Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Did Adam And Eve Really Ate 'apple' ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Adam And Eve Really Ate 'apple' ? (783 Views)

What Language Did Adam And Eve Speak? / Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? / How Many Years Did Adam And Eve Live In Eden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Adam And Eve Really Ate 'apple' ? by timmydent: 10:39am On Dec 03, 2017
I was just strolling round my church today and just went to the children's department and I was listening to their lecture; then I heard something that captivated my attention. The teacher told the the children that Adam and eve ate the forbidden apple.
That really caught my attention but I didn't even made the attempt to correct the teacher because I wasn't even sure my self if truly it was an apple they ate.
To cut the story short, I went into the Bible

Good news bible: genesis 2:16 says "He told him, “You may eat the fruit of any tree in the garden, 17 except the tree that gives knowledge of what is good and what is bad. You must not eat the fruit of that tree; if you do, you will die the same day.”

King James Bible: genesis 2:16 says "And the Lord commanded the man, saying, of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat 17 but the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die "

Many individuals believe Adam and eve ate apple but it is false
Re: Did Adam And Eve Really Ate 'apple' ? by Trustme2(m): 10:41am On Dec 03, 2017
Don't know o
Re: Did Adam And Eve Really Ate 'apple' ? by timmydent: 10:42am On Dec 03, 2017
some people even go as far as saying "Apple that opened Adam's eye is the one that closed abacha's eye"

lol
Re: Did Adam And Eve Really Ate 'apple' ? by tmx21(m): 10:45am On Dec 03, 2017

Many wrong translation of the Bible.

The Bible only told us they ate the "fruit" and not any mentioned apple. Even some pastors today don't know what they preach; imagine a pastor of a popular church arguing with me that "HEAVEN HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES" is actually a bible verse. May holy spirit teach us the right interpretation of the BIBLE.

1 Like

Re: Did Adam And Eve Really Ate 'apple' ? by timmydent: 11:29am On Dec 03, 2017
fp material
Re: Did Adam And Eve Really Ate 'apple' ? by emmanuel1990(m): 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
Trustme2:
Don't know o
the bible did nt specify the fruit that they ate, the only that bible said was that the fruit is the of knowledge of good and evil...

u and i know that apple does nt give any hidden knowledge, secondly if we say it was apple that the ate, which type of apple? because we have many types of apple, we even have one in my house in the village..

finally, why most people say that it was apple is because apple it's very atractive.
Re: Did Adam And Eve Really Ate 'apple' ? by Boss13: 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
Whilst you guys are debating whether it is apple or fruit, how you guys even considered if Adam and Eve truly existed. Science have since estimated that Man may have existed very long and in Africa and not Middle East. Human fossils of have been found in Africa which are very old than the stories in the Bible

1 Like

Re: Did Adam And Eve Really Ate 'apple' ? by budaatum: 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2017
timmydent:

I was just strolling round my church today and just went to the children's department and I was listening to their lecture; then I heard something that captivated my attention. The teacher told the the children that Adam and eve ate the forbidden apple.
That really caught my attention but I didn't even made the attempt to correct the teacher because I wasn't even sure my self if truly it was an apple they ate.
To cut the story short, I went into the Bible

Good news bible: genesis 2:16 says "He told him, “You may eat the fruit of any tree in the garden, 17 except the tree that gives knowledge of what is good and what is bad. You must not eat the fruit of that tree; if you do, you will die the same day.”

King James Bible: genesis 2:16 says "And the Lord commanded the man, saying, of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat 17 but the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die "

Many individuals believe Adam and eve ate apple but it is false
Unfortunately, those little kids will develop an idea in their heads the the fruits of knowledge of good and evil is a bad fruit and they need to stay away from it. Can you see how they will not become like gods knowing the difference between good and evil?

It is a pity that the wool is pulled over their eyes. Thank god for the coming of Christ, and Martin Luther. The Bible would have remained in the so called godly language of Latin and people would really still be n*aked!

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Buys Brand New Maserati Levante Car For His 6yrs Old Daughter / Jezebel Spirit In Women Exposed / How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.