Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,594 members, 7,770,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:38 AM

Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star (20929 Views)

Onyinye Ikechukwu Unveils African Somma Bukka, Releases Domestic Cooking Shoot / Agatha Amata Celebrates 50th Birthday (Photos) / Exclusive! Chief Osita Osadebe’s Son, Onyinye Osadebe Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 20, 2017

Triumph Story Of Nigerian Song Mistress---Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor

Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor, a graduate of the MUSON School of Music, Onikan, Lagos, is a living testimony that the darkest night often reveals the bright star.

She lost her dad at the age of four and faced a tough struggle for survival, along with her widowed mum and other four siblings. Not even her mother’s diligent hands could ease the stranglehold of hardship on her family.

Consequently, Ibeazor lost the opportunity of studying Law at the Anambra State University (ANSU). Her disconsolate mother couldn’t afford the tuition and living cost. It was the darkest hour of her life, as her youthful dream of becoming a lawyer crashed irretrievably before her eyes.
Like a drowning man that clutches at a straw, Ibeazor grabbed the opportunity of studying at the Muson Diploma School, Lagos, with the tuition fees paid by MTN Foundation for admitted students. Attending the school, surprisingly turned out to be the magical key that unlocked her gates of treasure.

Hear her testimony: “I got admitted to study at MUSON and attended for two years, completing my associate diploma degree and graduating with prize for voice. Two years after my graduation, I was awarded a scholarship by former NNPC Spokesman, the late Dr. Levi Ajuonuma. This enabled me to attend Truman State University in the United States, where I just graduated with honours (Magna Cum Laude), achieving my Bachelor’s of Music degree.”
Aside bagging a degree, Ibeazor smiled home with the outstanding musicianship prize by the music department of Truman State University. Her name was also engraved in the departmental honour list for music.

Recall that when she graduated from MUSON School of Music in 2009, she won the first prize for singing and later proceeded to teach music in Strauss School of Music, Maitama, for a few months. She later became freelance and taught music in a number of schools in Abuja for another two years. It was during this period that her talent was discovered by Geir HenningBraatena, a prolific international Norwegian pianist, during a concert in Abuja.

She was granted a full scholarship by NNPC, with which she attended Truman State University, which prides itself as one of the top 10 universities in the Midwest of the United States of America.

“I have always dreamt of singing in the opera and it had remained a dream until the generosity of MTN in paying my school fees at MUSON, where I was given the finest musical education. That dream has become reality as I begin my journey unto the world stage. MTN paid my school fees as well as provided funds for my books, transportation and supported me with a stipend as pocket money. Today, I am a proud graduate of Truman State University in the United States of America and my name is listed in the honour row. I was also presented with a silver medal,” enthused Ibeazor.

Our reporter gathered that during the music honours recital in the school, Ibeazor was awarded the outstanding musicianship prize by the music department, where her name was listed in the departmental honour list for music. “I owe all this to the financial support I received from MTN and I am eternally grateful to them,” she said.

Ibeazor’s shining light is threatened by a gloomy cloud. She is worried about the future. The death of her benefactor in the June 2012 Dana Air crash has left a hole in her pocket. So when she was asked, “What are your plans now that you have graduated from Truman State University?”
She replied, “I plan to attend graduate school for my master’s and doctoral degrees simultaneously. I have already been admitted to the Crane School of Music, State University of New York at Potsdam and also the Butler School of Music, University of Texas at Austin. I’m looking for sponsorship to be able to attend one of the schools because on my second year during my time at Truman, I lost my Sponsor, former NNPC spokesman, Dr. Levi Ajuonuma to the June 2012 Dana Air plane crash. Since then, after his death, Truman State University took up payment of part of my tuition, and I had to work long hours to get the rest.”

Akinwale Goodluck, Corporate Services Executive, MTN, said that the company is proud to be part of the success story of this talented Nigerian, for making her country proud.”Agatha has justified the introduction of MTNF/MUSON scholars’ programme which began in 2006 with the aim of giving opportunities and support to students with talent in music but lack the financial wherewithal to achieve their dreams.”
It was the sponsorship by MTN that gave Ibeazor the opportunity of becoming a Nigerian Opera singer. If only the 25-year-old lady, a native of Ogidi in Anambra State, could get another cheerful sponsor to continue from where the MTN and the late Ajuonuma stopped, she could, perhaps, become the future music star that would rule the world with her voice

http://www.odogwublog.com/2014/07/triumph-of-anambra-songstress.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vBq0Rmeq38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT6eZBufSyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RZRTv2hEKA

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by Kingdolo(m): 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
ok
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by YomzzyDBlogger: 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
Ok
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by MrPresident1: 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
Congrats Agatha.

1 Like

Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by thesuave10(m): 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
Ok
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by TINALETC3(f): 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
Nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by iamchybs(m): 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
Keep shining!

2 Likes

Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by Benjom(m): 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
Splendid
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
As a superstitious gut wey I be... I think Her fathers spirit is watching, helping, and guiding her..
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by MRAKBEE(m): 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
Interesting
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by Kizyte(m): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
Thank God for her!
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by uso84: 1:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
Wow....what a voice
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by Johnbosco77(m): 1:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
NCAN....... OKOKO MAIKO branch.. reporting live...
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by awa(m): 1:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
[color=#990000][/color] Congrats
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by mikejj(m): 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2017
grin congrat dear i love you.keep pushing your dream to a greater heights
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by Hijay09(f): 1:56pm On Sep 20, 2017
Simply Amazing!
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by Adaumunocha(f): 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
Ok
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by WebSurfer(m): 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
cheesy
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by catherineokezie(f): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
Congrat dear...everyone have a story to tell
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by Blitz888(m): 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2017
The girl is good
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by HERSLEY(f): 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2017
Cool
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by dominique(f): 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
I don't think we have a large fanbase for opera music in this part of the world. She will be better appreciated in the States or Europe

