Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month (1045 Views)

This Groom Can't Wait For His Wedding Night / Should She Tell Him?? / Should She Tell Her Fiancee Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month by Livvvvy(f): 8:17pm On Mar 01, 2010
Please, I need urgent response to this:

A friend (female) of my husband that resides in kaduna just called asking for his advice.
She said some guys came to introduce forex trade to her, which she found interesting so she gave them some amount of money, after a month, they called her to inform her that her money has been doubled. She was paid the doubled sum.

She was excited and then decided to let her husband into it. Her husband showed no interest, she begged her husband that her husband should please bring money for them to invest but the man refused outrightly.

After so much thought on how much she could gain on it, she decided to use the money her husband gave her to keep, she added the money she had saved from her job and also some money she got from some few people around her workplace. It amounted to N1.4m. She took the money to these guys office and they assured her the she will get her returns soon.

After a month when she didn't hear from them, she tried calling them but didn't get through. She visited their office and found out it has been destroyed by soldiers, she broke into tears.
After some few days she was able to get their new address. They assured her that they will pay her the initial sum she deposited but she should give them till month end.

The problem here now is that she wants to know if she should tell her husband or pretend as if nothing ever happened. But she is afriad her husband may hear from some other source (mostly some of her collegues she also introduce into it) and would guess she has been up to something.

My husband asked her to relax herself that he will call her tomorrow, but my husband is confused and sort for my opinion from a woman's point of view.
Should she tell her husband or just wait till the end of the month when she will paid or just forget about telling him?
Re: Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month by Pampers: 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2010
Unfortunate, if it yielded positive, he'ld definately praise her, she would have been the best wife on earth, The decision to tel now or not depends on the kind of person the husby is. Am short of words. Wish her sucess,
Re: Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month by Livvvvy(f): 9:07pm On Mar 01, 2010
Pampers:

Unfortunate, if it yielded positive, he'ld definately praise her, she would have been the best wife on earth, The decision to tel now or not depends on the kind of person the husby is. Am short of words. Wish her sucess,

Thank you so much for your reply.
Exactly what I told my husband initially, he (my husband) has to ask the lady what character her husband has concerning how he takes issues on distrust and betrayal (probably on his friends, family etc), in that way she can approach him.
But my hubby don't seem to get my point as such and don't know exactly what to tell her.

Please more ideas on how she can approach her husband on this. Should she tell or not?
Re: Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 01, 2010
Re: Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month by skfa1: 9:27pm On Mar 01, 2010
She should tell her husband. That will make things lighter if it turns out at the end of the day that she has been duped.

Please people be careful of double your money.
Re: Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month by Pampers: 9:34pm On Mar 01, 2010
I think she should tel. He might render an intervention that would sort things out, she should be very matured and diplomatic in breaking the news. If she feels she'ld not be strong enough to tel him, or she fears his immediate reaction, she could invite some elders or his closest friend to break it. Am seriously prayin 4her sha.,i realy feel for her.
Re: Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month by skfa1: 9:41pm On Mar 01, 2010
^^^

I feel for her too. More reason to be careful in all you do.

I pray God will get back the money for her o (Amen)
Re: Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month by omega25red(m): 9:55pm On Mar 01, 2010
A sucker is born every 30 seconds grin

They used the 3 card monty game on here where they have 3 cards and you have to pick the spade. the first time you find the spade but every other 3 times they eat your money. Tell her to tell her husband so they could come up with a plan to pay the co-workers because not only will her reputation be damaged she would also be looked upon as a duper
Re: Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2010
Ponzi Scheme a.k.a One Chance, better tell her to brace up to the truth. The money has long disappeared
Re: Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month by coolier(f): 10:58pm On Mar 01, 2010
Livvvvy:

She was excited and then decided to let her husband into it. Her husband showed no interest, she begged her husband that her husband should please bring money for them to invest but the man refused outrightly.

Livvvvy:

After so much thought on how much she could gain on it, she decided to use the money her husband gave her to keep,

She should have taken a cue from her husband who knew better, but no, she wanted to get rich quick and even went as far as using the money her husband gave her for safekeeping, that was foolhardy. But the most shocking is the fact that she borrowed more from colleagues at work to gamble with. She is greedy and a disgrace to her husband.
Re: Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month by Delta007(m): 4:15am On Mar 02, 2010
A sucker is truly born every minute. The mentality of making quick money is really killing Nigeria (and Nigerians).

Back to the topic, the earlier she tells her husband the better. Regardless of how the husband may take the news, she has to deal with the consequences of her actions; that's just how life is, the more she tries to mitigate the consequences of her foolishness, the deeper she digs the hole.
Re: Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month by biina: 4:35am On Mar 02, 2010
A fool and her money are soon parted undecided
Re: Should She Tell Him Or Wait Till The End Of The Month by Livvvvy(f): 9:04am On Mar 02, 2010
Thank you all.

My hubby will be calling her today. Guess she has no option than to tell husband.

I will let you know how it all went for her after she has reported herself to her hubby.
Thank you all for your replies again.

(1) (Reply)

Day After Wedding: Groom Murders Elder Brother / Facts About Some Selected Names Of Igbo Girls... / ............

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.