Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,696 members, 7,955,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:32 AM

Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? (883 Views)

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible / Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by NASTYNASOSO: 7:47am On Sep 19, 2017
SOMEONE SHOULD PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS

EXPLANATIONS ON JESUS AND THE CROSS MATTER

1. Who carried the cross of Jesus to Golgotha?
a) Jesus carried the cross (John 19 : 17)
b) Simon of Cyrene carried the cross(Mark 15:21-22).

2. Which of the two thieves that was crucified along with Jesus made jest of him?
a) The two thieves made jest of him (Mathew 27 :44)
b) Only one thief made jest of him (Luke 23:39)

3. Judas repented after he had given Jesus unto enemies, what then became of the thirty silver coins earlier received by Judas?
a) Judas threw down the coins in the temple before the high priest and the high priest used it to buy a large piece of land to be used as burial ground for strangers(Mathew 27 :6-7)
b) Judas spent the money to buy certain portion of land for himself (Act 1:16)

4. How did Judas die?
a) he hanged himself (Mathew 27 :5)
b)he fell from a high place, his bowel split open and he died (Act 1 :18)

Imagine if you are a Bible Quiz master and some of the above questions are asked during the Quiz Competition, which of the available two answers for each of the question will you accept as the right answer in each case?
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by Josephjnr(m): 7:51am On Sep 19, 2017
Funny.Let me talk like a typical African Christian, my brother, God will give you the inspiration to understand his words,it is only your canal mind that sees those things as contradiction. Our God is perfect just like his words. Remain blessed.
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by emmanuel1990(m): 8:24am On Sep 19, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:

2. Which of the two thieves that was crucified along with Jesus made jest of him?

3. Judas repented after he had given Jesus unto enemies, what then became of the thirty silver coins earlier received by Judas?
a) Judas threw down the coins in the temple before the high priest and the high priest used it to buy a large piece of land to be used as burial ground for strangers(Mathew 27 :6-7)

4. How did Judas die?

Imagine if you are a Bible Quiz master and some of the above questions are asked during the Quiz Competition, which of the available two answers for each of the question will you accept as the right answer in each case?

no 1, Jesus was carrying the cross, when he became tired the roman soldiers saw a man by the name simon, ant he helped him to carry it, bt the cross was still too heavy for simon alone to carry, so jesus joined him together they carried it.
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by obinna58(m): 8:45am On Sep 19, 2017
The contradictions made the Bible tricks possible, just chose whatever you want and backup it up with contradicting verses and feel the understanding is from Holy Spirit
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by PROPHETmichael: 9:18am On Sep 19, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:

(ANS) Bottom line is a cross was carried and it is well known that Jesus carried it.

(ANS) Bottom line is a thief made jest of Jesus.

(Ans) Bottom line is he was paid for service rendered, how he spent it doesn't concern me.

4. How did Judas die?
(ANS) The bottom line is he died.

Don't be like the muslims who reads the scripture to find faults...The bible was there before you were born, including your ancestors and it will still be there long after you are gone. It has humbled kings and emperors and you are not even a king yet.

BE WISE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by atheist5(m): 9:22am On Sep 19, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

Don't be like the muslims who reads the scripture to find faults...The bible was there before you were born, including your ancestors and it will still be there long after you are gone. It has humbled kings and emperors and you are not even a king yet.

BE WISE!!!

just look at the nonsense you just typed

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by PROPHETmichael: 9:27am On Sep 19, 2017
atheist5:
just look at the nonsense you just typed

1. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

2. The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The bible called people like you FOOLS........so my dear, i don't waste time with fools.

Have a nice day!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by atheist5(m): 9:33am On Sep 19, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

1. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

2. The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The bible called people like you FOOLS........so my dear, i don't waste time with fools.

Have a nice day!!!
religion has killed your brain and logical thinking,you base your life around a mythical medieval jewish-roman propanganda and you wear delusions with pride,Nigeria is a failed state because people like you are in large numbers, you religionist detest thinking like you are some stone-age theologian, a country without thinkers is bound to fail and the likes of you make up the bunch of Nigeria,shame!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by obinna58(m): 9:38am On Sep 19, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

BE WISE!!!