2 Likes

Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by wildchild02: 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
Go girl

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by Miamibutch(m): 2:16pm On Sep 20, 2017
She try
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by zabadii(m): 2:33pm On Sep 20, 2017
RIP Ajunouma and other victims of Dana plane crash. This is a legacy and I expect MTN to finish what they started as CSR project. Though I'm Afonja I love Igbo girls like other African sisters. Best wishes girl

1 Like

Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 20, 2017
@op see the gibberish you typed. Is she the only one that can be sponsored in Nigeria? Great achievement no doubts but there are more talents in Nigeria in other much more important and relevant fields such as sciences that could be sponsored as well. Nigeria needs to begin sponsoring talents in sciences and not just music.
lestat:

Triumph Story Of Nigerian Song Mistress---Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor

Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor, a graduate of the MUSON School of Music, Onikan, Lagos, is a living testimony that the darkest night often reveals the bright star.

She lost her dad at the age of four and faced a tough struggle for survival, along with her widowed mum and other four siblings. Not even her mother’s diligent hands could ease the stranglehold of hardship on her family.

Consequently, Ibeazor lost the opportunity of studying Law at the Anambra State University (ANSU). Her disconsolate mother couldn’t afford the tuition and living cost. It was the darkest hour of her life, as her youthful dream of becoming a lawyer crashed irretrievably before her eyes.
Like a drowning man that clutches at a straw, Ibeazor grabbed the opportunity of studying at the Muson Diploma School, Lagos, with the tuition fees paid by MTN Foundation for admitted students. Attending the school, surprisingly turned out to be the magical key that unlocked her gates of treasure.

Hear her testimony: “I got admitted to study at MUSON and attended for two years, completing my associate diploma degree and graduating with prize for voice. Two years after my graduation, I was awarded a scholarship by former NNPC Spokesman, the late Dr. Levi Ajuonuma. This enabled me to attend Truman State University in the United States, where I just graduated with honours (Magna Cum Laude), achieving my Bachelor’s of Music degree.”
Aside bagging a degree, Ibeazor smiled home with the outstanding musicianship prize by the music department of Truman State University. Her name was also engraved in the departmental honour list for music.

Recall that when she graduated from MUSON School of Music in 2009, she won the first prize for singing and later proceeded to teach music in Strauss School of Music, Maitama, for a few months. She later became freelance and taught music in a number of schools in Abuja for another two years. It was during this period that her talent was discovered by Geir HenningBraatena, a prolific international Norwegian pianist, during a concert in Abuja.

She was granted a full scholarship by NNPC, with which she attended Truman State University, which prides itself as one of the top 10 universities in the Midwest of the United States of America.

“I have always dreamt of singing in the opera and it had remained a dream until the generosity of MTN in paying my school fees at MUSON, where I was given the finest musical education. That dream has become reality as I begin my journey unto the world stage. MTN paid my school fees as well as provided funds for my books, transportation and supported me with a stipend as pocket money. Today, I am a proud graduate of Truman State University in the United States of America and my name is listed in the honour row. I was also presented with a silver medal,” enthused Ibeazor.

Our reporter gathered that during the music honours recital in the school, Ibeazor was awarded the outstanding musicianship prize by the music department, where her name was listed in the departmental honour list for music. “I owe all this to the financial support I received from MTN and I am eternally grateful to them,” she said.

Ibeazor’s shining light is threatened by a gloomy cloud. She is worried about the future. The death of her benefactor in the June 2012 Dana Air crash has left a hole in her pocket. So when she was asked, “What are your plans now that you have graduated from Truman State University?”
She replied, “I plan to attend graduate school for my master’s and doctoral degrees simultaneously. I have already been admitted to the Crane School of Music, State University of New York at Potsdam and also the Butler School of Music, University of Texas at Austin. I’m looking for sponsorship to be able to attend one of the schools because on my second year during my time at Truman, I lost my Sponsor, former NNPC spokesman, Dr. Levi Ajuonuma to the June 2012 Dana Air plane crash. Since then, after his death, Truman State University took up payment of part of my tuition, and I had to work long hours to get the rest.”

Akinwale Goodluck, Corporate Services Executive, MTN, said that the company is proud to be part of the success story of this talented Nigerian, for making her country proud.”Agatha has justified the introduction of MTNF/MUSON scholars’ programme which began in 2006 with the aim of giving opportunities and support to students with talent in music but lack the financial wherewithal to achieve their dreams.”
It was the sponsorship by MTN that gave Ibeazor the opportunity of becoming a Nigerian Opera singer. If only the 25-year-old lady, a native of Ogidi in Anambra State, could get another cheerful sponsor to continue from where the MTN and the late Ajuonuma stopped, she could, perhaps, become the future music star that would rule the world with her voice

http://www.odogwublog.com/2014/07/triumph-of-anambra-songstress.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vBq0Rmeq38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT6eZBufSyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RZRTv2hEKA

Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by coalcoal1(m): 2:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
This is great. I love inspiring stories like this.
Re: Agatha Onyinye Ibeazor Another Unrecognized Nigerian Star by Belmot(m): 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
zabadii:
RIP Ajunouma and other victims of Dana plane crash. This is a legacy and I expect MTN to finish what they started as CSR project. Though I'm Afonja I love Igbo girls like other African sisters. Best wishes girl
And who ask you whether you're Ibilo or Bassa? Afonja ko Afori ni.

(1) (2) (Reply)

VIDEO: Pamela Odame Playing With Her Breast, Masturbating & Finger Virgïñã / Doris Simeon Appears Beautiful In New Photos / Foluke Daramola Is Ambassador For Gender Based Violence, GBV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.