Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

West African Bloggers Award 2017 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / West African Bloggers Award 2017 (2076 Views)

The Most Beautiful Bloggers In Nigeria 2017 (photos) / Can Bloggers In Other Niches Have This Many Posts? (Picture / Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 3:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
This is a project that started last year but due to the low participation of bloggers this event failed to hold and with the organisers determination to make this a reality, we resurrected it this year again learning a few things from our last year crisis.

Its time for bloggers to be recognize for their hardwork and passion put into the industry and with so awarded for a job well done. In years the bloggers that have work the hardest don't get the needed traffic but those who stole content and fraudulent ways of driving people to their blogs gets those traffic, all this are due to the general public having the ideas that all bloggers can't be credible which is not true, we have some very credible bloggers who go extra mile and put effort into getting original and credible content. This bloggers needs to be project to the public and the public needs to know where to get information when they needs them.

This is why the organisers are keen on making this event a success but without the full support of the bloggers it will just be another failed year. We ain't asking for money or valuables, just your effort and social media influence

Last year every blogger wanted money before they render services but this is our event, if its successful its our pride just like what dbanj and the rest did with headies in 2006 when it started originally, let's bloggers come together and make this a success

Thank you in anticipation

Just add your contributions and/or suggestion below

WABA Team
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 3:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
A 5-man team is being created for the event, each person in

- website design
- social media expert
- event planer
- a person that stays in surulere (so that he/she will be available for field work like meetings and proposals submission)
- strategist

Interested person should call or WhatsApp
0_8_1_1_5_5_7_2_6_3_4
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 3:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
A group for bloggers interested in the event is being created on WhatsApp so you can chat me with your name, blog and niche on 0_8_1_1_5_5_7_2_6_3_4
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by IwillSucced(m): 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
femivvita:
This is a project that started last year but due to the low participation of bloggers this event failed to hold and with the organisers determination to make this a reality, we resurrected it this year again learning a few things from our last year crisis.

Its time for bloggers to be recognize for their hardwork and passion put into the industry and with so awarded for a job well done. In years the bloggers that have work the hardest don't get the needed traffic but those who stole content and fraudulent ways of driving people to their blogs gets those traffic, all this are due to the general public having the ideas that all bloggers can't be credible which is not true, we have some very credible bloggers who go extra mile and put effort into getting original and credible content. This bloggers needs to be project to the public and the public needs to know where to get information when they needs them.

This is why the organisers are keen on making this event a success but without the full support of the bloggers it will just be another failed year. We ain't asking for money or valuables, just your effort and social media influence.

Last year every blogger wanted money before they render services but this is our event, if its successful its our pride just like what dbanj and the rest did with headies in 2006 when it started originally, let's bloggers come together and make this a success

Thank you in anticipation

Just add your contributions and/or suggestion below

WABA Team

One of the best ways to attract true bloggers is to make the award credible.. I mean imagine someone having to choose between a grammy award and a headies award... he will surely go for the headies, because it is more credible... If you are able to attract sponsors then you will attract bloggers... Imagine telling bloggers that if your blog gets picked among the top 3 then sponsors will be want to place ads in your blog. That is something bloggers will die for.

I will give more suggestions later

1 Like

Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
IwillSucced:

One of the best ways to attract true bloggers is to make the award credible.. I mean imagine someone having to choose between a grammy award and a headies award... he will surely go for the headies, because it is more credible... If you are able to attract sponsors then you will attract bloggers... Imagine telling bloggers that if your blog gets picked among the top 3 then sponsors will be want to place ads in your blog. That is something bloggers will die for.

I will give more suggestions later

Nice suggestion, the award is gonna be a plague given to bloggers in a prestigious event just like headies and amvca. Its gonna be the first time a blogger gonna be really celebrated like a celebrity and the theme is "TURNING BLOGGERS INTO CELEBRITY" please chat me on WhatsApp let's talk better.. Thanks for the opinion

1 Like

Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
This is a nice development. I think there's a site that usually run bloggers award yearly. Or have they quit?
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 11:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
HenryDion:
This is a nice development. I think there's a site that usually run bloggers award yearly. Or have they quit?

This is different, nobody has recognized bloggers in Nigeria with a real award plague, and with a glamorous event shown across west Africa
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 19, 2017
femivvita:

This is different, nobody has recognized bloggers in Nigeria with a real award plague, and with a glamorous event shown across west Africa

Are you sure you have the finance to make this possible?
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 7:51am On Sep 19, 2017
HenryDion:

Are you sure you have the finance to make this possible?

