Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

So Many Of My Friends Go To Africa To Get Rich, Trump Tells African Leaders - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / So Many Of My Friends Go To Africa To Get Rich, Trump Tells African Leaders (615 Views)

US Election: Trump Tells North Carolina Voters To Vote Twice / Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks / Why My Friends Go To Africa – Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Many Of My Friends Go To Africa To Get Rich, Trump Tells African Leaders by Watsoneology: 4:54am On Sep 21, 2017
So Many Of My Friends Go To Africa To Get Rich, Trump Tells African Leaders

While many Africans wallow in squalor and hopelessness, U.S. President Donald Trump disclosed on Wednesday that so many of his friends go to Africa to get rich because Africa has tremendous business potential.

“Africa has tremendous business potential. I have so many friends going to your countries, trying to get rich,”

He said at a meeting on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly in New York with the leaders of Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Namibia, Nigeria, Senegal, Uganda, and South Africa.

“I congratulate you. They’re spending a lot of money. But it does — it has a tremendous business potential and representing huge amounts of different markets. And for American firms it’s become a place that they have to go — that they want to go,” he added.

He said he sees in Africa “partners for promoting prosperity and peace on a range of economic, humanitarian, and security issues”.

“We hope to extend our economic partnerships with countries who are committed to self-reliance and to fostering opportunities for job creation in both Africa and the United States,” he added.

He recalled that six of the world’s ten fastest-growing economies are in Africa and argued that “increasing American trade and investment across diverse industries — including agriculture, energy, transportation, healthcare, travel, and tourism — will further transform lives throughout the continent”.

“Secretary Tillerson and the U.S. Millennium Challenge Corporation are already considering an investment worth hundreds of millions of dollars in Côte d’Ivoire, which has made impressive economic reforms,” Mr. Trump said.

President Trump said the United States would partner with African countries to defeat terrorism and its ideology, because “our prosperity depends, above all, on peace”.

“The United States will partner with the countries and organizations, like the African Union, which lead successful efforts to end violence, to prevent the spread of terrorism, and to respond to humanitarian crises. I commend our troops currently serving in the field,” he said.

The United States would also continue to partner with African countries to combat pandemics, he added.
Source https://nairalearn.com/president-buhari-meets-donald-trump-picture/
Re: So Many Of My Friends Go To Africa To Get Rich, Trump Tells African Leaders by WetinConsignMe: 5:02am On Sep 21, 2017
Olk
Re: So Many Of My Friends Go To Africa To Get Rich, Trump Tells African Leaders by jtjohn(m): 5:07am On Sep 21, 2017
okay
Re: So Many Of My Friends Go To Africa To Get Rich, Trump Tells African Leaders by sarrki(m): 5:18am On Sep 21, 2017
While our brothers and sisters travel in thousands daily in search of greener pasture .

I see it as
Modern day slavery
Re: So Many Of My Friends Go To Africa To Get Rich, Trump Tells African Leaders by ishowdotgmail(m): 5:47am On Sep 21, 2017
Yea, they are here to tap from our ignorance making more money from it
Re: So Many Of My Friends Go To Africa To Get Rich, Trump Tells African Leaders by Valro(m): 5:48am On Sep 21, 2017
Na today e start? They have been exploiting us since 011BC....We Africans have all it takes to be greater than the Europeans but we pull ourselves down with unnecessary spiritualism and black man mentality.
Re: So Many Of My Friends Go To Africa To Get Rich, Trump Tells African Leaders by adebayo3449(m): 6:00am On Sep 21, 2017
Ok
Re: So Many Of My Friends Go To Africa To Get Rich, Trump Tells African Leaders by falcon01: 6:01am On Sep 21, 2017
africans are ignorant to what they have on ground.
Re: So Many Of My Friends Go To Africa To Get Rich, Trump Tells African Leaders by Willybos(m): 6:09am On Sep 21, 2017
K
Re: So Many Of My Friends Go To Africa To Get Rich, Trump Tells African Leaders by ipobarecriminals: 6:17am On Sep 21, 2017
H3 is right.There's opportunity here in Africa. Launch deep and u'll discover the rich
Re: So Many Of My Friends Go To Africa To Get Rich, Trump Tells African Leaders by orisa37: 6:25am On Sep 21, 2017
Africans buy American standards and values.

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump For 2nd Term. Pastor Mike Pence For Another 8 Years! / Is This America? Really? Really!? / Africa: End France Imperialism, Arrogance And Terrorism NOW!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.