Is this what you called wisdom, I can see you're intellectually disabled

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by iamgenius(m): 9:47am On Sep 19, 2017
emmanuel1990:
no 1, Jesus was carrying the cross, when he became tired the roman soldiers saw a man by the name simon, ant he helped him to carry it, bt the cross was still too heavy for simon alone to carry, so jesus joined him together they carried it.
Rashduct4luv come and see oo. You said it and I saw it. LOL �

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by iamgenius(m): 9:49am On Sep 19, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

BE WISE!!!

What is this one saying?
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by ValentineMary(m): 10:04am On Sep 19, 2017
Josephjnr:
Funny.Let me talk like a typical African Christian, my brother, God will give you the inspiration to understand his words,it is only your canal mind that sees those things as contradiction. Our God is perfect just like his words. Remain blessed.
Really that's ur answer? u could have just said u don't know and saved us some data loading this page. Thanks
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by ValentineMary(m): 10:07am On Sep 19, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

BE WISE!!!

Let me ask, do u read the Koran (if u do) to believe or to find fault
The Regved has been there before u were born even before Jesus was born and would be there after u die. Does that make it an ultimate truth? you ans
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by emmanuel1990(m): 10:31am On Sep 19, 2017
iamgenius:
Rashduct4luv come and see oo. You said it and I saw it. LOL �
saw what?
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by Hier(m): 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:

4. How did Judas die?

Though it might seem like though you , but aut
these doesn't change the fact or contradict g fact that

we fell from the beginning-Genesis.

Jesus came

Jesus was cruxified

Jesus rose having destroyed all principalities and power

Jesus gave us authority over principalities and power

Made us hiers with Christ

If any of the above are affected, then I will see that as contradiction
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by iamgenius(m): 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2017
emmanuel1990:
saw what?
Did I mention or quote you?
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by iamgenius(m): 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hier:

Though it might seem like though you , but aut
these doesn't change the fact or contradict g fact that

we fell from the beginning-Genesis.

Jesus came

Jesus was cruxified

Jesus rose having destroyed all principalities and power

Jesus gave us authority over principalities and power

Made us hiers with Christ

If any of the above are affected, then I will see that as contradiction
Did you type this in your sleep? It's gibberish sir

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

Have a nice day!!!
Hmmmmm. Man can never comprehend the Bible except by the leading of the holy ghost
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by iamgenius(m): 5:41pm On Sep 19, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

Have a nice day!!!
Your Own god is foolish abi? You'll still say I have no Holy Spirit to understand you. Even ayam not understanding sef.
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by iamgenius(m): 5:42pm On Sep 19, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Hmmmmm. Man can never comprehend the Bible except by the leading of the holy ghost
Holy Spirit for everything?
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
iamgenius:
Holy Spirit for everything?
"
But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God"
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by surplusspending(m): 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
OP ...please your response is needed here...
The power to create and impart life is the exclusive right of God alone. He cannot permit angels or prophets to create life or they would also be God.

Yet Koran on the one hand teaches that Jesus fashioned a bird out of clay and imparted life into the bird (Sura 3:49), while on the other hand, the same Koran teaches that Jesus is no more than a
prophet.
It is common knowledge that only God is worthy of worship, yet the Koran teaches that Iblis or Satan was cast out of heaven for his refusal to worship Adam (Sura 2:34; 7:11-13; 38:72-77). Wine is forbidden to Muslims here on earth (Sura 5:92, 2:219) but rivers of wine are promised them in Aljana, the Muslim heaven (Sura 47:15; 76:6; 83:25).
Re: Why Is The Bible Full Of Contradictions? by iamgenius(m): 8:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
The guy above me needs help. I'm ready to offer it for free. Sorry I can't type much now coz I'm busy.

(1) (Reply)

Did Adam And Eve Really Ate 'apple' ? / Whats Your Opinion On Who A Christian Should Be? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/12/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.