Its gonna be a sponsored event, its a bloggers event, if bloggers comes out to support it shouldn't be hard to get sponsors for the event
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 19, 2017
HenryDion:

I know the site but it's been a while.
Also the award given there is digital but credible
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 7:59am On Sep 19, 2017
Tuham:

I know the site but it's been a while.
Also the award given there is digital but credible

Giving a plague with a glamorous event gonna be the first of it kind.. We want an award that will change the face of blogging and makes hardworking bloggers have something that will change their career positively.

Let's support this initiatives, it's time to be celebrated as bloggers

2 Likes

Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2017
This is what the award will look like

Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by uhiochris1(m): 9:26am On Sep 19, 2017
I remember you posting about this last year.

I think you should scout for sponsors first and as for the bloggers they will definitely get involved when they hear that your sponsors are bringing something to the table for them.

Will the award still be based on judges decision or an open vote thing?
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:07am On Sep 19, 2017
Nice.. Not based in Lagos though. Just keep us informed of the latest updates smiley
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 10:24am On Sep 19, 2017
uhiochris1:
I remember you posting about this last year.

I think you should scout for sponsors first and as for the bloggers they will definitely get involved when they hear that your sponsors are bringing something to the table for them.

Will the award still be based on judges decision or an open vote thing?

You know what the sponsors want to know?

How many bloggers are in line with this initiatives, so its time for bloggers to come and unite to make this a success

Sponsors will come when bloggers make a statement
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 10:25am On Sep 19, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Nice.. Not based in Lagos though. Just keep us informed of the latest updates smiley

You don't need to be base in Lagos to have an impact on this award, just chat me on WhatsApp and we can talk more
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by kenn411: 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nice one... Am in. I mean, itz high tym we bloggers get celebrated/rewarded for our hard work.
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by uhiochris1(m): 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
femivvita:

You know what the sponsors want to know?

How many bloggers are in line with this initiatives, so its time for bloggers to come and unite to make this a success

Sponsors will come when bloggers make a statement
ok
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by Finstar: 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
uhiochris1:
ok

I'm henrydion, anti-spam bot banned me lol. M

When sponsors come onboard and present what they have to offer, bloggers will rush for this.. But starting this way makes you unserious. Everything has to be put to place to show that the organisation is serious and organised.

Since this is the first of its kind, you need to get a team who will be able to plan and support financially. Set this dream in motion and sponsors will come. Sponsors will only invest when they see how serious you're in for business and the ongoing buzz.

Another thing is promotion. How are you promoting this? Hope it's not only on this thread? If possible, run a paid ad. The more exposure, the better this dream becomes a reality.

1 Like

Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by FerrytimCharis: 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
Wonderful initiative. I would chat you up and we would talk.
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2017
Finstar:

I'm henrydion, anti-spam bot banned me lol. M

When sponsors come onboard and present what they have to offer, bloggers will rush for this.. But starting this way makes you unserious. Everything has to be put to place to show that the organisation is serious and organised.

Since this is the first of its kind, you need to get a team who will be able to plan and support financially. Set this dream in motion and sponsors will come. Sponsors will only invest when they see how serious you're in for business and the ongoing buzz.

Another thing is promotion. How are you promoting this? Hope it's not only on this thread? If possible, run a paid ad. The more exposure, the better this dream becomes a reality.

Please don't get banned again because your contribution is much more appreciated than you think

On the promotion, from my research I know bloggers are influencers and when we set out to do something we eventually do them.. I have a couple of bloggers ready to help spread the word through sponsored post on there blogs waiting to get more volunteers..

I think the only problem here is that bloggers don't know they play a huge role in promotion of this award and if they help spread the word on all social media I think the sponsors will come running to us
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2017
FerrytimCharis:
Wonderful initiative. I would chat you up and we would talk.

Thank you, would be waiting for that
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by Finstar: 6:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
femivvita:

Please don't get banned again because your contribution is much more appreciated than you think

On the promotion, from my research I know bloggers are influencers and when we set out to do something we eventually do them.. I have a couple of bloggers ready to help spread the word through sponsored post on there blogs waiting to get more volunteers..

