayne Rooney Taunts Same Angry Man City Fans - 5 Years Apart! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by junnyjake(m): 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
Generalkaycee:
True equality means holding everyone accountable in the same way, regardless of race, gender, faith, ethnicity or political ideology

Most importantly "social class"

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Bimpe29: 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nice one there. Can same happen here, where there is impunity and lack of respect for law or order?
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by UEDIBO: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:
I don't understand, she forced him to drink above limit
Don't annoy me
are u AN IPOB member?
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Nyela(m): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
dotcomnamename:
Well, no great hardship for him - he can afford a driver for as long as his ban lasts. However, it should be an automatic requirement that anybody convicted of drink driving should never be able to drive a car with a bigger engine than 1L once they get their license back. The smaller and less powerful the car the less damage it would do to another car, its passengers or pedestrians were there to be any future accident. It might also make the likes of Wayne Rooney think more about the implications as they wouldn't be able to drive their super-cars ever again. I hope the tax payer isnt footing the bill for the police presence!! He's such a loser. The drink driving element should be more news worthy than the other woman element. Idiots who take to the wheel drunk kill innocent lives. Being wealthy and good at kicking a ball around a field doesn't entitle someone to treat his wife and family this way. Shame on you Rooney, you uncaring, disrespectful, dishonourable, contemptible disgrace! He should be ashamed undecided.
lol u dey vex o.. the dude appologised na.. no 1 is above error. I understand ur greivances though
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Adaumunocha(f): 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
UEDIBO:
are u AN IPOB member?
No.
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by ayamprecious: 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
dfrost:
angry Shameless Rooney. Thank God say you don comot for Man Utd before you bring shame come. Yeye natu. Chop 4-0 on Sunday. Chop 2 years on Monday + 100 hrs sweeping Mama Charlie's streets.

Villagers at work.

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by logica(m): 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
He's such a loser
Rooney is a loser? I guess you are a winner?
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by harrypot1: 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
Generalkaycee:
True equality means holding everyone accountable in the same way, regardless of race, gender, faith, ethnicity or political ideology

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by EazyMoh(m): 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
Awon Village People gan!
What's wrong with calling a cab for her unless he wanted to play away match with the lady, in that case double wahala.
I hope his wife doesn't file divorce for infidelity.

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
just because of one night show with olosho chai if woman no kill you, you will live longer than Methuselah

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Dotwillis1(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
modelmike7:
This is a country that is sane.
A country that no one is above the law.
A country that doesn't make itself a slave forever under immunity clause.

If Jay Jay Okocha committed the same offence, I wonder if they can send him to Jail for 2 years

Bros they didn't send anyone to jail here

...it's a ban
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by abbeyty(m): 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
can this happen in Nigeria where someone of his status arrests for drink driving? Instead the police will be hailing him. That is when you hear them saying....oga Rooney wetin you go give your boys now ?
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by merrymike47(m): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
everybody be talking shit like drink driving z new in d part of d world where dey are, was it even recorded dat he killed anyone yet? all u modafuckers be acting like some perfect nigga, fvck u all and fvck d law 4 all i care. shit happens, let it not repeat itself
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Timsen: 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
At least he's remorseful....apology accepted
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by abbeyty(m): 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

I read this same comment in a foreign blog few hours ago

lol copy and paste comment
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by 12345baba(m): 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
So na this girl suck up all him energy, wey make am no fit shoot well for field
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by holums(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
If Rooney were to be Nigerian immunity would have covered him been a celebrated star...............in Nigeria some people are above the law
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by IMASTEX: 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
modelmike7:
This is a country that is sane.
A country that no one is above the law.
A country that doesn't make itself a slave forever under immunity clause.

If Jay Jay Okocha committed the same offence, I wonder if they can send him to Jail for 2 years
That is because Nigeria is not yet a country. "Banana republic"
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
talk2saintify:

Former England captain and Manchester United star, Wayne Rooney has been banned from driving for two years and given 100 hours' community service after pleading guilty today to a drink-driving charge.
The Everton striker was stopped by police while driving 29-year-old party girl Laura Simpson home from a night out in her Volkswagen Beetle in Wilmslow, Cheshire, at 2am on September 1.
Rooney’s pregnant wife Coleen and their three sons were on holiday in Mallorca at that time.

