Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,671 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

4 Common Email Blunders To Avoid - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 4 Common Email Blunders To Avoid (296 Views)

Full Tutorial On How To Avoid Facebook Account Ban On Newly Created Facebook Act / 12 Seo Mistakes To Avoid If You Want To Rank Higher / 10 Search Engine Mistakes To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Common Email Blunders To Avoid by PenPrince07: 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2017
The advent of internet has almost crippled letter writing (the one you do through the post office) and have also brought with it common email blunders.

It has dispersed the thronging crowds in post offices who longed to communicate with their loved ones.

Daily, countless electronic mails fly via computers and mobile devices across the world.

So, here are four common email blunders to avoid:

No Email Subject Line/heading

Just like a news story headline, mail subject line gives the recipient a peep into the content of your mail.

This is most important for busy persons/professionals who are bombarded by tonnes of mails. Your mail has more chances of being given the needed attention if it has a subject.

Don’t leave your mail naked, ensure you adorn it with a beautiful attire that will leave the receiver drooling to see what’s inside.

No/poor salutation

Except you’re sending the mail to your friend, or your mum, there is need for a formal salutation.

Don’t make the mistake hitting ‘send’ without a proper salutation; that's a one email blunder you'd avoid!

There are no hard and fast rule about this as you can use salutations like:

‘Hello, Michael’, ‘Good day, Tochi’, or even the normal ‘Dear sir/ma’.

Whichever way you want it to be, ensure it is appropriate for the receiver.

No introduction

This is a bit related to having a salutation. Again, this is where you sell yourself to the reader. If the person has not meet you before, the introduction is the perfect chance to strike a positive impression.

Take a look at this introduction line for one of the mails I sent:

“I’m Adewole, a content development strategist, social media expert. I help individuals/organizations leverage on the power of the new media to build a reputable brand.”

A finely cut introduction breaks the defence wall in the heart of the mail receiver and would, invariably, lead him to reading on –you’ve already hypnotized him.

After this, you can now table your request and burrow deeper like a rabid rabbit.

No signing off

Depending on your aim, your signing off might be take different dimensions –provided it passes your message well.

It’s like leaving a final impression on your recipient; akin to closing the door well after being allowed to enter a room.

"Thanks for your time. I look forward to scheduling a growth hack meeting with you, at your earlier convenience, if my proposal interests you.

Regards,

Adewole Emeka."

What common email blunders have you noticed in sending mails?
http://theflowingink.com/common-email-blunders-avoid/

(1) (Reply)

Members Needed On Pearstep Community / FREE COURSE - Learn How To Design And Monetize A Wordpress Blog For Free / Ever Heard Of The Dial-up Mode? Just Another Of Google's Hilarious Inventions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.