I think the only problem here is that bloggers don't know they play a huge role in promotion of this award and if they help spread the word on all social media I think the sponsors will come running to us

I wont get banned again lol.

Now let's face reality.. Majority of bloggers are not ready to waste time promoting something they didn't start. To them, their blog is their business and your blog award is yours. Why would they leave their business to face yours? It's by giving them something mouth watery.. Something that's already on the table, not uncertainty.

Here's my suggestion. Get bloggers who really know what it takes to run the campaign, then work together as a team into making this dream a reality. Other bloggers might selflessly help, but chances are very slim.

Gather finance, don't wait for sponsors. When the campaign kick off In full, sponsors will come and bloggers will participate. You need to kick off asap. Launch the campaign.. Start promotion...and you'll be surprised at the result. Just take that step.

Hope you know that this is business? Hope you've draw a detailed plan on how this event is to go?
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
Finstar:

I wont get banned again lol.

Now let's face reality.. Majority of bloggers are not ready to waste time promoting something they didn't start. To them, their blog is their business and your blog award is yours. Why would they leave their business to face yours? It's by giving them something mouth watery.. Something that's already on the table, not uncertainty.

Here's my suggestion. Get bloggers who really know what it takes to run the campaign, then work together as a team into making this dream a reality. Other bloggers might selflessly help, but chances are very slim.

Gather finance, don't wait for sponsors. When the campaign kick off In full, sponsors will come and bloggers will participate. You need to kick off asap. Launch the campaign.. Start promotion...and you'll be surprised at the result. Just take that step.

Hope you know that this is business? Hope you've draw a detailed plan on how this event is to go?

Thanks

Firstly if you read from the start, you can see I'm looking for a 5-man team who can work for the actualization of this goal

Secondly I don't want to mention name but I'm flawed with the response I got from a top tech blogger who is willing to go as far as put a sponsored post on his tech blog and also help promote on his social media because he believes in what this platform will do to the blogging community

Thirdly if this is a success bloggers needs to understand its a collective advantage in the sense that now bloggers get a platform to build on and a standard to work with leaving the lazy and cunning bloggers no place in the industry, it also increase the competition in the industry and also further enlighten the public where to get credible information
Bloggers needs to start working for value more than they do for money, the exposure this platform will give to the blogging community is something to cherish

Lastly sponsors will come surely because they know what they can get from bloggers all they need to know is if the bloggers are in support so please bloggers let's support this, chat me up and let's talk bloggers I'm waiting
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
Screenshot to give you guys insight on what the award is about, don't mind the dates as it is dated last year which was when it was suppose to happen but didn't due to unforseen circumstances

Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
femivvita:
A 5-man team is being created for the event, each person in

- website design
- social media expert
- event planer
- a person that stays in surulere (so that he/she will be available for field work like meetings and proposals submission)
- strategist

Interested person should call or WhatsApp
0_8_1_1_5_5_7_2_6_3_4
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by Finstar: 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
femivvita:
Screenshot to give you guys insight on what the award is about, don't mind the dates as it is dated last year which was when it was suppose to happen but didn't due to unforseen circumstances

This is nice..
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 11:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
Finstar:

This is nice..

Thank you, so you see the goals and plan.. Its bigger than you think, bigger than headies and amvca because its the bloggers event.

So let's bloggers come out to support the innovation and make it a success

Who is in??
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 8:43am On Sep 20, 2017
Good morning bloggers, let's drop our number so I add you to the award group and give updates there
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by Finstar: 10:41am On Sep 20, 2017
femivvita:
Good morning bloggers, let's drop our number so I add you to the award group and give updates there

Add me up 0.8.1.6.7.9.7.0.9.6.9
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by femivvita: 11:03am On Sep 20, 2017
Finstar:

Add me up 0.8.1.6.7.9.7.0.9.6.9

Done, we need 10 bloggers to kick start the group, help tell other bloggers you know.. Will chat you up on WhatsApp
Re: West African Bloggers Award 2017 by Finstar: 11:07am On Sep 20, 2017
femivvita:

Done, we need 10 bloggers to kick start the group, help tell other bloggers you know.. Will chat you up on WhatsApp

Okay.. I will

(1) (2) (Reply)

Very Active Facebook Page With 26k Likes For Sale!!! / How To Delete Your Bet9ja Account / Will Facebook Be End On 5 November 2011?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.