Today, the Stockport Magistrates' Court heard Rooney was stopped because Miss Simpson's car had a faulty brake light and his breath reading was 104mg per 100ml of blood. The legal limit is 35mg.
The former England captain was handed a 24-month driving ban and given 100 hours' community service as part of a 12-month community order.
In a statement issued after the plea the striker, apologized for his 'unforgivable lack of judgment'.
Rooney said: 'Following today's court hearing I want publicly to apologise for my unforgivable lack of judgment in driving while over the legal limit. It was completely wrong.
'I have already said sorry to my family, my manager, and chairman and everyone at Everton FC. Now I want to apologise to all the fans and everyone else who has followed and supported me throughout my career.
'Of course, I accept the sentence of the court and hope that I can make some amends through my community service.'
In reply, the judge told him: 'I accept your remorse is genuine. I accept the effects this has had in you and your family.'
Rooney's lawyer, Michael Rainford, said he 'expresses his remorse for a terrible error of judgment'.
According to him, ‘ it's 'likely he will be fined by Everton, probably two weeks' salary' - which amounts to around £300,000.

http://valentineigbeli..com.ng/2017/09/update-wayne-rooney-banned-from-driving.html

will Nigeria ever be like this? in my country ,the big man celebrity will get the policeman sacked.
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Michealforever: 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
dotcomnamename:
Well, no great hardship for him - he can afford a driver for as long as his ban lasts. However, it should be an automatic requirement that anybody convicted of drink driving should never be able to drive a car with a bigger engine than 1L once they get their license back. The smaller and less powerful the car the less damage it would do to another car, its passengers or pedestrians were there to be any future accident. It might also make the likes of Wayne Rooney think more about the implications as they wouldn't be able to drive their super-cars ever again. I hope the tax payer isnt footing the bill for the police presence!! He's such a loser. The drink driving element should be more news worthy than the other woman element. Idiots who take to the wheel drunk kill innocent lives. Being wealthy and good at kicking a ball around a field doesn't entitle someone to treat his wife and family this way. Shame on you Rooney, you uncaring, disrespectful, dishonourable, contemptible disgrace! He should be ashamed undecided.

All these title for just one person.
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Goldmaxx(f): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Drink driving ??
You mean drunk driving ??
you mean drunkard-driving
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by oluxzy: 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
cool[color=][/color] and i can drive o..if u watch fast and furious 7 i was d 1 dat drove that toyota camry that was on d express when vin disel was in the ferrari goan watch very well
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Smooyis(m): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2017
A sane society where the rule of law is sacrosanct.

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by vanhayor(m): 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Hope say u read d post cos did one wey u dey talk
Didn't u see he apologised??
Wetin u want again
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by riczy(m): 5:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
MrOwonikoko:
So...make i...
boil soup
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Bluffly: 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
darey77:
Nigeria no dey arrest celebrity sef... Hardly.

The celebrities and those wey never celeb go say "Do you know who I am".
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
A law is a law, if you are caught drink driving the law will sort you out, nothing else...it doesn't matter whether Rooney was the highest goal scorer in the England's team or the highest capped player...he is just am ordinary citizen and he was banned for 2 years...

If this happen in Nigeria now, we will be hearing that the case has been adjourned until March 30 2018, or his court case if political motivated because he is from another part of Nigeria, or for goodness sake he is the highest goal scorer for the Super Eagles...Nigeria, when will we develop...dear God please reset our brains in this country to default mode to think more sanely....
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by chimatruth(m): 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
ROONEY IS ABOVE 29. LOOK AT HIS FACE VERY WELL
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by UEDIBO: 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:
No.
why are u now beautiful?
Re: Wayne Rooney Banned From Driving For 2 Years And Given 100hrs Community Service by Adaumunocha(f): 5:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
UEDIBO:
why are u now beautiful?
Ya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Willian Joins Arsenal On A Free Transfer After Chelsea Exit / AFCON 2019: Zimbabwe Threatens To Boycott Today's Match With Egypt / Wayne Rooney, Patrick Vieira Inducted Into PL 2022 Hall Of Fame (video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.