Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Grey’s Anatomy Actress Shocked To Receive A Diagnosis Of Brain Tumour - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Grey’s Anatomy Actress Shocked To Receive A Diagnosis Of Brain Tumour (383 Views)

Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman / UNIPORT Fresh Graduate Dies Of Brain Tumor (Photos) / Nigerian Man Diagnosed With Brain Tumour, Left Paralyzed Recounts His Recovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Grey’s Anatomy Actress Shocked To Receive A Diagnosis Of Brain Tumour by RxH8: 2:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
Top actress, Ms Walsh popularly know forher role in Grey’s anatomy recently revealed she had a brain tumour-Meningioma.

“I was shocked,” Walsh said of the moment doctors revealed her MRI results. “It was not what I expected.”

The tumour was removed by neurosurgeons at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, three days after a diagnosis was made. After removing the tumor, doctors confirmed that it was benign.

What were some of the warning signs of the brain tumour? About 2 years ago, she could recall she was really exhausted following her role in another TV series “Bad Judge.”

“I could drink five cups of coffee and not wake up,” she told CNN

“I would reach for words or thoughts, and I just couldn’t finish them,” Walsh said. This was on account of cognitive difficulties that occurred later.

According to reports, ”She found it hard to concentrate. Her balance was off, and she developed shooting headaches.

By the time she made it to the doctor in June 2015, he even noticed that the right side of her face was drooping slightly. It was then that doctors found the benign tumor, which was just over 5 centimeters long, pushing on her left frontal lobe.

Could her role as Dr. Addison Montgomery on “Grey’s Anatomy” and the spinoff “Private Practice have prepared her for this illness? No. She had not even heard of the term ”meningioma” before.

“I was so relieved to know that it was something” that could be fixed, Walsh said of the tumor. Her advice: “Trust your instincts. Trust your body.” She has revealed the tumour to encourage the public to get annual checkups.

More Information about brain tumours

Brain tumors occur when abnormal cells grow within or around the brain. Because of the impact of the tumour on brain tissue, it is not uncommon for a person’s emotions, thinking and movement to be affected.
The most common type of brain tumor is Glioblastoma. This is malignant and very aggressive. Recently, Senator John McCain underwent surgery for glioblastoma.

Source:http://www.healthx24.com/greys-anatomy-brain-tumor-diagnosis/

(1) (Reply)

DIY 2-ingredient Hydrating Face Mask / Nigerian Beggar With His Intestine Outside His Stomach Tells His Story / So Cool! You Can Now Donate Blood On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.