Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,417 members, 7,812,229 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award (11088 Views)

China Bans BBC World News From Broadcasting / Amina Amal Sues Hadiza Gabon For Beating Her Over Lesbianism Accusation / Hadiza Gabon Beats Amina Amal Over Lesbianism Accusation. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by bewla(m): 7:46am On Sep 19, 2017
HenryDion:
You're a fool for quotating me.. Not just a fool, a jobless fool tongue

pls no kill me with laff this morning
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by repogirl(f): 8:15am On Sep 19, 2017
Wow, the guy is dead sef. Didn't know.
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by lordizak(m): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2017
drizslim:
One day , My comment will come on top. I will show it to My university teacher, who said that I can't achieve anything in my life.

What are you high on? That will prove him right.
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by ofuonyebi: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2017
This is what our ladies and guys abroad should be doing not the drug pushing

or sex slavery and other scandals that jeopardize their life and the good name of their fatherland

congrats to our BBC news winner...more grease to your brain!
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by bedspread: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2017
Beautiful sister
CONGRATS
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by fk001(m): 8:50am On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:
I used to envy the fluent english these journalist spoke in front of cameras. So faultless and without error until they shattered my illusion in billion pieces. I discovered they were just reciting a script from a teleprompter. No wonder they dont make mistakes. I was even shocked when I learnt obama used the same thing. Ever since I just dislike them all. I stopped listening to his speeches.
Forget all these their journalism schools. Anybody can win an award reading from a teleprompter.

If you are not well trained you cannot read that thing.

Believe me i am telling you the truth.

1 Like

Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by Imortal001: 9:08am On Sep 19, 2017
HeWrites:
Why na @ the guy above
Sorry! Try Again Later!
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by boringnigerian: 9:13am On Sep 19, 2017
jaggabban:
Wow, going places. Congratulations Heroin, making Nigeria proud.

I'm sure heroin is NOT making Nigeria proud!

(Sorry,couldn't resist!)
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by JaffyJoe(m): 9:13am On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:
I used to envy the fluent english these journalist spoke in front of cameras. So faultless and without error until they shattered my illusion in billion pieces. I discovered they were just reciting a script from a teleprompter. No wonder they dont make mistakes. I was even shocked when I learnt obama used the same thing. Ever since I just dislike them all. I stopped listening to his speeches.
Forget all these their journalism schools. Anybody can win an award reading from a teleprompter.

Madam, correspondents/reporters don't read from teleprompters.

1 Like

Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 19, 2017
Adeyeancah:
A journalist from north-eastern Nigeria has won
the third BBC World News Komla Dumor Award.

Amina Yuguda is a news presenter on local network
Gotel Television, where she has reported on high-
profile news stories, including the Boko Haram
insurgency.

She will start a three-month placement at the BBC in
London in September.

The award was created to honour Komla Dumor, a
presenter for BBC World News, who died suddenly
aged 41 in 2014.

Ms Yuguda said her win was a "huge honour".
"I was overwhelmed with joy. Storytellers have
always had an important role in Africa... this is what
defines us. Today journalists are taking on that
responsibility."

She impressed the panel with her story-telling and
her ability to convey complex ideas in a way that
resonates with a wide audience.

She is excited to work at the BBC, given her
understanding of the corporation's impact among
pastoralists in her hometown, saying in her
application:
"With little or no formal education, my countrymen
can hold their own in a variety of topics, including the
Trump presidency in America, North Korea's
defiance, Russia's foreign relations under Putin, and
more."

BBC World Service Group Director Francesca
Unsworth said Ms Yuguda was a worthy winner:
"To find someone who possesses many of Komla's
qualities is something for us to celebrate, and we are
very excited about working with Amina."
Previous winners of the Komla Dumor Award were
Ugandan news anchor Nancy Kacungira and Nigerian
business journalist Didi Akinyelure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41270970?ocid=socialflow_twitter

ipob and co will be like na quota system them use select aboki no dey go school tongue
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by Ahmedhussain3463: 10:21am On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:
u are right there is this electronic device they call autocue they normally read from.only the presenters see it nd is hidden from audience.it will only appear as if his/she looking at the audience.sister u are right i dnt respect them like b4 and my admiration for them reduce drastically after knowing this secret.
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by trigonometry: 10:44am On Sep 19, 2017
Queenlovely:
trust me u cant do it well, even with the teleprompters.............. u still need training, so respect other people's craft.
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 19, 2017
Congratulations!
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by fay39: 11:11am On Sep 19, 2017
huge congrats to u Amina it's a good one.
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2017
So oyinbo sabi marginalisation and quota system?
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
she is trying. always on point. congrats to her and to the gotel crew.
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by kt110(m): 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2017
Another aboki makes us proud again after that overall NDA sokoto guy chaii so northerner sabi book like this, congrt Nigerians
Re: Amina Yuguda Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award by Maafiaalady: 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
Adeyeancah:
A journalist from north-eastern Nigeria has won
the third BBC World News Komla Dumor Award.

Amina Yuguda is a news presenter on local network
Gotel Television, where she has reported on high-
profile news stories, including the Boko Haram
insurgency.

She will start a three-month placement at the BBC in
London in September.

The award was created to honour Komla Dumor, a
presenter for BBC World News, who died suddenly
aged 41 in 2014.

Ms Yuguda said her win was a "huge honour".
"I was overwhelmed with joy. Storytellers have
always had an important role in Africa... this is what
defines us. Today journalists are taking on that
responsibility."

She impressed the panel with her story-telling and
her ability to convey complex ideas in a way that
resonates with a wide audience.

She is excited to work at the BBC, given her
understanding of the corporation's impact among
pastoralists in her hometown, saying in her
application:
"With little or no formal education, my countrymen
can hold their own in a variety of topics, including the
Trump presidency in America, North Korea's
defiance, Russia's foreign relations under Putin, and
more."

BBC World Service Group Director Francesca
Unsworth said Ms Yuguda was a worthy winner:
"To find someone who possesses many of Komla's
qualities is something for us to celebrate, and we are
very excited about working with Amina."
Previous winners of the Komla Dumor Award were
Ugandan news anchor Nancy Kacungira and Nigerian
business journalist Didi Akinyelure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41270970?ocid=socialflow_twitter

so feels good seeing my class mate going this far.... Congrats Amina Yuguda

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of Balogun Ayo Ibrahim Aka Wizkid When He Was In Secondary School / Ruggedman Slams His Lily Livered Colleagues / Ozzybee Meets With CSP Dolapo Badmus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.